xisto Community
glocon

Is There Life After Death?

Yes, I know you said that you didn't need anything from the Bible, but here is an excerpt from the Bible that explains it all:

For the wagese of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.-Romans 6:23 NIV

And to receive that gift, you must be saved.

I think that there must be a life after death. I think that the major proof of this matter is the millions of Near-Death Expeiences world wide, ask anyone who has died and come back and they will tell you without a doubt that there definitely is an aftelife.

yes there most definately is, but I've already posted about it elsewhere, and im too tired to explain it all again :) it was a big post:)

I don't think there's 'life' after death. Death is death, if there was life then it wouldn't be death.I don't believe in heaven, I do however believe in a chemical reaction released in your brain when you die that makes you experience heaven-like emotions and feelings...And because you're half dead, you have no recolection of time or space, making it seem like an eternity.

Whether true or false, everyone in this topic is sharing ideas brilliantly. But as for me, though I seldom go to mass ( i am a catholic but I hate priests and ministers) I set my belief that there is hell after death. That hell has the most painful pain that anyone would ever experience. Unfounded you may say, but I would rather think that there is hell for the livingdead rather than take the chance of its inexistent. By doing so, whenever I have a toothache or body pains, just to think about the endless pains in hell would give me tremendous courage to endure all my pains. And by believing that there is hell for the livingdead, would always avert my evil intentions that oftentimes subdue my righteous will.

If only the priests and ministers focus about the existence of hell, I believe that crimes and mortal sins would be lessened if not totally eradicated. And to focus about hell means, they should further prove that there is life after death. Because if no one accepts that there is life after death, then, likewise, no one accepts that there is indeed a place like hell. If hell is totally unrecognized by the creatures of God, then crimes, war, evil deeeds will forever reign on earth.

@ Carson, I am asuming you have already died and know the answer to this question? :) And if we are all coincidences of evelution, in this universe, SOMETHING had to be first. So explain to me, where the heat came from. Explain to me how 32 basic elements created by the stars eventually created 119 elements and how the basic elements bonded together to form intelegent life. Tell me all of it. I really want to know. I know the big bang theory, but i want an explenation.
I believe in a spiritual existance after death. I don't see how it is possible how we could be something so... so... so complex with out there being a drive behind it... It just doesn't make sence.

And to everybody who says religon is a waste of time:

You have absolutly nothing to lose. There is either an afterlife or there isn't.

But yeah. I believe in heavn and hell. I am baptist so I don't know about pergatory... oh well :)

Aliens invaded years ago silly! :P big bang was their fireworks night and when they blew up a spec of cellirays it caused a super explosion of universe 6gy which occupied 1 dego star and created our stars.

They calculated the layers of nutrients in every planet and visited earth the time of the dinosaurs.

They wiped out them as they were a pain by blowing up a mini celliray in the direction of earth.

they returned to find mammals have involved into humans and our intelligence was above others.

They found our ancient ancestors women to be very hot and mated with them using unorthodox methods.

Our knowledge and technologies improved rapidly worldwide but as women mated more with males the gene has worn off on more of us than others.

Glad i could clear that up. Had to get it off my chest! :D
There is an afterlife, but it is on the planet vulcan not Heaven!!!!!!

this is a much debated topic among individuals..the answer to whether there is life after death has evaded us for many many years..there is no physical/scientific proof as to what happens when we die.,.yet i still believe that death is not the end to everything - as do most christians like me believe because it is one of the foundations of our religion..believing in this further prepares us to embrace death, and welcomes us to afterlife with no worries..each of us has his own opinion regarding this topic, but for me - there is no harm in believing right?

IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH?

