xisto Community
headstrongbrian

Martial Arts Of Noobs which one should i do?

Martial arts are indeed cool, however, it is not a matter of showing off.When you think like this you are going around it completely the wrong way.That is not what martial arts are about.As a skilled martial artist, you can of course give exhibitions, to show what your particular martial art involves, or to rouse interest for the art in young (and even older)people.Most definitely you can show the beauty and efficiency of your martial art, show the benefits it may have on your well being, health, strength and how efficient it is in situations when you are in danger, but it is not supposed to be shown 'how good you are' (or, at least, you 'think' you are).It is the martial art doing things for you, not the other way round. You show your devotion (and gratitude) to the martial artby working hard and practising and trying to become as good at it as you can, to the glory of your martial art, not your own.This is just another part of discipline.

Once again, not 100 % the way to go about things.Is it one of the principles of any martial art to be lethal then?

Reading this amazes me...I honestly did not know there were this many different types of martial arts. The only ones I knew of before were like Tai Quan Do or however it's spelled, along with normal "Karate"......Oh, Jujitsu I think is the other...I was in Karate for a little while when I was younger but didn't really find it interesting enough. Maybe another type would be more attention grabbing for me?