xisto Community
BoSZ

do you consider switching to linux?

do you consider switching to linux?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I most likely install Linux on my next computer, in addition to Windows. I wouldn't call it 'switching' because I would still be using Windows for games and stuff. I definately want to familiarize myself with Linux, because more and more people seem to be using it nowadays, since there are so many different distros.EDIT: Oh, well, I guess I won't be. My wireless router is ONLY compatible with Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Stupid Microsoft monopoly :lol:.

People will probably start making virus's for linux.

That?s a good joke. Maybe it is true, but there will be some oher people that will fix holes, like they do every day. Any hole for linux is fixed in a month but if windows is the man, thaen you will have to wait years and years :lol:

I am a proud Linux user. I hate Windows in all aspects except for compatibility to other software. My Registered Linux Number is 362616. It is the number that I carry to show that it's no prob. to run Linux and that I'm proud to use Linux.I rather have my Registered Linux Number than My Windows Serial Number.Anyways, for newbs, NEVER USE MANDRAKE! IT'S FOR MORE EXPERIENCED PEOPLE! Newbs should use SuSE or Fedora Core. They are built for mainstream users. It works best.If you are still stuck to Windows Apps like glue, you should try WINE (https://www.winehq.org/), it's free! For gamers, try WINEX or it's new name Cedega (transgaming.com). Although it's for games, you need to pay $40 USD. (better than running Windows, $300 CAD)Here's some facts:Hotmail's interior system (inbox and mail service servers) uses Linux.Rumors says that Bill Gates uses Linux instead of Windows.xboxrulz

I agree with you, I love Linux, hate Windows, but think Mandrake is for biginners :P

all of us need whether againts or for linux have to admit one thing

LINUX IS THE FUTURE WINDOWS IS STILL GOOD BUT LINUX HAS OUTGROWN IT LIKE A YEAR AGO AND IST JUST STARTING TO ACCELERATE

Well, you can get linux and Windows together on one computer, you can use linux whwn others doesn?t need share

Well, let me do that. If yau are sick of bugs, viruses, crashing... you are linux lover, thrust me :D

I absolutely hate all Microsoft OS, except possible XP Pro, so when I get a comp, (Right now I have a Pent II 233, 64mb_, it will be with linspire or Xp Pro, but hopefully Linspire beause of the great value. At the moment I am using ME edition of Windows and that is too user friendly.

I agree with err... I dont run a network or server at home.. so theres no need for linux.. windows is good enough with user friendly and compatibility with almost anything eheh :(

I tried to install RedHat Linux once and spoiled my Windows! I had to reformat my harddrive, with backup of course, but it made me lose some money!Since I have a licenced XP and have installed SP2, Linux can wait.Googlue!

I don't see myself switching to Linux for the foreseeable future, as all my work are done using Mac and Windows. There are so few apps that run on Linux I don't see any practical value in it for me. Besides you have to learn the OS from scratch again and time is a very expensive commodity to invest in such an unpractical endeavor.

Thats true!
There are more apps on linux than before. But not enough. Linux and some apps on it are free as we know, I think thats value for the soft engineer, not for us.
I hava had two OS installed on my pc, but use the linux seldom.