xisto Community
H3x

Books That Changed Your Life

I'd agree that George Orwell's books are a major influence.Those books, be it 1984 or animal farm are so trueand real to life. These days we are on camera everywhere we go,atleast in the urban centers, and personality cults have never beenbigger. Animal farm shows how absolute power corrupts absolutely. George Orwell was a true visionary.

There are many books, which taught me various things till now, but to mention specially I would like to put Paulo Coelho's Alchemist. The trail to find the treasure by a boy. The beauty with which the philosophy of life is put into simple words is just amazing. I loved the simplicity of the boy's thinking. We always go on searching for the real happiness, which infact lies inside our own hearts...We chase the unknown dreams, failing to realize what we can achieve with not so hard efforts.We never concentrate ourselves on little happinesses, just because we become blind in seeing distant things, we forget to live our present because we are planning for the future.Be a little boy, throughout your lives, may be you will live more than- what you would otherwise live.

Think and Grow Rich by Naploean HillIts one of the books that changed my life completely! Teaches people how to make money and the qualities that are neededTouches on issues like the subconscious mind, goal setting and procrastinating. ever since I read it, i've become more focused and hardworking.Oh and the other important thing to note is that...You do not need to work like crazy to make money..your brain is there to help you!

I think that the only way that a book could possibly change your life is that if you really understand the book, and think the author is a truly nice person to believe. The only book that can really change me is the bible. It seems silly to have any other book change your life unless its about life.

Books are the only thing that has eternally very passively kept me going and always taught me something new. The books that changed my life have to be the James Herriot series which I read in 6th grade, they cemented then and there in my mind that I wanted to be a vet. When I lost my grandfather, i took inspiration from various poets & mainly Rudyard Kipling. Shifting towns made me enjoy Gerald Durell a lot. When I lost my Uncle I took to re reading books by J. Krishnamoorthi and Anton Chekhov. One of my friends introduced me to Swami Yogananda to quench my spiritual thirst and those books till date have kept me stable and have faith in what I believe in especially the book called " Divine Romance" :lol:

The books that have changed my life include Wicked and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Magwire, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. These are the most recent books to really impact me.

I think that the reason why I like them so much is that they agree with my idea of life: It sucks, but it's still worth living. The characters are really solid and the plot is just fantastic, and it draws you in and makes you care. I was amazed when I read them.