xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Dvd Drive Fails To Write Under Windows Vista TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L SCSI CdRom device

My new venture shop's computer started to act up. I purchased low-end CompaQ desktop featuring Windows Vista Home with DVDRW drive by TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L SCSI CdRom device (this description is from Windows directly).

I have allowed to install DVD authoring and copying program on this machine. The machine was running just finely and *ahem* duplicating DVD's for shop's purpose. The DVDs did not have copyright notice and it was for piercing tutorials (so FBI get off my back :rolleyes:)

Anyway, few weeks ago my shop's desktop failed to copy using DVDFab. At first I thought it was Vista's way of filtering DVD duplication. This happened to me with Windows XP Professional edition after SP2. When I reverted back to SP1 it worked perfectly. But this wasn't the case this time. Has my drive done bad? Operating Roxio to make CD music and data disks it was also working perfectly. So what could have been the issue?

I have searched the internet and I came across many threads advising to modify Windows registry--this I was not willing to attempt at this point. I was leaning towards "hardware gone bad," you see. Searching for any error log I have found the following message:

Write error at 0 (16) - Code 06 29 00 [unit attention, Power On or Bus device reset occurred]

Ah, this meant either my DMA was not turned on and my drive is stuck on PIO mode or the writer cannot write to a disk. I know it has worked before but why now? It's the same disk (Verbatim 100 count from Sam's club) and nothing has changed. Searching the internet all I found a solution to this situation was "reinstall the driver!"

Leaving registry edit and reinstalling as my last resort I did the following: accessing the DVD authoring program and lower the writing speed from MAX/Recommended to 4X. And look at that! The program is working perfectly and the re-authoring software is working like the first time.

So before you go through the somewhat dangerous path of editing your registry or painful hours of reinstalling your driver/OS try lowering or setting writing speed to 4X and work your speed up.

How typical of Windows Vista :rolleyes: nothing ever seems to work under this menace>> my laptop cannot get stuff printed when it goes thru the main computer... i need to manually plug it directly in to print!!!I hate vista...

You ,ay need to update the drivers so its compatible with the vista OS, I would suggest trying the CD ROM on another computer that can fit it and see if you get any problems with it. Of course usually it is a bad CD ROM drive as I have gone through two of them myself on my XP already. So what I suggest is to update drivers, try it out on another computer, if you can, and if it still don't work replace it.

UPDATE:

I came across this website, and I would suggest reading maineman, Jimbo, and signals posts about how to fix it, or rather where to look into since the CD ROM is different from yours. Of course it doesn't hurt to call compaq support about this error since they would have more information about this then anyone else does at the moment.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

my problem isn

Dvd Drive Fails To Write Under Windows Vista

It was vista, kept losing net connection, fixed that problem by going back to XP, and vista blows.

XP isn't allowing me to burn disks, doesn't recognize TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L as a writer, just a reader .DVD's play all is good on reading, writing doesn't work at all.

Any help on this would be great, I'm not real super smart, and just smart enough to know I don't know.

This is due to having the PCI drivers incorrectly installed.To fix, go to Device Manager, Change driver on the IDE controller to the standard Microsoft driver (I bet its on jMicron or something) and remove the DVD drive from Device Manager.Reboot and Windows will now see the DVD/ Writer

cd written in vista, not open in xp

Dvd Drive Fails To Write Under Windows Vista

My cd had written in windows vista by writer.

That cd is not opening in windows xp.

The message is that "file is corrupted or format is different..."

Driver Download site for DVD DrivesDvd Drive Fails To Write Under Windows Vista

Hello, I?ve got the same Problem with my 4 month old TSST TS-H653Q DVD RW Drive.

The main problem is caused by an outrunning trial version of Cyberlinc DVD Suite.

After a few hours of searching and trying, I found a Driver package which works with my Drive.

You can download it on:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Just click on the button "Driver Downloads" and download the "Driver Installer". Extract and Install it, and your Drive might be working again.

Good Luck

Another thing to do is try looking for firmware updates for the burner. There are often times firmware updates a few months after a cd rom/dvd burner has been released, to help iron out bugs.Not to mention they also offer other benefits quite often(Like enhanced read/write speeds and whatnot).If the burner actually came in the HP(HP = Compaq), then you should be able to get the drivers directly off of their website. Just go to hp.com and search for your PC's model number(Not the series. If your PC says like "DV 1000" that is not the model. What you want is like "DV 1049cl.") and it will list all of the available drivers.Alternatively, you can also contact them. If you take this method I suggest doing it using the online support. Doing this they can just send you the direct links.

WunderbarDvd Drive Fails To Write Under Windows Vista

It worked great!  Installed all failed drivers in one attempt!  Many thanks!  Many thanks!

-reply by Rick