Worry more about the legacy you leave behind instead of that. Possibly in the future, people might have the ability to use bionics to keep people alive way past the normal lifespan, or bring people back to life using cryogenics and surgery, but for now, there is absolutely no way to prove or disprove such a thing. Edited by dre (see edit history)

I believe that when we die, we go to where we were before we were born.Of course, noone can remember where they were before they were born. Some may think that they were once a great person revived.. who knows!It is even possible that as soon as we die, our memory is deleted and we are reborn as someone/something else being born at the same time. However this cannot be possible as our population is increasing, not staying the same so these new people must come from somewhere, unless the human population growth comes as other species die and they become human and act human. For all you know, you might've been a dinosaur once before. If my little theory is true, then someday we will use up all possible life and human will be the only ones here, noone can be born until someone dies, and no other species are here to be able to become humans.Complicated, I know ^_^

Other theories is that once people die, they may be reincarnated as another animal. I've read this out of various books, and/or even some people from various religions think of the same view. But I wont go into religion here. Even reincarnated as another human with a different brain, interests and so forth is also a theory.

truth or not, this is what i believe, i don't really care what your choice is but it's your decisionbut "matter cannot be destroyed nor created" is one fact that scientist hold there is something their powerful, unexplained out there.

Well it is not really smart to think that if humans can't find the explanation for something it must be the work of God or SOMETHING(and this is what you are trying to say isn't it). No one knows what really happened and the big bang theory is just theory so it doesn't have to be true. There are many other theories(and mathematical models of universe) about beginning and in some of them there is no beginning but most of them are very hard to understand unlike the big bang theory and this is why everyone thinks there was a big bang:because for average human being that is very easy to understand to(while he can't accept that universe didn't have beginning which is basis of some other theories). There is simple way to imagine that universe didn't have beginning:we all say universe doesn't have limits, so if it doesn't have limits in space why would it have to have limits in time.
Now to the original topic. The idea of after life started when humans where very primitive compared to today. then they believed then that Earth has edges and that you fall of if you stepped from the edge further no matter what shape they imagined(circle, square,...) and we all know that isn't true. we all know how life works that it is just physics and chemistry and yet people can't forget this old belief about afterlife probably because they can't accept how insignificant in fact they are. So to answer the question in the title of this topic: THERE ISN'T LIFE AFTER DEATH.

I agree with you in the fact that life works just due to physics and chemistry, we seem to have gotten stuck in the idea that everything has be explained under finite circumstances. We can't seem to comprehend that somethings just don't have a beginning or an end (and yes I have no actual proof that the universe has no beginning or that there would be no end, but in the other hand also there is no actual proof that the universe has a beginning). But is there really no life after death, for the being that died obviously there is not, but there are many organisms that due come to life once any living organism dies so technically the death of one organism allowed the existence of another.

*Off topic*
So you along with Carson, have passed away and have the answer to this question? Wow. I sure feel mortal right now ^_^ Anyways, that isn't the answer to a question. I to, along with the big bang and the bible are theores. However you failed to explain to me how we just came out of nowhere, big bang or not, with out divine intervention. That's right. YOU CAN'T. However, being rimitive 300 years ago has nothing to do with what will happen as you pass away.

*Sorta On topic*

I believe in an existince after death. I am a christian, and I don't giv a flying fig with what you think about it. Just because I believe in a God and in an existance after death does not make me primitave or ignorant in anyway. Sure I could be wrong. Whatever.

*On topic*

There can not be life without a drive behind it IN MY OPINION! However if we are no more than mortal beings we have nothing to lose in religon. There is nothing wrong with believing in a God or other supernatural being. So yes, I BELIEVE in life afer death.

Call me a Jesus Freak. I don't care.

So you yourself along with Carson and whale_shark passed away and have the answer to the question? right?

Ok, maybe we can't explain how we came out of nowhere, well, at least I can't. I don't know whether I can explain the existence of life without using theory, big bang or not, but since you yourself considered the bible to be also just theory can't explain without using the bible to explain that we came from somewhere. This all becomes a vicious circle due to the fact that one has the absolute truth. So it is wisest to say as the old saying says, "I only know that I know nothing."

Answering the question Is there life after death? Yes, there is life after

Answering the question is there an after life? No, I personally do not believe there is an after life. I could be right, I could be wrong. I guess I'll find out later on.

Now many scientific reaserchers also proved that there is rebirth. But if you are saying about going to hell or heven then I dont belive the same. The heaven and hell is here itself. And you have to suffer everything here itself. Be good to others and be happy. To feel like being in heven and be bad to be tensed and fall into deseises and feel like being in hell. Thats it what I think.?