xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

Trap17 Special Logo As a dedication to the best hosting...

http://www.tubee.net/

I was bored so I made Xisto logo again - different theme, since school started again I don't regard it being winter anymore. I'm very uninspired this time, I would have wanted to make it nice but I didn't have anything in mind. The colors are all wrong I think but I do think that the red fits in nicely. Next time I should save the psd so you all can edit it and make it look better, but 8/10 times I don't save. With my homework nowadays I do save my stuff. Give your comments and say whether or not you like it. :rolleyes:

Aaah well fair enough, microsoft should fix that then.  Today after about a year and a half of using adobe, i know how to center things!  It's real easy but i was never able to do it...

41098[/snapback]

lol, even if you use photoshop for 5 years you don't learn everything. I've been using it for two+ years, and I sure as heck don't know everything.

You have to choose your "center point" (I GUESS IT'S WRONG, but I don't know how to say iy correctly :rolleyes:) by selecting the layers with the CTRL and then choose the layer you wish to center by clicking at the layer box and then go to "Layer > Align To Selection"

I hope I could help you... I have one doubt... I can't mix two layers... I mean... I want to make two layers become one can I do it? Because I always have to use Corel Photo-paint to do it :)

41142[/snapback]

To center an image in the center of the canvas, select the entire image

(Right click with a selection tool and click "Select all" or go to Select>select all) and then choose the layer you want centered. Clikc on the arrow button and under the properties for that tool (Near the top of the screen) there should be 6 options. One is for horizontal align (Aligns it in the middle of the selection from left to right), and another is vertical align, which aligns it in the middle, from top to bottom.

"I hope I could help you... I have one doubt... I can't mix two layers... I mean... I want to make two layers become one can I do it? Because I always have to use Corel Photo-paint to do it :)"

If you mean merging layers, in photoshop, either link the layers you want to merge together, or make those two the only layers that are visible. Then go to layer>merge visible or layer>merge linked. There are shorter ways to do that, but that should get you started.

By merging, I mean combining the information of two layers together, with how it looks varying according to the layers blending modes.

I hope I helped somewhat, I may have just confused some of you even more. When I upload my re-design to my Xisto site (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) by wednesday or thursday, I will probably have some basic tutorials on it.

I was bored so I made Xisto logo again - different theme, since school started again I don't regard it being winter anymore.  I'm very uninspired this time, I would have wanted to make it nice but I didn't have anything in mind.  The colors are all wrong I think but I do think that the red fits in nicely.  Next time I should save the psd so you all can edit it and make it look better, but 8/10 times I don't save.  With my homework nowadays I do save my stuff.  Give your comments and say whether or not you like it. :rolleyes:

41413[/snapback]

hey that one looks pretty nice, the text looks really cool, how exactly did you get that effect? do you use photoshop or something else? nice work dude..

WOW! I love these Xisto logos! Now it's the time to add similar banners, buttons and make a whole new layout for Xisto! What about some flash intros, splash pages? You can make a whole new site for every season, holiday, or just have plain fun with making layouts! I'm not saying the current layout is bad however!

Speaking of pixel font, I am one of those people who LOVE pixel font! It is pretty cool, and you make it with one pixel at a time! The drawback is that it's sometimes too small and people can't read the writing. Becca likes to use pixel font, right? I think it's really effective, because it takes less space!

Speaking of pixel font, I am one of those people who LOVE pixel font! It is pretty cool, and you make it with one pixel at a time! The drawback is that it's sometimes too small and people can't read the writing. Becca likes to use pixel font, right? I think it's really effective, because it takes less space!

42044[/snapback]

Most people use pixel fonts that they downloaded, such as redensek (sp?), pixeldust, porsche911, etc.

42044[/snapback]

lol well yeah I do if you are talking about me. Pixel font's are cool for stuff like um text on a pixel image? lol. Anyways i hope you don't mind but I think this one is loads more better than your other one. Great job yet again. You just keep on creating don't you?

hey that one looks pretty nice, the text looks really cool, how exactly did you get that effect? do you use photoshop or something else? nice work dude..By Bash = I most certainly did use photoshop, what else? It's actually very simple ; select the text layer CTRL+click and then create new laeyer, i get marquee and put it on subtract mode, in the remaining area i fill with white and reduce opacity. Easiest effect possible actually but it can turn out real nice! Pixel fonts are really nice, like in the corner saying JaVe Incorporated or whatnot, just don't overdo it. Haettenscweiler is good (whatever it is called). Weekend now and my exams are over, i'm gonna create some more WAHOO!!

Ok, i had a spurt of creativity and came up with this logo:

Comments anyone? Out of 10?

I think this is my better side, better than my second logo in this thread. But, what do you think- should i lay off the 3d (its been done over a gazillion times), it does look good but, what do you think? Why don't we all make cool logos to give each other inspiration, or just ideas?

this one is 5x better than your first one. It's really nice. Sleek shiney and in rich colours... i give it like a 9 because i do.No affence I would not ,myself, call this a logo just a sort of image of the name of the website. A logo I normally think of consists of an image that represents the website, so it can be recognised and remember easiest, not exactly in text.But anyhow it is extremely good and keep on contributing....one day I hope tio be better than you :P

Yes, thanks, my point exactly; it's sleek and shiny but does not represent the website and what it is about. Dunno, i suck at that stuff, how would you make a logo for a webhosting company?

I like the effect that using a solid color at the top half or so and a gradient at the bottom gives. I haven't experimented much with text though personally. If it wasn't for the the 3d effect, I believe that it would look too plain and the colors would't go with the image as well. As it is, it is nice. It is true that it dosen't represent the site well however, which can be difficult to do. I may make an attempt at this eventually, but I'm not sure right now.

I have made a slow attempt at learning 3ds max; i want to be able to make a computer case so i can use that to represent Xisto. I havent come that far yet. If anyone here can tell me how to split a face i'd be very grateful.

about the first design:It is beyond doubt that you've put a lot of work in this project, i know it's difficult to design new stuff, so for this you get my appreciation :D . Still, i don't like it. In my opinion, it comes from a cartoon or something and that's not what Xisto stands for i think. (i'm pretty sure of that B) ). I'm not saying i would do better than you :P ..