xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Who Is Your Isp

Years and years ago I had America Online (shudders!), but thankfully now I'm with Verizon. I can't say they're the best (Roadrunner and cable in general is much faster than Verizon's DSL), but their customer service has been very helpful whenever I've encountered a problem (only happened a couple of times) and they don't do some of the things other ISPs do like limiting bandwidth and blocking specific sites. So overall, they're pretty good.

Right now we're stuck with DSL with Union Communications, a branch off of WorldPath. Uploads and downloads are decent, but not that great for gaming.For normal Internet usage, it's great until it storms. :)

I'm with BigPond ADSL, AUS (The worst ISP I've ever been with) because my telephone lines are owned by Telstra so I have to use BigPond.When I move (i around 2-3 months) I'll be either using Internode's ADSL service since ULs are not counted, but if I get Foxtel's service I'll be using BigPond Cable.My Old ISP was Slingshot, NZ one of the best, although technical service calls can last up to 2 hours! Its my currently 'best' ISP since you can buy data blocks (3GB, 10GB, 25GB, 50GB) if your data allowance runs out.

Westnet ADSL. 512kpbs. Havent moved up to ADSL2 yet despite living on the Queensland coast, but from my end we are middle class working trying to earn a living.Before that we were with Access One, Ozemail and OzForces.. which all ironically were swallowed up by bigger ISPs such as Iinet, Internode and the like.

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

Liulin-net, it is named of the mountain near my region. Founded in quarter Liulin, Sofia. I think they are precise, their Internet is not usualy to be offline. I have my friend with the ISP BG-Mrezha. In every single storm, his Internet goes down :)They use cheap wire-boxes, and air-placed wires, so it is usual every nature change to cause imfunctionallity in their net :P

Edited by ZaM0 (see edit history)

My ISP is Cabovisao (Cable) before I used Netcabo (Cable) and Sapo (ADSL) - Portugal.The one I liked most Cabovisao, it was my first ISP but when I moved it wasn?t available in my area, now it is so I changed back to them.

Well, currently I live at a university, so it's kind of hard to tell you the answer to that question. What I can tell you, though, is that the internet service provider that I do have back home is Comcast. It has been pretty reliable so far, and I personally have nothing to complain about as of now, despite all of the controversial stories that I have heard about the company...