xisto Community
megabytemb

30000 Terabyte Hard Drive

wow a nice hard drive.. i don't think if i can waste all of that.. 30000 terabyte? so it was so expensive?how much it cost? do anyone had it already? maybe in some large companies :lol:

Imagine how long it takes to format, i thought 2 hours for a terabyte hard drive was bad enough! Its nano bots or whatever better be working overtime for me to have any patience with it.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Let me compare what I have to this - to give an idea30000 Terabyte Hard Drive

No brag intented, but I just want to give an idea of just how much space this really is.

I might have the largest harddrive collection of anyone who's typed in here yet--I don't know.

I have a 1 terabyte as my system drive and three 2 terabytes as storage ones--not including thumbs (one is 64gb) and externals and smaller drives I'm not using now--but I won't include them here.--just what's inside my computer case now.

To give an idea of what I do with it.  I have 10's of Complete TV Series (I mean Complete Ones) on it, including everything (episodes & movies) of all the Star Trek series & Stargate Series & Doctor Who (from episode 1 in the 1960's) & The X-Files & Cheers & Sliders & Quantum Leap & The Dragon Balls (all 3 series) & Farscape and much, much more.--watching a complete series all at once is a new experiance from the normal way: try it.--I put the startrek (Enterprise, Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager) and Stargate (SG1 & Atlantis) series--movies too-- in timeline order (overlaping) as well the doctor who--torchwood, & advantures of sara jane combonations.  GREAT. --record off television or buy box sets.--many converters for computer files exist. -- takes a LOT of time, but worth it if you never get tired of things like me--or traval alot.

...And even with all this, and much more, I still have around 3 terabytes of free space left. all my 7 Terabytes combined is only like just the number 7 compared to 30,000 of what this ONE drive is.--even I would have trouble filling that... for a very long time!

I did the math and it's like comparing 1 second to 8 hours and 20 minutes. --that's for all 7 terabytes.

-reply by ArthurKeywords: 3 terabyte drive