xisto Community
Liam_CF

Vegetarianism Vegetarian, Nature Food, arguments for eating meat

Its true you cant trust where your food comes from if you didnt grow / raise it yourself. It dosent bother me so much if it looks clean I'll eat it. Hell I was so hungry one time I droped my food on the ground, I picked it up and blew the dirt off it and ate it. You cant be 100% clean with food, some people have weak stomach and would probably get sick but I didnt. Think someone spit on it give it a good wash.

I don't think he was referring to food you eat at home, since you'd be cooking it and effectively removing any bacteria that the spit left on it.

Good luck going to a resturant and washing your fried eggs.

And Liam_CF: Nah, there's not really anything on my conscience about it.

Its true you cant trust where your food comes from if you didnt grow / raise it yourself. It dosent bother me so much if it looks clean I'll eat it. Hell I was so hungry one time I droped my food on the ground, I picked it up and blew the dirt off it and ate it. You cant be 100% clean with food, some people have weak stomach and would probably get sick but I didnt. Think someone spit on it give it a good wash.

If you dont eat something raw, then by cooking it you kill like 90% of the bacteria on it. It's fairly safe to eat burgers if you cook them. :rolleyes:

I think saying "Meat is murder" is a hypocritical because we're not the only ones that kills brutally, animals do it to, just the other day I heard a girl swearing about not killing that poor lilttle thing, well, the snake that killed that little fury rabbit(poor little thing she didn't want dead) is a meat-eater and can't eat carrots. So it's in his nature to kill for living. Some may say that humans aren't dependent on meat to live, but I know we are, we need the thing thats in the meat, something a true vegetrarien knows. I know this because my X is a vegetarien, I'm not.I don't like the way we treat animals. but what should I do, Some things can't be stoped..like thing happen that I don't se, or can't do anything about. And one thing is YOU can't change the way people think, and I have seen stuff I really didn't like. I treat animals nice. I Love cats and dogs. But I can't do much about how other people treat theirs. I could try to stop them from hiting the animal.. but who hits a dog in public, unless your in a country that don't care at all about any animal.

I think saying "Meat is murder" is a hypocritical because we're not the only ones that kills brutally, animals do it to, just the other day I heard a girl swearing about not killing that poor lilttle thing, well, the snake that killed that little fury rabbit(poor little thing she didn't want dead) is a meat-eater and can't eat carrots. So it's in his nature to kill for living. Some may say that humans aren't dependent on meat to live, but I know we are, we need the thing thats in the meat, something a true vegetrarien knows. I know this because my X is a vegetarien, I'm not.
I don't like the way we treat animals. but what should I do, Some things can't be stoped..like thing happen that I don't se, or can't do anything about. And one thing is YOU can't change the way people think, and I have seen stuff I really didn't like. I treat animals nice. I Love cats and dogs. But I can't do much about how other people treat theirs. I could try to stop them from hiting the animal.. but who hits a dog in public, unless your in a country that don't care at all about any animal.

1. It's not hypocritical. What you say is true, other animals do kill other aniamls brutally, but they do that to SURVIVE. Humans can survivie without eating meat. As I have stated before, I am living proof of this. If the snake were not to kill the little bunny rabbit, then it could have died. That is nature, I accept that. But humans can grow their own plants and eat them, they do not need to kill animals.

2. We do not need 'the thing thats in meat.' I'm guessing you're talking about the essensial nutrients like protien found inside meats. If you're going to try to argue your point, please use correct termanology and structure. Humans can find protien in a lot of other sources, we do not need meat for it. Again, I am living proof of this fact.

3. By saying 'some things can't be stopped' they automatically cannot be. By thinking this way you're automatically stopping yourself from ending animal cruelty. Think of Nelson Mandella. Lots of people thought 'what can I do. Some things can't be stopped.' but he stood up for his rights and rights of his friends, family, other people and changed the way lots of people thing and changed laws.

4. There are charities such as the RSPCA who stop cruelty happening, but they cannot stop everything happening. Try to help and think about this deeply.

I am a veggi and don't have any problems with people who are not. But I can't understand why people doesn't step back even from killing innocent animals? Is it just for taste? Its not correct to say that non-vegetarian food is more nutritious than vegetarian. Vegetarian food offers a complete diet too. However, many of the diseases in humans including AIDS have their origination form the meat eating habits.

I can understand why people are Vegetarian, there are good arguments in terms of nutrition, financially, environmentally, health wise etc but I just prefer the taste of meat. I don't eat it all the time but I like it too much to go without it for too long.As for the animal cruelty issue, (as naive as it sounds) I never really thought about it much... I never quite linked the meat I ate at the dinner table with cruel animal slaughter methods :)

If you don't like to eat meat then what ever! Other people have all the rights to eat meat. You don't have to act facism!And the thing you people said about the "we don't need animals, we can get all we need from plants". Its just a lie and you know it, there was a test where 16 veggies where put to eat meat for 6 weeks and the test showed that their physical performance was 21 % better in the end of 6 weeks. HAH! The brain mass of human kind has increased because of meat, admit it; meat is a better way of getting your protein AND iron and other nutrients than vegetables. Now the veggies want to stop the evolution of human kind? come on guys?? the growing process is faster when you eat meat, some vegetables that contain a lot of protein like beans are slower to digest. Thats all I had to say.