xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
awagink

Talk About Tuition And Fees For College

Yeah, tuition is probably going to kill me if I want to get into some of the colleges I want to. That's why I've started a mad blitz to get some scholarships, and hopefully some will since I've managed to pull myself up to #2 in my class rankings.

college

Talk About Tuition And Fees For College

I think that a person should only go to college if they truly know what career they want

I mean, whats the point of going into debt if you're just going to fool around the whole time

Unless you're one of those people who saved their money since kindergarden lolz

Regardless whether it makes you good on a resume, still

I know people who waited a couple of years before going to college cuz they weren't sure what to do

And besides, not all jobs need a college degree ya know?

Its just unfortunate that people needing labor force would rather hire some graduate with a 4 yr diploma than hire the guy right next to him with like 20 yrs of experiance in the field you're hiring for

Just cuz a person went to college doesn't mean they're responsible or smarter than the guy sitting right next to em

Theres all kinds of incredible talent out there being ignored all cuz they aren't some fancy scholor

Its a shame that paperwork proves a persons worth now a days

-reply by Bloompie

That's what happens when the government don't take a hands-on role in the situation of students. You depend whether on your parents' fortune, on your desire to get stacked in loans and bet your neck on getting a good job after your degree, or working while studying which isn't always possible.In my opinion, students and workers should join forces to make the government take really care of advanced studies, for everyone free. So, whether the son of the banker or the daughter of the lumberjack can have an university degree.That's what happened in my country, Uruguay, like fifty years ago. Now the most important university is the public university, University of the Republic. It is not in a campus, but spread all over the capital city, Montevideo (where 60% of the population of the country lives) and has very few colleges outside that city. But the most important thing is that is "free"...Still, it's hard to get a go through it degree, since many carriers are full time, and you don't have time to get a job to buy the bus tickets, the food or if you have to help at home or get a house to live in if you come from the countryside.All this make people spend 50% time studying than it was s?"supposed" for the carrier, if they can finish it some day.Luckily for me, my parents can afford my living cost, so I'll be starting Social Anthropology next year.

Scholarships can be a savior when it's time to go to college; without the extra funding, it can be extremely hard to come up with the money. Especially if you forsee graduate school in the future...but sometimes you can get fellowships to help pay for the latter.I've found that going to a public school cut tuition costs practically in half, BEFORE schoarships. If you work hard, you can often get a merit scholarship on top of that, and that seroiusly reduces the amount you need to pay.Once you get to school too, there's books and fees to pay for. There's no way out of the fees, but book costs can be reduced by buyng used or using the older versions in the library.It's no wonder the poor college kid stereotype evolved...