xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thorn

Neopets.com *old* Players! Do you still like it or not?

I play neopets! My username is shigger711. I don't like neopets much anymore... they're taken all the good stuff down!
I hate the new neopets. It was so simple when we had the old neopets back. for example, the layout. It's horrible. The old layout was just a sidebar, and I miss that. Now the layout is a flashy CSS thing! And every 2 days or so they release a stupid avatar. You know, like a neopet blinking it's eyes or something. So they're really just stupid and useless, unless you're trying to be the top avatar collector or something. And the 2 WORSE THINGS are:

1. Neopets doesn't care about the site or players anymore! All they care about is money

2. Neopets wastes their money on stuff too. For example they have *stupid* ads on TV with a neopet blinking it's eyes. (A lot come on when the TV show drake & josh is on :) ) TV ADS cost money to put on! So they are wasting lots of money for some stupid ads. They don't even stick in your head that well. So old neopet players, do you like the new neopets? Or the old neopets?

So, to paraphrase, "The new Neopets sucks, do you like it?"

Sorry, that was a little uncalled for. It had to be said.

Personally, I think that Neopets is just going down the tubes. At about the age of 11, I took a 1-year hiatus after discovering programming and AddictingGames. After coming back, I discovered that Neopets had failed while I was gone. It's just terrible. Honestly, a limit on how many times you can play a game per day? Stupid. Not to mention the account-running-over. Oh, you have all sorts of awesome items? Sucks for you, you said something mean to someone else and now your account is frozen FOREVER! XD

Neopets...it flails.

Neopets

Neopets.com *old* Players!

*Sigh* I joined seven years ago and then stopped playing for 3 years. Recently I decided to get back on but to my dismay, I had entered the wrong password. I had entered a fake birthday and I was now required to enter it. I figured out the password but I cannot remember the birthday and so I have had to create a new account. It was sad to lose some trophies and pets but I still like playing neopets. My only other complaint is that there seems to be less plots going on.

It sucks nowNeopets.com *old* Players!Eventually it will be a stupid pay site. I remember I played the first year it came out. It was alot better then. Once it progressed a little, now Viacom got into it, everything became ugly and kiddie-like, stupid clothes for your ugly pets, the new homes you need to pay for furniture to make it nice...If it becomes a pay site I will protest. I will never use it again and join the other countless ripoff sites. Neopets wasn't the first virtual pets site but claims it is. It was sold for 150 million to Viacom.I do like some new features but it is pretty much nothing like it used to be, all these ads popping up blocking games, takes 5 minutes now to load a game...This site is ****ing rich, why ads?Give 200 or 50 NP. I hate business people, they always ruin everything.-Liviana

can someone here possibly hack into my old account?Neopets.com *old* Players!

ok so, I havent been on my account in almost over 3 years, but I'm kindOf curious to see what its like now that we old timers left it. BUT, ofCourse, I lied about my birthday, and I never signed the parentPermission for thing for neofriends, so I cant friend myself fromSomeone elses to fine my birthday, but I do still know my password. IsThere anyone on here that could possibly hack into it for me? I knowThats a big deal for such a stupid thing as checking back on neopets,But I'm really kind of curious. So let me know if theres any hackers outThere willing to do the job!

I used to love neopets (about 5 or 6 years ago) It was a great game, lots of fun with the online virtual world to explore etc. The most enjoyable part was the minigames to earn neopoints, I didn't really do anything else other than that.I haven't been back recently (i.e. within the past 2 years), my pet is porbably starving to death (if thats even possible) but judging from everyone's comments here I shouldn't go back? The homepage looks really different (no sidebar? :P) I've forgotten my password or I'd log back into my account and see how things are...

In my opinion, Neopets isn't too great of a website. It looks ugly, has too many ads (adblock anyone?), has only bland games, and favours paying users (I think). That said, I spent some years back when I was still 10 on it, and it was a good eye-opener to the way things work on the internet as it was the first website I used much (i.e. fake information, scams, secure passwords, etc.). My first password was 'happy', and that account got hacked. Now I'm secure about things I do on the internet :P

I know what you meanNeopets.com *old* Players!

Man I know what you guys mean. I used to play 2-3 years ago and it was fun! Now It's not how it used to be.

1.) log in is harder because they ask for the birthdate.

2.) no more "the customer's always right"

3.) its all about the money, commercials, adds, toys, etc.

4.) no more epic plots, new great games, neopets(that aren't bought)

5.) it became like every single site: A tycoon busines, only for money that can be obtained by only credit card

At least make gift cards cause not EVERY KID has access to a credit card! And, there are people who are going to steal the pin anyway!

-reply by fairyvamp555

Old player- lost my neopets accountNeopets.com *old* Players!

