xisto Community
Thyta

Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows WARNING: MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS ONLY READ IF YOU HAVE READ THE WHOL

I was wondering, can this be a discussion for the seventh and final book of the Harry Potter series? Because I really want to talk about it. Great book!

Do you think that the ending is a bit.. predictable?

I mean, it was kind of obvious (to me) that Hermione and Ron would eventually.. Marry each other? As with Harry and Ginny. But I like Harry's kid the best, the one that looks like him. Albus Severus, right? Or was it Albus Snape? Hmm.. I remember it was Albus _______..

Edited by Thyta (see edit history)

Well this is a good idea. I only read the last part of the book. It says:-

At the last it says something like. " Harry Potter waves as he says good bye to his son as he leaves the hogwarts Express"

That is something like what it says right at the botto. And thyta you shouldn't have said about them getting married and all. It is a spoiler for people who only watches the movies and also for people who are going to get the book. Use spoiler tags next tie such as this

something

Whoops, sorry. I edited it. But this book didn't come out in the movies yet.. Ahem. Anyways, I like the part about-

-the Hallows. I think it was really cool, 'cause they incorporated Harry's invisibility cloak in, as well as Dumbledore's wand and why Dumbledore kept the first Snitch Harry caught in the first place.

HAHA. Rowling should create another part where hermoine and ron get killed!!. And harry also get's killed while trying to defend hos child when malfoy had cast the death spell on him. That would be a nice ending ( Don't think i am only about killing )

Eh. What would happen to Voldemort and Malfoy and everybody else? Hogwarts? Snape? Just wondering.. Because personally, I like Severus Snape.. Especially after the ending. The ACTUAL ending.. :rolleyes:

I love the way about Snape's past.. All ties in together.. One thing I don't get though, is why-

-Lily married James Potter if she hated him.. Of course, James let go of a lot of his pride later.. But still. Snape is cool!

Not sure if that was a spoiler, but couldn't hurt. ;)

I think it was a quite good last instalment. Maybe a little bit predictable , but still very readable. I'm glad that it made the record for fastest selling book in 24 hours , the two previous records being broken by the series itself. Many of the mysteries were revealed , and a more sinister feel to the book than any other. Not saying that I like gore and blood , but in moderation it can give a book a nice touch. it brought together all of the aspects of the harry potter world , from the magical creatures and enemies , to the strong friendships and adventure. I can see my self reading the book for a while to come. While JK rowling has written another book that some of us are not ever likely to see , harry potter has been a hugely succesful series. It is a bit of a shame to see it go , but at least it went with a bang :)

Yeah I guess the ending was a little predictable .. but it would be dissapointing if Harry were to get killed or something. And it wouldn't allow another book. With the ending that its got, its open. Prehaps Lilly or Albus will be the new Harry Potter ... ;DD

Yeah I guess the ending was a little predictable .. but it would be dissapointing if Harry were to get killed or something. And it wouldn't allow another book. With the ending that its got, its open. Prehaps Lilly or Albus will be the new Harry Potter ... ;DD

You could be right. Plenty of people have written/ are writing fanfictions involving those two characters already =]

I thought it was a horrible ending, and the book was more of a effort to get through then an actual enjoyable experience. I don't read books when I know what's going to happen, and unfortunately the entire book was predictable. Also, the entire middle part of it, I thought it was useless. It seemed more like padding then anything else.Still, for good or bad, the series is finally, and thankfully over.

I loved the book, but i think some people doesn't like enough because of the last cap. In the nineteen years later, we know that Harry married Giny, and Ron married Hermione, that they had three children, and thats all. But Rowling doesn't tell what profession Harry chosse, like auror, or something else, there are many aspects that are not telled in the book, and i think that she will write another book...

Man, haven't been here for a while. .___.

Anyways, I don't think she'll write another book, but I think that Harry just.. Does nothing? That'd be really boring, though.. =D

Mhmmm... where should I start? First of all I must say that J.K.Rowling is a wonderful writer that has thrown a spell on all the children and adults that are reading her books. She is very clever and creative, I really love all of the wonderful things she writes about! She carries this amazing gift... that she are able to "connect" the different books, chapters, words and everything in a way that I certainly never would manage. I were sad when I was finished with the last book. Of course I am kind of happy for Harry and the rest of the crew, but it is just sad that the whole thing is over. I would wanted her to write a longer last chapter... it did not give out enough information for me. It ended so quickly, to quickly.

What can be said about book seven? Yes, there was some predictability; the mission of the seventh book had been laid out in book six. Was Ginny going to go against her established character and accept Harry's choice as the final word? Not a chance. Was Harry really going to walk alone on his journey or be a sole combatant in this fight? Again, no. Book seven did what it needed to do, wrap up a story that had started to become painful back in book five.One of the things I most apreciated about this book, or rather her skill in writing it, was that even as the story stayed with Harry, as it had to, it gave us glimpses of the struggles and heroisms of the other, less immediate, characters around him that made his mission possible.At the end I find that while I would enjoy more works by J.K.Rowling in this fascinating world she has assembled piece by piece for us, even more works about Harry, I don't think I would enjoy another saga revolving around Harry. To successfully pull off another extended story arc I think she would have to draw upon either her secondary characters or introduce a new cast to fascinate us.