xisto Community
faund

My Colleague's Notebook Exploded with pictures

At noon of someday, my colleague's notebook exploded. I think it is the batteries exactly which is exploded.

A big sound for exploded at the beggining then much smoke and fire, we cut off the power immediately, and someone else use a fire extinguisher.

It is a good luck that when it's exploded my colleague is not nearby the notebook, or he must have been wounded.

The exploded batteries is changed when the maker recalls it. But the new batteries exploded still.

I am use the same type of Dell, so I get down the batteries when I use it with power line.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Didn't Dell recall thousands of batteries made by Sony few months ago? I guess the recall didn't reach your country in time. What if the replacement battery was also recalled :P I'm glad that no one got hurt.I've always practiced to unhook my battery when working off of the power cord. Not only it saves my battery from constant discharging and recharging, it seems like it prolongs the life of the original battery itself.

I've always practiced to unhook my battery when working off of the power cord. Not only it saves my battery from constant discharging and recharging, it seems like it prolongs the life of the original battery itself.

Absolutely so. I have no clue as to how it works for laptops, but I have experienced it with my cell phone, since then I only charge it when the battery is only dead, and it seems to "hold" more energy for longger time.

That's scary! I will never attempt to overwork my notebook ever again. My friend's PC fused too, but it was just the inside of the CPU that went pop. Didn't go up in flames or anything.The person who sold me my notebook told me that when I use the powerpoint for my notebook, I should remove the batteries so that they will not overcharge. I guess batteries get overheated easily if you keep charging them when they are full.

This pictures are pretty cool. I've never seen a laptop or any kind of computer do that before. Just think if you wern't there at the time, it could have burnt the whole building down. You will get a full refund right? These faulty computers(if this is what it is) must have cost the company a fortune. Its a good thing no one was hurt, and it looks like you guys were having fun anyway.

This pictures are pretty cool. I've never seen a laptop or any kind of computer do that before. Just think if you wern't there at the time, it could have burnt the whole building down.

Yes, I don't know what will Dell do if the building be burnt.

Didn't Dell recall thousands of batteries made by Sony few months ago? I guess the recall didn't reach your country in time. What if the replacement battery was also recalled xd.gif I'm glad that no one got hurt.

The batteries have been recalled and replaced already. But thing's happened like this, it seems that replaced batteries is not work well too.

HA HA HA HA!!! I am so sorry to be laughing but you have to admit those pics do look hilarious...But It is very lucky that nothing else burnt along with that... I mean looking at your desk, there were a lot of things that could have been destroyed...What is your colleague gonna do now?? A refund, complaint or just buy a new laptop

Wow.. Seriously I didn't remove my batteries when I have my powerpoint on. I always leave it there, and it's been working with me for like more than 1 year already. Well, any reason for me to keep my battery in place is because if you unfortunately, you experience a blackout when you are working so hard on a project that is due tomorrow and you forgot to save. ZOMG and you are screwed. Or someone accidental off your plug or trip over the wires, there goes your lappy and constant illegal shutdown on the computer would not do any good to your laptop. Personally I believe that Dell laptop is definitely not recommended, they spoils easily(experience from my friends around me) and many news abt it exploding. I heard of what Dell computers are made of, but I do not want to comment on it here. However, I would recommend Dell's Desktop computers only, since they are very durable on desktop and you can leave them on 24/7. :P

Dang poorly manufactured nickel-cadium batteries. It seems that there were a lot of defective batteries a little while ago with laptops exploding left and right, but it's quelled down now and it seems that whatever caused the explosions has been fixed, though macbooks are still touted as getting really hot at times.People theorise it's because the laptops were left on without completely shutting the screen, keeping it on, and allowing a pocket of heat to develop and cause the battery to explode. I don't know the validity of that claim, but it really is nuts that these things can explode regaurdless of the reason (besides lighting it on fire purposefully).

I also have a DELL laptop but i checked on dell support site if my battery is ok or if i should replace it. The serial number was OK so I hope nothing like this could happen to me. I feel sorry for the guy, because he probably lost all his data - i just hope he had everything backed up and that he gets a refund from DELL!!!Best whishes

Same here when I found about the recall I check to see if my battery was good, and it was. However, I did notice one thing and that was the way the computer was position and I have to say that is a big no no as that will put some serious strain on a person wrists.

When the first Dell laptop exploded and they made the recall I thought our family was in trouble. There were at least five Dell laptops in our possession at the time and a lot of them were having overheating problems so I figured we were in trouble. Luckily none of ours had to be recalled, hopefully they won't have future problems. I would talk to Dell about that and see if you can get a new laptop free, or your friend. Those are some pretty funny pictures though, luckily you guys weren't hurt severely or anything. I would like to have seen the thing blow up.

wow, talk about scary. Good thing he wasn't using it on his lap, that might have hurt. I hope he gets some good compensation for that, there is no way that could be user abuse. That would be a great story though. "So how'd you lose your last laptop?" - "It exploded" - "WHAT?!", haha, awesome