I played neopets 5 to 6 years ago and then my life just got busier.  3 years ago I began to play again one summer as there was more free time, but stopped soon after due to moving countries. The last thing I remember doing on my account was changing my profile page and you have to change your password everytime doing that- hence the reason why I forgot what my password was for so long. So I e-mail the neopets SUPPORT team and explain to them my issue. I wait for almost 4 months in total for them to finally say that I "do not have enough sufficient information". I just want my old account back. If they just asked me what they specifically wanted to know I would answer it. Or if they gave me the e-mail I used to create the account it would solve everyone's problem. I want to play neopets again out of nostalgia, but will only play with my old account. I can't stand just seeing it wasting away there...So I tried getting a response out of the neopets team again. Wish me luck.Oli

-reply by NatsuKeywords: neopets lost password

I used to be able to play it on my ancient computer just fine and it was fun.  I could afford everything and I felt equal to everyone.  I stopped playing for a few years and when I got back on I was completely lost there were like 5 new places on the map, which is fine I guess, but they weren't as creative as the original places.  Also it was so new it almost crashed my computer.  Finally we got a new computer and I got back on and played for a while but I couldn't afford a thing, anything decent cost literally like 4,000,000 neopoints.  Now there are people who are like 7 years younger than me who are more successful than I am because they bought Neopets premium, which is some stupid new thing where they get more money and enhanced features.  The rumor is that Neopets is slowly switching all the decent features over to the premium version until eventually it'll be some stupid pay-only site.

I agree but disagree at the same time..Neopets.com *old* Players!

I stopped playing for years because they changed the layout. The first day I saw that new layout it felt really disgusting and commerical.. And what's with all the flash things? It takes too long to load.. And it lags.. Especially the redo of all the maps.. And the neohome.. And what's up with those advertisements?! the ads showing a lot of skin.. And they're everywhere..

..I kinda like the NC Mall. They give out free items once in a while. For April they give out free eggs with Neohome items in it. And free Neocash. I've only been back a month and I got 200 nc, enough for a spiffy wing for my Wocky. Maybe if I check often.. I get more.. Then I won't have to pay for those items ever. Also.. A lot of good items don't need neocash.. I mean. I can live without them. I read on wikipedia that neopets needs a lot of money to run its servers.. Probably just for connection takes thousands.. I'm an old player too, but I have learned to ignore the ads and enjoy the site still. It's still okay. In my opinion.

Oh! And before I forget.. If you guys lost your birthday you can try 3 times every day to figure it out!! If you have millions of neopoints and rare items in there.. It's worth it to spend 2 mins each day to try getting in. There are 365 days in a year, with 3 tries per day, you'll figure out your birthday in 4 months :)

-reply by Kimberly-chan

I had just made my neopets account and it's been like 7,8 years ince I made it , I agree alos I quited at the moment they opend the new layout, neopets when it was created, they acutlly cared about the players and wanted to have fun, prabably more staff came inot neopets and they started investing and making money by only caring about it. My sister was a great player and she quited like 4 months after she made her account, she the best thing she had ober 1000000 or somehting like that, don't know if it's alot these days, her name I think is ajnabi71 or agnabi71. Then she quited when the old layout was there. And I was like why ddi you quit. Then after like 6 months I quited and realized that why she quitted. It was because how it how it was changing alot. Like I've moved other games like runescape.Com not sure anyone's heard of it. But I just think neopets is just blah... I hope neopets run out of bussines.!

-reply by old player 101

Neopets has become way too commercialized and they don't care about the users anymore. Its all about making money.

They adds are getting ridiculous and I stopped playing a couple years ago becuase they  made it too hard to sign  back in because of the birthdate thing. ]=<

-reply by Becca

lol idiotNeopets.com *old* Players!

"The last thing I remember doing on my account was changing my profile page and you have to change your password everytime doing that- hence the reason why I forgot what my password was for so long. So I e-mail the neopets SUPPORT team and explain to them my issue. " lol they must have thought this person was a retard, the changing password with that was an option not requirement.

I played neopets for a long time, since 2000. I stopped playing at 2004 and lost that account. (neopets deleted it, and some other n00b stole my user name!) So I created another account because back then neopets still cared for its users. I then quit playing at 2006 because of lack of time to devote to it. But my friend recently moved away, and he plays neopets for fun, so I started playing again. (I guessed my random birthdate and got it right ^^) The new neopets is BAD. My hours and hours of creating, searching, and remaking my profiles, pet profiles, and shops are now ruined because neopets messed up all html. Like said, neopets doesn't care about its users anymore and it makes me sick when I see little kids starting neopets-swirling into that money making abyss. 

-reply by ryouki mizunashi

I gave up on Neopets in early 2003. I go back from time to time for the Altador Cup and the plots... but that's about it. And even those aren't loads of fun.I'm not a huge fan of Neopets now, to be honest. I feel choked by ads any time my ad block is off. The pet customization just doesn't interest me. I think it's harder to find things now. Plus, they seem to force flash on all of their maps. I've never really liked flash, so that's kind of annoying.