xisto Community
technobot

Find Ie-7 Feeky And Wierd? Try Avant IE based alternative

Hi Back when I was using IE as a browser I came across a browser called Avant Browser that uses the IE core files to offer a tabbed browser solution for IE. Later on when IE-7 came out I found it kind of ugy and that it had a bad layout for usability. Anyways I reinstalled Avant and found it offered a nicer more usable solution to IE and had all the functionality I needed. It is also very customizable and would say though it uses the IE core that it is more comparable to say Firefox and in many ways easier to customize. After trying many IE based browsers this one rates the best. Avant Browser is freeware That's right. 100% Free! No cost to you ever. No limitations. No Adware. No Spyware.

Avant still uses the IE rendering engine, so all of the quirks and foibles found in IE are still there. :P

Hi Back when I was using IE as a browser I came across a browser called Avant Browser that uses the IE core files to offer a tabbed browser solution for IE. Later on when IE-7 came out I found it kind of ugy and that it had a bad layout for usability. Anyways I reinstalled Avant and found it offered a nicer more usable solution to IE and had all the functionality I needed. It is also very customizable and would say though it uses the IE core that it is more comparable to say Firefox and in many ways easier to customize.

I dont think you know about avant very well if you have this to say about it. I have used avant for more than 4 months and i have one thing to say about it...it aint a good browser. I am not an IE fan though but I prefer IE7 to avant. I generally use Opera or Firefox or navigator for my browsing. I use IE only whihle debugging my web pages during developement just to make sure about compatibility of the web pages with all them major browsers.

While I was using avant, it will generally make my CPU to run high for some reason which I just cant figure out. Even after I reformatted and reinstalled it back, the same thing kept occuring so I had to stop it outright.