xisto Community
Liam_CF

Vegetarianism Vegetarian, Nature Food, arguments for eating meat

Lol we are still going with this. Thats too bad you think people who eat meat is wrong. I think if you only need veggies your wrong. You are wasting alot of good meat that gets thrown out because it goes off. If you feel so strongly about it you must feel disgusted about hearing and seeing people eat meat everyday. Hearing about veggies saying meat eaters is wrong does annoy me a ilttle but its not everyday I will hear it so It dosent bother me that much. I would hate to be you because I know for a fact there will always be people who eat meat and you cannot change them all. Hell if I felt so strongly about not eating meat I would probably be doing what you are doing lol. Trying to make people see it my way. try to change them.I'm so glad I am a meat eater.

Lol we are still going with this. Thats too bad you think people who eat meat is wrong. I think if you only need veggies your wrong. You are wasting alot of good meat that gets thrown out because it goes off. If you feel so strongly about it you must feel disgusted about hearing and seeing people eat meat everyday. Hearing about veggies saying meat eaters is wrong does annoy me a ilttle but its not everyday I will hear it so It dosent bother me that much. I would hate to be you because I know for a fact there will always be people who eat meat and you cannot change them all. Hell if I felt so strongly about not eating meat I would probably be doing what you are doing lol. Trying to make people see it my way. try to change them.
I'm so glad I am a meat eater.

Yes, this is a great proactive way to get vegetarians to like meat eaters.... :rolleyes:

Taste is an opinion, and thus has no place in a debate.
Furthermore, I don't know anybody who says "all vegetarians are thin and pasty", simply because there are many vegetables which provide the nutrients needed to maintin an average body weight. Vegans are far more likely to be "thin and pasty" than vegetarians.

Whether or not the vegetable counter-parts of meat dishes are more healthy (which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, in the way you stated it at least) isn't that important.

If something is an opinion shared by a majority of people (which it is, from the reasearch I have conducted :rolleyes:) then I believe it has a place in a debate.

I have heard multiple times that vegetarians are thin and pasty, and people are genuinely shocked when they find out I'm a vegetarian. One response I remember is 'but I can't see your bones under your skin!'

I didn't mean that it is healthier, I meant that it has much less calories.

Lol we are still going with this. Thats too bad you think people who eat meat is wrong. I think if you only need veggies your wrong. You are wasting alot of good meat that gets thrown out because it goes off. If you feel so strongly about it you must feel disgusted about hearing and seeing people eat meat everyday. Hearing about veggies saying meat eaters is wrong does annoy me a ilttle but its not everyday I will hear it so It dosent bother me that much. I would hate to be you because I know for a fact there will always be people who eat meat and you cannot change them all. Hell if I felt so strongly about not eating meat I would probably be doing what you are doing lol. Trying to make people see it my way. try to change them.
I'm so glad I am a meat eater.

Would you care to back up any facts you make with evidence please.

Everyone respects your opinion, but if you want to try and change someone else's opinion then it will take a lot more than that. You can't live in ignorance of the facts forever. Would you care to explain why exactly you eat meat and why you are not vegetarian?

Would you care to back up any facts you make with evidence please.
Everyone respects your opinion, but if you want to try and change someone else's opinion then it will take a lot more than that. You can't live in ignorance of the facts forever. Would you care to explain why exactly you eat meat and why you are not vegetarian?

I eat meat because I find it to be quite delicious. The same reason I eat vegetables or any other food group.

I eat meat because its food. If it wasnt good for me I wouldnt eat it.

What? None of that made any sense whatsoever.

Eating meat because it's food is a terrible reason, and I don't understand why you would eat anything "because it's food". If it wasn't good for you, you wouldn't eat it? You have no idea how more or less nutrional meat is than a vegetable diet. You aren't a dietician, so saying that is absurd.

I eat meat because its food.. whats wrong with that? Sometimes people dont have a choice and meat is food.Im saying its kept me alive this far so yeah I'll continue to eat it. I dont need to be an expert to know what food is good for me and what isnt. I just eat it and let my tummy do the rest.

What? Are you kidding me?Eating meat because it's food, and eating meat because it's the only thing available are two very different things.Yes, you do need to be an expert to know what food is good for you and what isn't. "Doesn't make me throw up" doesn't determine the nutritional value of a meal.

After feeding yourself for so many years I dont think you need an expert to tell you what to eat and what not to eat. Again this is just our different opinions on things. I think I can decide for myself thanks.I eat some form of meat everyday all kinds depends whats available. To me eating only veggies wont do as I dont consider them full meals alone. You see where I'm coming from by saying I eat meat because its food? If you dont get it its ok.

After feeding yourself for so many years I dont think you need an expert to tell you what to eat and what not to eat. Again this is just our different opinions on things. I think I can decide for myself thanks.
I eat some form of meat everyday all kinds depends whats available. To me eating only veggies wont do as I dont consider them full meals alone. You see where I'm coming from by saying I eat meat because its food? If you dont get it its ok.

I fully understand you, but I'm telling you that your reasoning is ridiculous.

You can feed yourself for 50 years, that doesn't make you a dietitian.
Edited by Above The Rest (see edit history)

I eat meat because I find it to be quite delicious. The same reason I eat vegetables or any other food group.

Nothing on your conscience for eating it?

I don't mind if there's not, I'm just wondering.

I eat meat because its food. If it wasnt good for me I wouldnt eat it.

I'm sure there are some foods that you don't eat.

I wouldnt eat something if I saw someone spit in it, it's the same with meat for me. I know what's happened to it before it reached me, so I don't approve of someone spitting in it and I won't eat it.

After feeding yourself for so many years I dont think you need an expert to tell you what to eat and what not to eat. Again this is just our different opinions on things. I think I can decide for myself thanks.
I eat some form of meat everyday all kinds depends whats available. To me eating only veggies wont do as I dont consider them full meals alone. You see where I'm coming from by saying I eat meat because its food? If you dont get it its ok.

I don't eat 'only veggies'. I don't eat any meat. They're two separate things.

I've never ate a plate of say... carrots with a side helping of broccoli and potatoes. Each meal I have is something like a veggie fillet with carrots and broccoli or pizza, chips and beans.

Its true you cant trust where your food comes from if you didnt grow / raise it yourself. It dosent bother me so much if it looks clean I'll eat it. Hell I was so hungry one time I droped my food on the ground, I picked it up and blew the dirt off it and ate it. You cant be 100% clean with food, some people have weak stomach and would probably get sick but I didnt. Think someone spit on it give it a good wash.