xisto Community
glocon

Is There Life After Death?

It has been already proved in Mathematics that "Everything that is true cannot be proved".

Thats a little ironic, isn't it?
Ok, but back on topic. We are so insignificant in this world. There are billions of stars in this galaxy and there are billions of galaxies in the universe. In our galaxy we live on a planet that is much, much smaller than one of these billions of stars. So how do we know that there HAS to be an afterlife? With so much other stuff in the universe than us, how do we know that we even matter in the bigger picture? But since we are so small and insignificant,we will not know the answer (at least for a very long time (depending on if we aren't extinct by then)). It's a very cruel world.

You know if u get prepared well and study hard before an exam you will get high results.I think that life after death or other life has to do with this.So if u are behaving well this life u get better in the other,if not u can imagine by yourself.Important is that most of religions all over the world believe in the life after death and so knowing that most of peoplebelieve in religions...maybe living its not ending here in this planet..........

Asking this question show me that your believe is not so firm.

I think there will not be any evidence. Because if there is a life after death, and that form of life will not take any action to effect the world where we alive man live in.

If things not like I have said. The death will not be death.

So whatever you believe there is or not a life after death, regard the life before death as a treasure which given by God.

I'm a science man myself. I have taken biology classes and learned about evolution and life. I can understand why there are people who are 100% convinced that there is life after death, and there is a god. I have a Christian friend, and his family are strong Christians. I think there are people like him who have parents who are very religious, and grow up with the idea, so anything else is ridiculas really. My friend is in my biology class, and he laughs when the teacher mentions evolution. Its proven science, yet he will not accept it. I'm not say that evolution is proven science, just some of the things we learn and the processes etc. are.

Anyone who says they know is lying.

You can say that, because anyone how is able to say this will be dead. However I can say that I know that there is not life after death(As my belief). I think this because when i think about there being a God, and compare the thought with the physical world we live in, its makes me think, really? Compare the physical world, what you can feel and see, with the idea of heaven. To a person like me, it makes no sense. This isn't exactly a belief to me, its more just how things are.

Well regarding to me it would be more easy for u on focusing about concret things that can help us link with the existence of world and life i.e You all know that if earth was a 1 mm away from sun as it is now,earth would be frozenand if earth would nearer to the sun as it is now, it would be fire all over the world.So what is this strange coincidence that erath is at perfect distance from sun..????????

Well regarding to me it would be more easy for u on focusing about concret things that can help us link with the existenceof world and life i.e You all know that if earth was a 1 mm away from sun as it is now,earth would be frozen
and if earth would nearer to the sun as it is now, it would be fire all over the world.
So what is this strange coincidence that erath is at perfect distance from sun..????????

Is that a proven result? I have never heard about it, in fact the distance earth from sun changes more than 1mm I think. It's a system self-correcting homeostasis.

I think if you believe a life after death, you should not make it based on a special earth, because if another "earth" be find someday like we have found that earth is not the centre of universe, you will be busy to find another evidence.

If anyone cares here's my theory on why life after death is impossible.Basic laws of nature say that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, one would take that and say that it proves that after death consciousness which is for all intensive purposes a series of chemical charges cannot be destroyed so the "human consciousness" has to "move on." Well... this is not true nor could it be; to say that it was true would imply that the "human consciousness" is created which directly violates my original statement. What is the point of what I’m saying? Hmmm, the point is that our "soul" is basically our chemical memory that makes up the "human consciousness" and our chemical memory cannot exist without a bio-chemical conductor (our brain), also that our chemical memories are only possible because of our food intake. So to create a full circle here, the food we take in provides our bodies with the energy needed to provide us with "human consciousness" and thus a soul, when we die the "human consciousness" stops and we cease to exist, (here's the fun part) our rotting corpses fuel the plants in the ground for other animals to eat and later be eaten by us continuing the cycle.

When I was a kid. My Tution Teacher was used to tell me a story about what happens after death?
I would like to share it with you all. It goes something like this:

According to this theory, There is an invisible camera behind your head. It records each and every thing that you do all the time. It even records your most private times :). Then when you die, You are received by the God whom you believe the most, in front of the doors of Heaven and the Hell. Then your all closed ones are called there. You are made to stand in front of them. Then that camera which recorded all your life is set to play all the recording. And then your loved ones are to decide whether to send you to Hell or Heaven.

Then most scary :D part of this theory is that, the camera records all of your private moments also!

Oh!!
I will have to denounce God for author's rights!! Does he stop recording when we're at the cinema?
If not the copyright's lawyers will get him someday...

Explain to me how 32 basic elements created by the stars eventually created 119 elements and how the basic elements bonded together to form intelegent life. Tell me all of it. I really want to know. I know the big bang theory, but i want an explenation.

You must be mocking. First of all, have you even heard about supernovas? and of course żHave you ever seen Inteligent Life? Couse I didn't XD
Ok. I will tel you. Think about your hole life. And now think that in every second of your life thousand's of beings are created, reproduced and dessapeared. And now think that they change a little in every 100 generations and some lives and others doesn't. And, of course the ones that can interact with the envoirement have more chances. And so on you get to a "nearly" intelligence life like humans are.
Creationism is as stupid as any other try of the church to stay alive and gain minions. Don't try to defend it because it have no chance to get anywhere. It will die in a couple of years or so.

