xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hyett

Childhood Dreams

I think I've always wanted to be a programmer ever since I got my first computer. I know there was a time when I didn't think this, but back then I didn't think about what i wanted to become.

now that i have got abit older and also ever since i got my first computer ive always wanted to make a very sucessful website and make money from it but im not even close.

im gonna make a online football managment site/forum with the free webhosting provided by trap 17 if they let me have it.

if any body is interested in helping me add my msn esms@hotmail.co.uk

Since i was young i always wanted to be a singer, i can sing but not professionally, i have recorded my own songs with some friends but i guess its still not good enough, although i always knew i wanted to do something in the creative area... Who wouldve known I'd turn out to be a part time model.. And studying multimedia design was at the last minute thing. But hey i always designed websites and flash animation as a hobby since i got a computer which was in the younger years as a freshman haha. :PSo i guess im close to my childhood dreams ^^

I think I've always wanted to be a programmer ever since I got my first computer. I know there was a time when I didn't think this, but back then I didn't think about what i wanted to become.

Haha, that's interesting... I have successfully decided that I NEVER want to be a programmer. I liked programming when I was younger, but now I've decided that it's too tiring and monotonous... I like working with others, too, not hacking around in millions of lines of code... When I was really young I wanted to be an entomologist (that's a guy who studies bugs if you don't know) or an astrophysicist. I eliminated the first one because I realized early on that there aren't enough jobs (depressing thoughts for a seven year old) but I might still be an astronomy professor or something... I think now I'd like to be a professor when I go off to college in a few years, but I'm not sure what in.

When I was smaller, I always dreamed of hacking into computers and playing around, back then I didn't know what hacking really meant, just thought it sounded cool.Now my thoughts about hacking are: o_O.oops.Childhood dreams rarely come true, but I'm just being a pessimist again.

When I was smaller, I always dreamed of hacking into computers and playing around, back then I didn't know what hacking really meant, just thought it sounded cool.Now my thoughts about hacking are: o_O.
oops.
Childhood dreams rarely come true, but I'm just being a pessimist again.

haha, i love that, "oops". Yea, hacking can be fun to show off to friends, but I never hack illegally, there is a website that offers missions that are hosted on their site so you can learn, but I would never do it to hurt somebody.

If I were to be truly honest I would say that my childhood dream that I can recall was being on this enchanted blue luxurious french ship with my beautiful older cousin putting on her earings infront of a beatutiful blue sitting mirror. I was the age of five in the dream and didn't understand anything, but that it was getting wet around here. As the ship took water my cousin grabbed me and dashed up to the roof, she waved and waved for others to actually rescue us but we were ignored again and again and again until finally the water began to take form of ice, causing the remainding boat to freeze up, however as the water froze up I felt like I could will them in my direction, I turned them to stairs and threw my cousin's body out of the water and onto dry land, I was still cold in the dream and when I woke up I realized I forgotten to close the window, lolz.Dunno what it means, probably forgetfulness.

I'm not sure if you mean dreams as in hopes and aspirations, or dreams like you have when you sleep at night. As for night time dreams, when I was a young child I had this reoccuring nightmare about the world being on fire. I would be standing on the back porch and see the orange and red glow in the horizon and see the flames burning at the far edge of the back field. I used to hate to go to sleep for fear of having that stupid dream. I was always afraid if I even heard the word fire at night I would have that dumb dream. Oddly, that is the only reoccuring dream I ever had. And it has been many years since I had it.

when I was a kid, I wanted to become an astronaut and fly to space. I remember staring at the clear night sky being in awe with the stars despite my not-so clear vision. When I grew up a bit I changed my choice to becoming a chef. Now that I'm a full-time programmer/analyst, all of those stuff with remain a dream and I'll just call myself a frustrated dreamer :P but who knows, if I want to have some changes, I could probably accommodate later on.

As a child many have got many dreams,and most of the are absurd.But My childhood dream was and is would to live upto the expectation of my parents and also to a successful engineer.From childhood I want to help others in every possible way and I do help others whenevr I get the chance.So I am just concentrating on achieving my childhood dreams now. :)

As a child I wanted to be an artist. To be able to go to work on a painting everyday or a sculpture that in the end would inspire others to move. I never cared where or how they moved, just that they moved. By move, I mean that I wished they would be inspired enough to take actions within their own lives. Though I still have that dream and am able to practice often enough, the hardships of life have set in and the reality of me making a living off of it just isn't there. So now my dream, like many other people's, is to be able to start a successful business of my own that will allow me to be around my family as often as I want. I figure if I get started now, when I'm finally ready to settle down and have a family of my own, that by then my business will be firmly rooted and be heading in the direction I want it to. As for the business itself, I'm still working on that one. To be honest though, I get more fun out of the trip than I do the destination. :fart:

I wanted too marry a cute, blond boy with nice hair and get two-three kids: Linnea, Leon and Leah. :) I wanted to grow up to a independent girl, how does not follow everyone else. I actually think I have made that "dream" come true. I have always wanted to follow in my parents footsteps, becoming a dentist or work as something in a oil-company. In a long time I also wanted to become a vet, but that dream changed when one of them "killed" one of my rabbits.

There was time in my life when I wanted to be a Police Woman. :) But thats looong gone. Lol.Nowdays I've got a few things I want to be when Im older.Firstly theres a Graphic Designer. I love working with Photoshop and creating graphics, so Graphic Making would definately be asomthing I'd enjoy. I'm fairly creative and theres always a need for someone to make graphics. Plus I could work from home, or overseas while Im on holiday and email it to clients. It sounds pretty fun.Secondly I've got a bit of a plan to go to Third World COuntries as a Nurse. I really, really want to help out overseas in the Third World Countries to help people in need. And Medical help is such a good way to help because it means I could help alot of people. The only bad bit about it is the four year Uni Course. I only wanted to go for a couple years or so so four years for half of that doesn't seem very appealing. My friend and I worked out that I was going to write a journal everyday and turn it into a book :)Thirdly, I've always been good at writing stories and written work in general so I'd love to be an Author. I've already got a great idea for a novel. Something like a journalist would be awesome aswell. I'd love to work in an office (just like the movies) and perhaps met my Clarke Kent. Lol. The Uni journalism course runs off into so many different sections so a journalist course at Uni would set me up for uhndreds of different oppertunities!My fourth interest is counselling. I'm really interesting in Phycology and how the brain works. The brains reactions and functions are really fascinating to me. So that would definately be another option.I've got too many options!! But I've got plenty of time to decide still, I'm only fourteen :D