xisto Community
velma

Introducing Trap Feedbacker

TRAP FEEDBACKER UPDATE: (by OpaQue)

I just finished coding another minor update for the feedbacker. Xisto Feedbacker now allows members to REPLY to individual posts. The Feedback will include the LINK to the post which was Replied by Guests. The next feature I have in mind is alerting the member whose post is replied.

Hello,
Today OpaQue made a change to both Xisto and Xisto forums by allowing non members to post their comments without becoming members.

Whenever a non-member ( Guest) posts a comment it reaches our support email where technicians screen through the comments and post the good quality posts under the name Trap FeedBacker.

This Account is used by OpaQue and I so there is no scope of anyone cheating or anything :P . This account is not eligible for Web Hosting as the posts are not original. A note to the moderators, posts in this account might be spammish as some of the views are only one liners but none the less important :P

I hope members appreciate this idea and help encourage the idea. The one thing I hope for is that the guests would get tempted and become members here :D

Velma

This topic was first posted on Asta and now here...

cool it would be good for trap 17 to get some outsider reviews and thoughts but i don't see why they don't just make a user? it takes 5 seconds flat. but hey maybe they don't have 5 seconds! lol!!:P

Well in many cases the guests are either just browsing and do not feel like signing up or they just wish to leave an anonymous comment....Some of them use the internet once a month or something so they hardly keep their stuff :P

Hmmm interesting idea, now my question is where would someone go to do this. From the sounds of it it seems someone just has to leave in a comment on Trap Feedbacker's profile and thats it, or is it set up in the way that when a guest post it remains invisible, like tutorials are before they get approve, then it gets posted?

cool it would be good for trap 17 to get some outsider reviews and thoughts but i don't see why they don't just make a user? it takes 5 seconds flat. but hey maybe they don't have 5 seconds! lol!!:P

Many times I'm browsing the internet and see a forum where I want to add a quick comment but don't want to give that forum my email address or really be bothered by them ever again, just wanted to be heard, and in that case, this is a GREAT idea!

Yes, this a nice feature to add! I'm sometimes on non-forum sites also and don't want to register if I'm only going to make one comment or vote, so this is a great idea just like alex said! :D I have yet to see a Comment on here by a Guest though. :P

Hello,

Was sick for a bit so I could not reply to this earlier :) Anyway

Hmmm interesting idea, now my question is where would someone go to do this. From the sounds of it it seems someone just has to leave in a comment on Trap Feedbacker's profile and thats it, or is it set up in the way that when a guest post it remains invisible, like tutorials are before they get approve, then it gets posted?

Actually a person who is browsing through our forums is usually not allowed to post so OpaQue has left a comments section for a guest to post his views.

When he submits his view, it is sent to our support email address where I moderate them and then post it under Xisto Feed Backer's account. OpaQue is working on a way to make the posts appear invisible under the user's account so that the moderators can then approve the quality posts and unapprove the spam posts....

Aah ok that makes sense **slaps head**, so wouldn't setting up a comments section in forum be a good idea as well that the good ones can be seen while the others get deleted?

Nice .But couldn't you just make a new category and add a forum there and make it available for guest to post in that forum? That woul be much easier but then you couldn't screen it and illegal content can be added so it is kind of a good idea.Good Luck

I think it's a really cool idea. And only a good free hosting that trusts in what offers, would let people from outside the hosting to publically speak about the advantages and disadvantages of the service.

TRAP FEEDBACKER UPDATE:I just finished coding another minor update for the feedbacker. Xisto Feedbacker now allows members to REPLY to individual posts. The Feedback will include the LINK to the post which was Replied by Guests. The next feature I have in mind is alerting the member whose post is replied.-Edited the Topic Starter Post-