xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Drink Driving Dilemma

I know a guy who regularly used to drink in my local for four/five hours every day and then get in his car and drive home!About 14 months ago he got caught and is currently banned from driving.However I recently discovered he is drinking in another pub where he isnt known and repeating the behaviour even tho as I stated he is banned.Thing is do I grass him up,after all he is an accident waiting to happen,but I am uneasy about grassing him up.If it makes the decision easier for you all he is a single guy,a professional con man and doesnt have a mortgage or family that depend on him to earn by using his car or anything!

personally, i think drivers who continue to drive drunk should be in jail. they will eventually end up killing themselves or someone else. what if this guy kills somebody and you could have stopped him? how would that feel?is he a friend of yours? why don't you offer him a rides or soemthing to keep him out of a car? and also try talking him out of drinking and driving. maybe even AA meetings cause I think this guy needs serious help if he is drinking 4-5 hours a day.

I dont approve with drinking and driving but it's his life and he does whatever he wants with it. The problem is how long can he go on like this without hiting another driver or even worse.. some innocent pedestrian.From what I've seen so far many people drive better under influence then sober ;)). I had a friend a few years ago and everything we had a few bears we just drove around .. it was night time , no people on the street , no cops .. there was nothing wrong with it , maybe because the car had an automatic gearbox which made it alot easier to drive with some alchool in our blood :P).. you just have to use gas/break .. no clutch and no gear changing so it's alot easier to stay focused on the road.