xisto Community
MartyMartin

Credits How do credits work?

You get a certain number of credits per post, determined by how long the post is and how well it's written. Some areas of the forum don't give out credits (take a look at the main forum page to see which ones) but most of them will give you credits. Once you have got 10 credits you can apply for the basic package. If you wait and earn 30 credits you can apply for the better package.

Once you are hosted your credits are reset to around two. From then on your credits represent how many days of hosting you have. You lose one credit each day (0.04 per hour). If you drop below 0 then your hosting is suspended until you get up to 4 again. This means that you need to keep coming back and posting regularly to make sure you keep up your credits.

There is more information in the Xisto Readme. Or, if you want the basics quickly, there are some Flash tutorials available to guide you through.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Correct, however, silver if you want to put all those credits to good use I earn 280 and in that way you will be able to get hosting and a top level domain such as .com, .net, and .org. I would highly recommend it silver because that is a lot of credits to lose. Based on your reaction I take it you didn't read the Xisto Read Me which explains this lost. As for the question at hand rval is correct on how the credits work.

I would recommend reading the following topics on the credit system.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6147-posting-activity-rule-automated-hosting-script-know-about-how-this-system-works/
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8717-fair-warning-is-given-to-all-hosted-members/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

These three topics pretty much explain everything you need to know about how the credit work and how to gain the most out of them when posting here on Xisto.

Your credits are reset to 2????You mean now that I have 140 credits I will loose them all when I get hosted??

Unfortunately, yes. It is pointed out around the forum but a few people seem to miss it. However, as Saint_Michael said, if you earn 280 you can request a free top level domain (.com, .org, .net or .info). Just click here and read through the information and instructions. That way you will have put your credits to good use, and will still have 30 left to apply for hosting.

if you want to put all those credits to good use I earn 280 and in that way you will be able to get hosting and a top level domain such as .com, .net, and .org.

Unfortunately, unless they recently changed it, you need to be hosted first before spending the 280 to get the domain :rolleyes: Which means no matter what you do, you are going to lose all of your credits silver. ;)

Unfortunately, unless they recently changed it, you need to be hosted first before spending the 280 to get the domain :rolleyes: Which means no matter what you do, you are going to lose all of your credits silver. ;)

Yes I do believe you need to get hosting first. Or lots of people here would have gotten free domains. I remembered that posting for credits before getting hosted wasn't as hard as accumulating credits after getting hosted. I accumulated 90 within a few days before I requested for hosting.

Otherwise I hate to lament about what a good offer I missed out on.

To save those credits, what you could do is register another account, and donate all your hosting credits to that account(Except 30, or 10 depending on what hosting package you want), then apply for a hosting package. Once you are hosted, you can just log in with you other account and donate your credits back to your hosted account. Someone mysteriously donated 60 credits to me.... i have no idea why. But that is how you can save your credits.

To save those credits, what you could do is register another account, and donate all your hosting credits to that account(Except 30, or 10 depending on what hosting package you want), then apply for a hosting package. Once you are hosted, you can just log in with you other account and donate your credits back to your hosted account. Someone mysteriously donated 60 credits to me.... i have no idea why. But that is how you can save your credits.

That won't work since Transfers of Credits can only be arranged between already Hosted members.

Correct, however, silver if you want to put all those credits to good use I earn 280 and in that way you will be able to get hosting and a top level domain such as .com, .net, and .org. I would highly recommend it silver because that is a lot of credits to lose. Based on your reaction I take it you didn't read the Xisto Read Me which explains this lost. As for the question at hand rval is correct on how the credits work.
I would recommend reading the following topics on the credit system.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6147-posting-activity-rule-automated-hosting-script-know-about-how-this-system-works/
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8717-fair-warning-is-given-to-all-hosted-members/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

These three topics pretty much explain everything you need to know about how the credit work and how to gain the most out of them when posting here on Xisto.

if i read it right a while back(it may have changed???) you need hosting before you can apply for your so-called "Free" top level domain. a non hosted member will always recieve more credits per post than a hosted member. i believe the objective was to have the users put a little more effort in getting their domain :rolleyes: and keeping their hosting active.

the credits used for hosting is a better deal than the domain in my opinion since the hosting with no ads is equivilant to about $50 worth of hosting for 30+365 credits where the domain is only worth $10 for 250 credits

so for the credits, which you get about 1 credit per 3-4 lines of post, it's worth it to post for hosting. but the domain should just be a bonues if you ever reach 280 credits. from what i understand, the domain is a reward for hosted members in good standing that post regularly.

so for the person that is worrying about losing 140-30=110 credits, yea, it's a loss bud unless you work out a deal. with buffalo help or opaque. but i doubt you'll be able to unless your posts were exceptional. you get more credits for a non hosted account so it would be unfair to others who had t work harder for their credits as hosted members.

MY question is why is there two different credit systems for hosted and non hosted members? uneless it's just to get people hosted quicker, i was always curious about that.