xisto Community
Jimmy

Addon Domain [already Configured] Can't Be Created! Help! [resolved]

Addon DomainBind reloading on gamma using rndc zone: [projectjim.co.uk]The subdomain, googlue.projectjim.co.uk has been added.
Error from park wrapper: googlue.co.uk is already configured.

Removed googlue.projectjim.co.uk Server at line: 1176. Removed Entry from httpd.conf Bind reloading on gamma using rndc zone: [projectjim.co.uk] Bind reloading on alpha using rndc zone: [projectjim.co.uk] Bind reloading on epsilon using rndc zone: [projectjim.co.uk] Bind reloading on shree using rndc zone: [projectjim.co.uk] The subdomain, googlue.projectjim.co.uk has been removed.

googlue.co.uk could not be setup. The subdomain googlue. projectjim.co.uk was not setup either.

I ran into this problem after my browser froze whilst trying to add googlue.co.uk there was obviously some configuration settings made and it think it exists, but the addon domain doesn't!
I already have two other addon domains running, but repeated attempts to re-create this addon just give the same result (even with a different subdomain target)

Any ideas where the settings might be stored or how I can get this to work?

Cheers
James

maybe it wasn't configured fully. maybe if you retrace your steps to unconfigure what you had so far and try to configure the addon domain again. this may work. maybe it wonti know when i run it to b.s. problems like this, i just try to fiddle with it(since i like to figure crap out on my own anyway) and usually i can come up with a solution.it looks like something was obviously configured though at least partially....

EDIT: Seems like I found the answer, though it requires root access (anyone able to please fix this :) ) Link to SOS Wiki:

Remove zone file in /var/named > rm /var/named/domain.com.db

Find the domain in the /var/cpanel/users directory
> grep -R -i domain.com *

Modify the cpanel user file
> vi username_found_with_grep
> remove all references to domain

Modify /etc/named.conf file and remove all references to domain

> REMOVE this entire entry, include the
trailing '};'

> zone "domain.com" {
type master;
file "/var/named/ttiappliances.com.db";
};

Reload named
> /etc/init.d/named reload

Cleanliness - remove references from:
> vi /etc/userdomains
> vi /etc/localdomains

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

googlue.co.uk -> deleted from gamma. googlue.co.uk -> deleted from epsilon.
googlue.co.uk -> deleted from alpha.

Removal Complete

I removed the DNS Zone. Please give it a try now :-)

Thank you very much Opaque, Jlhaslip and anwiii for the help you've given :)The problem is now solved, and lesson learnt to help avoid this silly problem in the future!! :DCheersJames

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.