xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jaylor

Ragnarok MMORPG

If you like RO and want to play for free, or you're just bored and trying to decide on a new game to play, you should check out DragonRO. It's a free RO server that was really popular a little while ago but had to shut down. Well it's now returning for v2:Refreshed! and needs more players :rolleyes:

Posted Image

It's a stable, lag-free server which is coming back as v2:Refreshed! and aiming to get more players to join.

We have Patch Client, and an easy install guide, with experienced and helpful GMs if you happen to have any questions.

2. Server specifications/info

- 10/10/10 rates

- 24/7 uptime

- Using eAthena SVN Stable

- We have Custom Hats and 300+ Custom Palettes, PVP and MVP rooms, a free Warpra and Reset NPC, Custom Quests for hats, accessories, and pets, Healer, all the New Classes, and Functioning Homunculus.

3. Technical info

- Our main gameserver is run on a dedicated machine, with more than enough processing power and RAM to handle a large number of players at once. It is a very stable Linux server.

4. GM's team

Jaylor (admin)

CuisinartBlade (admin)

Gohan (GM)

ImmunityBow (GM)

5. URL of website/forum

- http://www.dragonro.org/

- Easy registration in-game

- Patch Client: Download

Hey I remember your server, at least I think I do! The name sounds very familiar and it was rather popular back in the day. Why did you guys need to shut down anyway? Well I haven't played RO in a very long time but I heard that the game has really picked up from when I left off. I know there is a lot more to do now and much more leveling to do haha. The weapons are different as well I heard. Well I might start up and good to know about some different servers, a 10/10/10 rating isn't that bad but I like servers with a little bit more leveling power. Though sometimes it takes the fun out of the game, I know that staying at low levels isn't very fun either! But I might check you guys out later thank you for the info. If I join any RO server I'll probably be joining DragonRO first hehe. Good luck on getting members I'm sure you will.-Jester

I'm glad you remember dRO! It was shut down because of a hosting switch. ie. I couldn't host it anymore and there was a period of time where it had no hoster. Means no server to play on, unfortunately.

It's up now though! And yes RO has become quite interesting and full of new items and quests and skill, even newer jobs. Also, it appears something has happened to Morroc. It's officially destroyed, did you know? I think the RO world is still awaiting the full story on that one :rolleyes:

I tend to like the 10x rates, it seems like a happy medium to me - you don't finish all your levelling too fast and take all the fun out of the game, and yet it's not extremely slow like the official rates

I have had two Ragnarok Servers myself, one aegis and one eAthena, and I must say good job very well done. It is very difficult to run a server of any magnitude and people fail to realize this. Keep up the good work.

From what I remember on RO ...there were oddities. Kiddish characters who were rep'd by kiddish people.Who in turn looked a little odd to say the least and when confronted with a question they can't answer they simply gave me an emoticon reply. >_> However now the good stuff: + very captivating+ addictive+ free.I'll be joining up shortly just got to kill somethings in my schedule. *school work*

From what I remember on RO ...there were oddities. Kiddish characters who were rep'd by kiddish people.
Who in turn looked a little odd to say the least and when confronted with a question they can't answer they simply gave me an emoticon reply. >_>

Well, it seems to me you just got onto a crap server... The server I used to be on was very similar to that *animaRO*

Currently, however, I am using rebirthRO. This server is incredibly efficient. It is totally up to date and never has down time. As you mentioned the people there. I don't know how you got all those people there :) Alot of the peopel on rebirthRO are older than I am. They take levelling very seriously as well as maturely.

As for my general opinion on this game. Just incase anyone is looking for an in depth review...
I think this game is fantastic, the graphics are nicely detailed and of all the 1500+ monsters there are 5 different sprites. These are attacking, being hit, standing still, moving and finally dying. This means of course alot of data. Which brings me to my first negative point. The intial download, if you have a slow connection, can take quite some time. It is most advisable to leave the download on over night. Once you initially download it there are quite alot of different chars to choose from. You start out as a novice and have ten levels to get used to the game and decide which job you want.
Then you chose your first job these are as following :-
Swordsman - Strong melee
Archer - Strong long range
Thief - Speed
Mage - Spell caster
Gunslinger - Gun user
Ninja - Spell caster mostly
Taekwon - Very difficult to use but rather strong. All rounder
Acolyte - Healers
Merchant - Mostly used to sell things in shops but also reasonable melee strength

You pick these classes then once your job level gets to 40 *you have two levels, one of them base which is how strong you are and job which you need to use to get skills* you pick a sub job for your character. Once these new jobbed chars reach level 99/50 they "trans" this means they are reborn as novices but stronger. You char becomes a high whatever it was before then a trans class of the second job. Each class has one trans job for the second job. The lines are like this.

