xisto Community
mojoman

Have Sex, Win A Fridge

A good idea to boost the population if the trend is going down, but for countries that are already overpopulated (eg some in Asia, and parts of large mass countries eg LA in the USA), it could be an issue. But yes, at the same time it should really encourage that you should have a baby when only you feel that it is the "right" time to do so, and not rush into things. This would also have to be talked over with couples, considering some couple could run into differences when faced with a scenario like this.

i heard this before. some of the country in Asia (i will not mention the name) also provide incentive to those who have childrens more than 5. i guess they want to boost the populatian so that they will be enough workers in industries and avoid taking immigrants as a worker.

As sad as it is it has to be done; such is the world that we live in. Why? Because the birth rate in 1st world countries are down, way down. Couples are delaying childbearing until their late 30s, even their 40s, putting their career and lifestyle before family. That's not to say everyone does it for those reasons, but it is a tragedy none the less. I heard it said somewhere that "today's culture" emphasizes qualitites opposed to being a mother/father; is that a cause? Probably not.I don't understand why "Russians are crazy" keeps being repeated in this thread. Yeah, it happened in Russia but the US and Canada are probably only a few steps behind. The advantage that the North America has is our high influx of immigrants. Yes, immigrants. Those people that are accused of draining federal resources are bringing their families; bringing their kids, and supplementing the needed youth into our system.But I digress...I agree that the situation presented requires some restrictions to safeguard against abuse. My first idea was to limit the rewards to married couples with documentation. This would however wrongfully discriminate against unmarried and otherwise fully capable couples. Short of making the incentives less appealing there doesn't seem to be a plausible limitation. Any ideas?

Both good and bad.... Some may really do what they have to...But it may create some materialistic attitude towards getting a baby.Possibility of getting things done in a hurry for the want of prizes...Rather the government can give offers in other things for babies. that will reduce the burden on parents.What is this scheme is introduced in India and China??The world will drown, economy in these countries will go down and there will be no place to stand.We have to start civilization in the moon and look for mars for our next generation...

Have sex, win a prizeI honestly dont know how many people would turn the chance downYou're being given stuff to enjoy one of life's greatest pleasurescant get any better than thatAlthough it does say you have to give birth 9 months laterEven more incentive for you to procreate more than once

I think this is a great idea and all countries, which experience natality problems, should practice something like that. The biggest problem is that we only know punishments, which are represented by the law. Why not give awards, prices if people behave good?? Maybe this is the solution to put youngsters under control, because punishment itself is something that one tries to go against! But if you offer some sort of reward, people automaticly want to compete and win it..it is in out competitive nature to try and win BUT it is also in our nature to compete against the system which tries to punish us and this is why laws are not so effective on certain fields. However, we should not forget that laws are also important when it comes to murders and stuff like that...Middle way between punishment and rewards maybe?

Brillant idea. More countries should do this. Without doubt they should do this. All I can see are benefits. International Sex Day should erect! This would be a brillant tourist attraction and brillant for the ecomany. More kids, more workers!

It's really funny but for everyone who thinks its bad I don't see anything wrong with it. There is a demographic crisis according to them and having a child does not hurt the country. They aren't forcing people to have children it is a choice. So as far as I'm concerned it isn't a problem.

Not a bad idea, yet I'm not against it either. Would be very ideal for countries which have a swindling population for reasons other than war. For example, like those in a recession.

hahahahahahahahah who eva come up with that clearly has a few issues but its a cool idea not saying that i would participate but stil cool :)

wow i have to admit the headline caught my attention, Have sex win a refrigerator. But wow i was in shock when i read. That is to funny, I cant believe that a goverment would actually do that. I hope our country would never do somthing like that. I mean sure it would be nice to win smething for hving sex but that is just wrong... rotflmao :)

well I think thats a great idea of wining such cool things and that also for doing such a simple task,but it must available for singles as well and not only for couples.But the only problem then would be of finding a girl who is single or may be even married.Whatever,the russians are really crazy.I myself has first time came across such an incidence :)