xisto Community
chaosdesign

Lazy Posters My Vent for comments for Lazy forum posters

Well here is my Vent.

Anything said in this vent, can't be used against me in any other thread, this is my opinion and f you don't like it don't read it.

Actually thats what this Vent is about, I can't believe the number of members that Post replies to topics that they haven't read, They read so much then reply, And what they had posted in their reply was explained in a link on the first post.

If people want to dis Peoples post's then go and read up on what is been talked about, then you will have a stronger case when you oppose their post.

As for me, if im interested in a post, and it has links i visit the links, then make a comment for or against, i don't just make a comment from only reading the first post.

Ahh i feel better now

Well it's not just here. It happens in lots of forums.There was one webhosting forum that I'm a member of. It has a forum for people to state their hosting requirements and request free hosting and companies offering free hosting can make their offers. And many of these companies never ever read the first post. They just copy and paste their advertisements to every single thread, even if the requestor's requirements are not met by their offers. There was one guy who requested adult hosting in his first post and some stupid company copied and pasted his advertisement below, asking him to accept their offer. Another poster came along and pointed out the no adult material rule in the company's TOS. So either the company doesn't even know its TOS, or it was just advertising blindly. Either way it reflects on its unprofessionalism.So folks, always read the first post before replying!

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

You are right. I always see people replying to a post without even taking their time to read through what the post was all about. WHy would you go replying to something someone said if you dont even know what he was talking about. I dont know if there is any way to address this, but I would suggest that it should be looked into.

Things like this happen on every forum I've ever posted in haha.i don't think there's any real way to adress it, you can't FORCE people to read posts, unfortunately.It's a particular problem with alot of RPG forums, where you really do have to read EVERY SINGLE post to make sure it' okay for you to enter, it doesn't work with just reading the first few posts and "skimming" the rest.

Yeah, there was a topic about this a while back, and it does kinda annoy me. I mean, I always read the original post, skim the rest, and read the latest few before posting just to make sure I'm not just reiterating something or saying something off-topic. I mean, there's some of that here, but most people are actually pretty good it seems, and, chaosdesign, I don't think there should be any reason for someone to be angry at you for posting about this, because you're perfectly right.

I agree that people need to start reading up on the post before they actually start posting. I know a lot of people who actually just read the title of the subject and base their opinions and ideas soley on that. Yes, it doesn't exactly fit what the real topic might be about but people do it anyway. I know some people actually just wanted to have a high post count, don't ask me why but they do. But is the purpose of a high post count if what you type in your posts have no meaning?

I don't think there should be any reason for someone to be angry at you for posting about this, because you're perfectly right.

There really isn't any reason but then again a lot of people get mad for no reasons huh? haha. I'm not mad at you and I hope your vent about people not reading posts changes how some people start posting! The worst of them has to be when people state "no spoilers" but the very next post you see a big fat spoiler! xD! This forum I feel is the best on posting on topic, and not restating unless another person is being quoted or backed up. Cross your fingers and hope the "skim" posters change!

-Jester

I remember during the early days of trap and the credit system as most new members would be posting code and news articles to score large sums of credits with little to no effort. Of course now most members won't do it and it is usually the the new ones who tried to do when getting a hosting account. Of course I use to find it annoying when some members beat a topic to death when you have 20 people posting the same thing. Still see it on some forums that are still going strong to this day.

HAHA lol :) For the most part, member of this forum are great posters.Its just some that get up my nose, but by just posting this thread, i feel much better about the whole thingThanks guys/girls. :P

Well I have to admit that I am one of those psoters that only reads the first post, and the reason why is because I want to make my opinion based off the first post. Regardless of what others have said in other post abpove mine. I do at times read what the others have said, but not always.So be mad at me as I am one that does this.

Well I have to admit that I am one of those psoters that only reads the first post, and the reason why is because I want to make my opinion based off the first post. Regardless of what others have said in other post abpove mine.

I do at times read what the others have said, but not always.

So be mad at me as I am one that does this.

Same here,

I only read replies when they jump out or have something in them I agree or strongly disagree too.

Only with a few topics its for me worth the efford to read all the replies.

I am not lazy, am just picky at what I read.

DUDE, I'VE NOTICED THIS TOO!!!!!!!it is SO annoying, are people THAT thick these days like CLICK THE BLOODY LINK!!!! GOD or even some times it is even there in the actual post. that is why rather then send a link, i put it in quotes

I tend to consider myself pretty lazy. Not to the point that the OP stated where I don't read what's in the thread and just post. I don't look at the title and try to fill up my credits. I always try to read what the others have to say and yea I click on the links to go to the pages. Would I be doing all of this if I didn't want to save my hosted site (which I am not even using btw.....i'm so busy).....probably not. But it can get annoying when guys say the same thing thats already been posted just because they haven't read the rest of the thread.

Same here,

I only read replies when they jump out or have something in them I agree or strongly disagree too.

Only with a few topics its for me worth the efford to read all the replies.

I am not lazy, am just picky at what I read.

Thats exactly ow I feel, Were not Lazy just picky on what we chose to comment back on.