xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mabhishekjhawar

Suggest Diet For Diabetic Suggestion needed

Hey people, Please suggest me a diest for a diabetic patient . I dont eat Non-veg foods so please gimme soe reccipes which are Indian and also vegetarian. And dont reply saying dont have sugar,i know , that i can browse the net to get the recipe , but lately i tries all those, and still i dont find a recipe tat strike my taste buds.One more thing is Omlette Diabetics ?

Anything low in PURE Carbs is good. Avoid potato and rice. They are energy Packs. In your case, Fats are good. As they will be stored directly stored in your system and would be converted when required.

Anything low in PURE Carbs is good. Avoid potato and rice. They are energy Packs. In your case, Fats are good. As they will be stored directly stored in your system and would be converted when required.

fats , ???

dont you think that fats will incease the chances of heart diesease .,and more over fats foods will cause even more cholestrol,

Hey I will try to give a solution for this , It is important to include a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet. Most western countries have a wide range of fruit and vegetables available at any time of the year. Sugars and fats should be eaten sparingly. It may seem difficult to cut down on sugars and fats at first, but by changing the habit you will soon get used to your new way of eating. Stop using sugar in coffee and tea. You need to ensure that you have the right foods to prepare a healthy, nutritional meal. you should eat fewer smaller meals. Carbohydrates are important when controlling diabetes with diet :P

Well,right what you say about fats, except, illogical as it may sound (that is if you eat it), but you should have fatty, oily fish 3 times a week, like sardines, tuna, kippers, mackrel, salmon. These contain a lot of fat that is actually needed and they keep cholesterol down, the fats in question are called Omega 3 oils and our body does need them (diabetics too).About rice, as someone mentioned before, this is right, but you can have basmati rice, perfectly OK on the GI (glycaemic index), pastas are also ok.An interesting book to read is:The GI CounterDr. Mabel BladesPub. 2007 by Kyle Cathie Ltd.122 Arlington RoadLondonNW1 7HpISBN 978 1 85626 719 9I picked up a copy for ? 0.99.It tells you exactly which foods to eat and to avoid and gives a detailed insight into the GI of all foods.It even contains certain recipes.This will definitely help.By the way, I am diabetic too.Give it a try and good luck.

Okay, as with any diet, the most important thing is to eat a lot of unprocessed foods, raw vegetables, and not that much carb foods, as has been stated. My grandmother is diabetic but she always has to have her piece of toast, and that's terrible for her.

If you want to lose weight don't eat fried food, high fat food. You can always eat fruit such as pineapple, grape, etc... This fruit help you to cut down fat and sugar in your blood and vien. And one of the most common thing to lose weight is to exercise alot. I use to be fat like around 70kg, which later to 60kg after my diet. Say I have to buy lots of new clothes!

Well, I was hoping to find some tasty recipies in this topic, but no such luck. My Hubby has just been diagnosed with diabetes, AND high cholestrol, so things aren't going to well in the food department here. The late spring freeze we had destroyed our entire fresh fruit crop, though I think even it has to be limited for it's sugar content. Seems like there just isn't much we can work with and it's not like we can just go out and buy all kinds of expensive stuff to use. So, if anybody has some simple, low sugar and low fat recipes, sure would love to see them.

What is a normal max. mg. intake of sugar to maintain a diet or pre-diabetes controSuggest Diet For Diabetic

I am a 67 year old male in generally good health, but recently have been told to cut down on my sugar to avoid increased levels of blood sugar, mainly to stay away from a future of having diabetes. I have put myself on a 1200 +/- Calorie Diet and have lost some weight, but still crave something sweet so I started eating Lite Yogurt 1-2 servings /day, which it's label says it has 100 calories and contains 15grams sugar. What is a recomended for a max. Daily intake?.

Thanks. Marc Matthews

-reply by Marc Matthews