xisto Community
HoRuS

My Password changed?

It would be a lot faster to set up a new password then to recover it, because thos passwords are encrypted and so it will take even long to decrypt them and send to you. 10 credits is that hard to get as you can get that in 5-6 posts, and so it is a reasonable price then having to delete your account, reapplying and losing more credits in the long run.For Firefox users just because you save your password on the firefox it won't stay there, if you delete your cookies or after a certain amount of time (usually 2 weeks) it will require you to type it in again to verify its still you on the same computer, as I have done this plenty of times for my email, and accessing my Xisto account.Although I haven't been on that much for awhile I would say there could have been some down time, but that is only a guess for the FTP problems. Also don't memorize your passwords because you can usually make mistakes when typing them, thats why its good to have them around somewhere, or if your memory is good make sure to type your password slowly so not to make any mistakes with it.

I started encountering this same problem 11 hours back. I PMed BuffaloHELP with some details, including the error number and all. Buffalo, would this issue be solved easily and quite early? 'cause if it's gonna take time then I should just get my password changed.

man i'm also having the same problem i've tried the / cpanel and the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ yet it's still not working. i tried the FTP which has my login info memorized and still not working and since a lot of people are having the same problem i dont think it's me forgeting my pass. and has anyone tried reseting their pass using ten credits how did that work out.

It would be a lot faster to set up a new password then to recover it, because thos passwords are encrypted and so it will take even long to decrypt them and send to you. 10 credits is that hard to get as you can get that in 5-6 posts, and so it is a reasonable price then having to delete your account, reapplying and losing more credits in the long run.
For Firefox users just because you save your password on the firefox it won't stay there, if you delete your cookies or after a certain amount of time (usually 2 weeks) it will require you to type it in again to verify its still you on the same computer, as I have done this plenty of times for my email, and accessing my Xisto account.

Although I haven't been on that much for awhile I would say there could have been some down time, but that is only a guess for the FTP problems. Also don't memorize your passwords because you can usually make mistakes when typing them, thats why its good to have them around somewhere, or if your memory is good make sure to type your password slowly so not to make any mistakes with it.

Saint_Michael, the problem is not "Forgeting the password" or "the need to recover the password". Moreover you can't change the password. Please read the past messages for different complain, suggested solution, attept and failure. The problem now is only in the hand of Xsito to respond.

Just like the other, I can not access my account. I did not forget the password that i have had for over one year. My blog is totally down because it cant connect to the MySQL database. I can not upload any new files through CPanel or FTP. My site is totally down writeable wise. My site is pretty much Read Only other then my blog which is 100% down. I got the Live Help then they said to send a email, so that live help was totally useless and that was almost a day ago. I sent an email about day ago and no one has replied. This isn't some little problem, my entire site is down other then my contact and bio page as well as my home page.Any help would be nice, but im not wasting 10 credits on something that is not my fault.Thanks. Im not mad just a little frustrated :P

I know you all are trying to help, but you are acting like we are fairly uneducated :P If we are ALL having this problem it's not due to a firewall, or a browser problem. Even more so when I can not login through FTP using my Macs built in FTP or Transmit, can't login to CPanel and MySQL isn't logging into the datebase at all.

It is unclear at this time but there are sporadic "loop" for certain members' accounts during proper cpanel authentication. Please submit your issues to https://support.xisto.com/
Be sure to include all your account information such as: cpanel username, hosting URL, server name (gamma) etc.At this point I have no clue to what would be the actual problem since I haven't received any replies as well.

Thanks anyway BuffaloHELP, you did all you could.I think we can work this out, am going to send a ticket as well and post progressions here.

Although it may be unneeded I suppose I should state I am having the same problems and am going to submit a ticket.Please, if any receives a response let us all know of it.

I left my ticket on 21st, and got the response on the same day sending me to the processes part of the website, when I replied back saying that I cannot change my password through that panel I was basicly ignored and still did not get any answers:(

I know how you feel.It sucks not being able to access my Cpanel either.I am positive that I didn't just forget my password either.I have sent in a report ticket and I guess that is all we can do.

Wow, no reply in two days. No blog, no FTP, no CPanel, this web hosting is useless as of the last couple days. I'm going to give them another day or, so but then im moving. I don't know why I don't get a reply here on the forums or an email since i put in a ticket 2 days ago. It's actually almost been 3. Trap 17 has been a great host, but this is not a little problem. My site has been down more then the 99.99% advertised. oh well... I guess we all just sit an wait...or move...

I submitted a ticket just now.Hope I get a reply soon!And do the support tech already know what the problem is for now or they're still searching for that too? I mean the "loop" thing is one but can it be that due to something all the passwords have been changed to something or there's some other problem? 'cause if the problem is already known I don't think fixing it should've taken this much time, and even if it did. They could very well just reply to the other members who posted a ticket before me.

Horus,

it seems like your password was incorrect (the one you gave me to try to log in). I have changed it to something and I pm'ed you.

Once I changed Horus' cpanel password. I was able to access his cpanel.

Since I am going through this topic, if I change your cpanel and works you will be notified. I will change your cpanel to something generic and I'll PM you personally.

sylenzednuke,

I have PM'ed you with a new password. I should work now. I was successful.

For all accounts that I change your cpanel passwords: please login as soon as possible and change it to something you'll remember. Your cPanel can change your password.

Boozker,

I have PMed you with new password. I was successful and hopefully you'll be too. Remember to change your password to something you can remember.

Damen,

I have PMed you with new password. I was successful and I hope you will be too.

abminara,

I have changed your password and PM'ed you about it. Don't forget to change your password under cPanel.

etycto,

Your new password was Pm'ed to you.

Anyone else I have missed, please PM me.

222 252 145 194