If anyone cares here's my theory on why life after death is impossible.Basic laws of nature say that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, one would take that and say that it proves that after death consciousness which is for all intensive purposes a series of chemical charges cannot be destroyed so the "human consciousness" has to "move on." Well... this is not true nor could it be; to say that it was true would imply that the "human consciousness" is created which directly violates my original statement. What is the point of what Im saying? Hmmm, the point is that our "soul" is basically our chemical memory that makes up the "human consciousness" and our chemical memory cannot exist without a bio-chemical conductor (our brain), also that our chemical memories are only possible because of our food intake. So to create a full circle here, the food we take in provides our bodies with the energy needed to provide us with "human consciousness" and thus a soul, when we die the "human consciousness" stops and we cease to exist, (here's the fun part) our rotting corpses fuel the plants in the ground for other animals to eat and later be eaten by us continuing the cycle.

That's the point.
And if you think about it, you'll see that is even nicer than the regilious afterlife. I've seen that when you build a philosophy around science you're closer to what religions call "spiritual peace". The problem is that isn't as easy to tell to the others as: "God descended from the sky and said X". And more difficult to understand because you need education and knowledge to get it.

And there's my questions to all the afterlife believers:
ż"What" is before life?
żWhy you think you're a different conscience than you're neighbor one?
and żWhy you think time matters beyond your accumulation of memories?
Edited by darthvaron (see edit history)

There are religions that of course do believe in afterlife, and there are those that do believe of a tier of people (eg Good People = Heaven, Bad People = Hell), and so forth. At the same time there are the re-incarnation believers in which those believe that people that may pass away re-incarnate either as an animal or another person. As for religion, I may be a non-practising Catholic in which I only attend church once or twice a year (sometimes Easter, but definitely have to visit at Christmas). But again, like some other posters here and elsewhere said, there are many questions that are still to be answered, in which they may not be able to be answered in any form.

Life after death is a coping of the unconscious mind's fear of death and its wanting to live forever. We fear death because our unconscious conveys it to us. We cope by hoping we live forever. In reality, we'll rot in a coffin while we suffer delusions of life after death due to the breakdown and rotting of the brain. But, in a way, we will live forever as soil to regenerate life for the next 5 billion years. Then everything will be burnt to a cinder, but maybe by then we will know enough information to just get the heck out...or we'll go extinct and maybe another intelligent life-form will be made and pick up where we left off.

Life after death is a coping of the unconscious mind's fear of death and its wanting to live forever.

that goes along with my theory and why i don't believe in any one religion and try to encorporate all religions in my life sorting through all the b.s. and taking in what makes sense to me. because i feel any organized religion is to satisfy the never ending question questions, what is life and is there a god. people need something to believe in. religion satisfies this insecurity.

but! life after death....body dies, yes. soul and spirit live on and moves on to a different plane of exisitance until reborn again. those who don't believe in life after death don't believe in "ghosts" or spirits or souls. now from my personal experience, i have experienced a lot of mysterious crap that cannot be explained unless there is life after death. using simple logic, i come to this conclusion and the fact that there is more out there than we know. i can reasonably deduct this from my own experiences and knowledge.

but then....opaque's response made me think....darn him....i'm a thinker and that response was DEEP wether he intended it that way or not

First of all i am happy that this is the 100th post i am making :P

Now let me answer to this question, Yes is my answer , there is Life after death , Once we die our Soul departs from our body and we all go to the Presence of Heavenly Father , in the judgement throne we are Judged .

Its Lord Jesus Christ is our Saviour from eternal condemination , a man is judged according to his way of living on earth , if our Name is Written in the Lambs Book Of life we will enter into heaven, Thats Eternal Life , there is a Parable in the Bible about Eternal Life ,

The Parable of the Good Samaritan
On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[c]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[d]"

"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.

So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. 35The next day he took out two silver coins[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."
Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

now from my personal experience, i have experienced a lot of mysterious crap that cannot be explained unless there is life after death. using simple logic, i come to this conclusion and the fact that there is more out there than we know. i can reasonably deduct this from my own experiences and knowledge.

Is Lady Di alive just because you see her photo in the papers?

Are you sure it can't be explained howelse? You can't renounce the rational arguments just because we don't have the necessary knowledge yet. If you want you can't saythat world is how it is just because the Flying Spagetti Monster or any other God touched it with his nodel appendix. But don't call it logic, please.

As you said, there is more out there than we know, but that doesn't mean that is "unexplainable", It just mean that we must find how to explain it, little by little by the path of logic and reason.

Give a computer to a XIX century atheist and he will think that is a give from God, from devil or a magical instrument at least. Think about this the next time you hear or see a ghost. Note how far the science have gone, and how ridiculous is to think that certain things are out of its range.

When I was a kid. My Tution Teacher was used to tell me a story about what happens after death?I would like to share it with you all. It goes something like this:According to this theory, There is an invisible camera behind your head. It records each and every thing that you do all the time. It even records your most private times . Then when you die, You are received by the God whom you believe the most, in front of the doors of Heaven and the Hell. Then your all closed ones are called there. You are made to stand in front of them. Then that camera which recorded all your life is set to play all the recording. And then your loved ones are to decide whether to send you to Hell or Heaven.Then most scary part of this theory is that, the camera records all of your private moments also!Wow thast a bit heavy to tell a kid