xisto Community
HoRuS

My Password changed?

You can reset your password but it will cost 10 credits if you just forgot it. This can be done here, but if you truly didn't forget it, and believe it is Xisto's fault I'd PM Opaque or buffalo help if I were you.

You can reset your password but it will cost 10 credits if you just forgot it.

Oh 10 credits.. that really much for that service..I think it can be for free. Making credits for hosting and for forgotten password is little stupid :D All hosting where I have been had this service for free :P But trap is the best then they must be different :D Nothing in bad :P

So im going to need 10 credits to reset my password? :P well im still shown as hosted so in that case my hosting account couldnt have been restricted for any reasons i guess, and there is no way i could have forgotten it because its the password i use for mostly everything, but when ever i enter my information its still not letting me access the cpanel which has been occurring for 2 days now.. im not sure if its a sever error or someone hacked my password i dont know But i've pm'd Opaque yesterday about the problem i guess he hasnt been on yet..

Any hosting support question must be accompanied with detailed description.For those who are experiencing issues, are you trying to access it through cpanel or FTP. Is FTP connecting fine but just cpanel via web browser?Are you seeing the security alert pop-up message or do you not any more? If you do see a security alert message, are you clicking on YES? If you have typed in username and password, what's the next screen that you're seeing that is described as "error" in this case?Please report back with more details.

Well when i click on the "access your cpanel" option the popup window comes up with the user & password input boxes, then when i type my information and hit ok the window leaves then appears again. Its not showing any error stating that i put in the wrong password or anything.. and when i try to access my account via FTP the status of the username says OK but the password comes up invalid..

Any hosting support question must be accompanied with detailed description.
For those who are experiencing issues, are you trying to access it through cpanel or FTP. Is FTP connecting fine but just cpanel via web browser?

Are you seeing the security alert pop-up message or do you not any more? If you do see a security alert message, are you clicking on YES? If you have typed in username and password, what's the next screen that you're seeing that is described as "error" in this case?

Please report back with more details.

I noticed that ftp not working 2 days ago. Then I tried login to my control Panel it not accpt my password. The detail are as follow:

1. there is security alert with:
- not-trust
- valid certificate
- the name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of site
Then the asked "Do you want to proceed"

2. I answered yes
then the login appeaedr filled with my username/password

3. when click "ok" the login page appear with my id but empty password

4. filling the passport and ok

5. repeat the situation as in (3) and (4) without end

There are times even when entering the correct cpanel username and password on logon screen, you will see another logon screen. This is something I faced in the past and I was able to access it by entering my cpanel username and password again.Although our forum provides a universal cpanel login for your hosting, members are advised to access by typing:your-domain.ext/cpanelAnother reason why the screen can show only the blank white page is that your firewall may be blocking back request. Try accessing your cpanel with firewall disabled and see if you are successful. The reason I asked for FTP method is that when FTP is able to log you in but cpanel could not, this tells me that your browser security setting is interfering with the proper login session. Please enter your-domain.ext as TRUSTED site (under your browser's option) and also try it with your firewall disabled (for the time being).This will eliminate if the whole hosting accounts are affected or just accounts that are trying to access with the firewall guard on.Let me know how you guys are doing.

There are times even when entering the correct cpanel username and password on logon screen, you will see another logon screen. This is something I faced in the past and I was able to access it by entering my cpanel username and password again.
Although our forum provides a universal cpanel login for your hosting, members are advised to access by typing:

your-domain.ext/cpanel

Another reason why the screen can show only the blank white page is that your firewall may be blocking back request. Try accessing your cpanel with firewall disabled and see if you are successful. The reason I asked for FTP method is that when FTP is able to log you in but cpanel could not, this tells me that your browser security setting is interfering with the proper login session. Please enter your-domain.ext as TRUSTED site (under your browser's option) and also try it with your firewall disabled (for the time being).

This will eliminate if the whole hosting accounts are affected or just accounts that are trying to access with the firewall guard on.

Let me know how you guys are doing.

Tried all that, but still nothing.
It keeps asking for username and password on cpanel and FTP, on the link here and my domains cpanel.
Where can i find certificates in Firefox?

There are times even when entering the correct cpanel username and password on logon screen, you will see another logon screen. This is something I faced in the past and I was able to access it by entering my cpanel username and password again.
Although our forum provides a universal cpanel login for your hosting, members are advised to access by typing:

your-domain.ext/cpanel

Another reason why the screen can show only the blank white page is that your firewall may be blocking back request. Try accessing your cpanel with firewall disabled and see if you are successful. The reason I asked for FTP method is that when FTP is able to log you in but cpanel could not, this tells me that your browser security setting is interfering with the proper login session. Please enter your-domain.ext as TRUSTED site (under your browser's option) and also try it with your firewall disabled (for the time being).

This will eliminate if the whole hosting accounts are affected or just accounts that are trying to access with the firewall guard on.

Let me know how you guys are doing.

The same situation in case of ftp or c/panel without firewall or security.

Okay... Yesterday I added a page and decided to put a link to it on the main page by editing the page on my computer and uploading it to the website. When I went to the cpanel the way I usually do ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) I got the popup login. One thing that I consider strange is that the password field was empty, though, the option was to remember it (which it did for a week, or so). Thus I typed in my password - and the popup came again. I did it again and again, and in the very end I was redirected to a screen with "Login Attempt Failed!" and login and password fields below.

P. S. No, I do not run firewall.

Anyone here?Guys, I realize that you are incredibly busy, but could you answer some questions?What is going to happen?Is there any hope that our passwords will be recovered?Is it easier (faster) to change them for 10 credits?If they will be restored - how much time will it take?Thank you. I really need access to the cpanel the sooner the better.

abminara,

Please visit https://support.xisto.com/ and submit your own ticket. By entering or registering with your own information you can track your progress/reply.

I have tried to help Horus' situation but at my end I have done all I could. But seems like it did not resolve. Please submit to server tech and perhaps they might be able to assist you better.

Thank you.