Swordsman -> Knight -> Lord Knight
Swordsman -> Crusader -> Paladin
Archer -> Hunter -> Sniper
Archer -> Bard[or a dancer for females] -> Minstrel (also known as a clown)[a gypsy for females]
Thief -> Rogue -> Stalker
Thief -> Assasin -> Assasin Cross
Mage -> Wizard -> High Wizard
Mage -> Sage -> Scholar
Acolyte -> Monk -> Champion (immensely strong)
Acolyte -> Priest -> High Priest
Merchant -> Blacksmith ->Whitesmith (mastersmith on some servers
Merchant -> Alchemist -> Creators (Bio alchemist on some servers)

This system works very well because all of the servers have a top level that, when reached, is very respectable to have. There is always a constant choice of different skills and stat builds to use. So two characters are very rarely the same.

Hair and Clothing colour are customisable as well as hair style. This gives your character individuality as well as your own personal touch. There are over 77 styles:P Battling is very good. It is simple yet difficult. Skills are of course a necessity and most enemies even at high level will be impossible to defeat. You need to find friends to accompany you, but different classes level differently. In a party you can share exp or have it as each take. You need to make a party with different classes so they all help each other. You can also join guilds and have alot of fun in WoE fighting other chars for the right to a castle. This is really good as it pits yourself against many different enemies some of which are ridiculously strong. (level 255 sinX are almost unbeatable) anyway im gonna get going.

TL;DR RO f*****g rules go download it right now!

Although you have posted a great deal of information before me, I'm afraid your argument isn't strong enough for me to download to keep playing. =/It'll take a thesis statement and incredible supporting evidence really to actually produce enough feedback and output to exactly explain to me what it is about RO that makes it such an appealing rpg and that I should go out and play it day and night and continue even now.Not that you didn't have a valient effort, it's just that I'm not easily convinced is all mah man. =/I'm considering to try it out once, so no worries man. Really I would just be giving it a test run once I have my comp harddrive clean and organized. That way when I download it, I can easily uninstall it whenever I need to.

Hello againMy view on RO:I've never really figured out why I actually love playing RO so much. I've made countless characters, taking most time in 1st class which is my favourite, but eventually getting to the higher classes as well. I've been playing RO for actually over 8 years now which is sort of scary when you think about it, and of course while running a server I do a lot more than just level characters (which has helped me keep interested in it) but I still feel the same level of fun when starting a new character again, it has just never ever lost its appeal to me. I find that pretty amazing!Some things I do like about RO compared to other newer games: - I love the bright graphics of RO, especially when compared to the muddy darkness of games like WoW. Who said realistic meant dark and brown? RO's colour is very appealing.- I've always liked the anime-style of the game- In many newer games I've seen, the camera view float uselessly at a low angle at the back of your character, making the world hard to see. I think RO's camera is easy to control and shows the world very well, and you can see your character and everything around it- Can't go wrong with monster fights, player vs player, guild base battles, custom monster pets, visual chat program, and styling your avatar, all in one place.RO's just never stopped being fun for me, and I'm constantly stunned by the map detail and the background music quality :P

Don't get me wrong, RO can be loads of fun, it's really who you talk to or rp with. If the person you rp with has massive ideas then RO can be the best damn game you have ever laid eyes on. However on the other hand, if someone you rp with is unoriginal, has a short attention span and temper to match then we have a problem. My advice is when advertising about RO we should discuss plot ideas to get others involved more indepth. The more we talk the better we are getting to reaching your goal of newer and much more creative members. Old fans are great, however they have been tainted by the box of the game thinking norm. If you take someone else like myself, for instance, who isn't so much of a fan you'll find conflicting issues yes, but in turn you also recieve instant gratifying ideas that you probably wouldn't be able to see anywhere else. You should begin a note pad list of stuff to discuss on what specifically makes RO so much fun for you and basically delve into that idea and try to make it a sellible ideal to others so as to get others interested. If someone is curious more likely than not they'll try it, and if you give them alot to go on in terms of plot and not just "gameplay" chances are they are in for the long hawl.Hope that helps.~ Aeara. :P

Aeara, if you have a "control Panel" on your computer, you can just go to "remove programs" and uninstall it from there, but it depends on what type of computer you have though.

-reply by Quejira