xisto Community
velma

Free Web Hosting With Ruby On Rails : Trap17.com

so i went to a tutorial site that SaintMichael posted and i copypasted one piece of code into a .rhtml file and it did not parse the code properly then i renamed the file to .ror the same thing happened, then i renamed to .rb and firefox prompted a save file dialog, so what do i have to do for ruby on rails to work on my account?

so i went to a tutorial site that SaintMichael posted and i copypasted one piece of code into a .rhtml file and it did not parse the code properly then i renamed the file to .ror the same thing happened, then i renamed to .rb and firefox prompted a save file dialog, so what do i have to do for ruby on rails to work on my account?

Though i've never used ROR, from what i understand of it, you're supposed to first set up the environment before you can actually start development. You should be able to do so by logging into your account's C-panel and clicking on "Ruby on Rails." This should take you to "Manage Ruby on Rails Applications." If you fill out the form you are presented with and submit it, you should then have a working ROR environment to place your code in, which you can execute in a browser. Do note a ROR environment contains a lot of files, as it attempts to supply users with everything they could ever need for a production environment.

Can anyone write "Ruby on Rails" tutorial for our tutorial section? :)There are lot of good out there but how to work with it on cpanel and how to program/upload etc can be another topic for tutorial i think .

yeah that tutorial would be very helpful indeed... I can see no icons for Rails anywhere in my Cpanel, i'll shout for help on it soon.I created an offline project with instantrails and I uploaded it through ftp into my Xisto account, now i can see the bare folders :)

ror developersFree Web Hosting With Ruby On Rails : Xisto.com

Ruby on Rails or RoR, is an open source web application framework forThe Ruby programming language.We build quality Ruby On Rails web applications for start-ups andEstablished businesses since early 2006. We focus on the core idea,Perfect the interface, suggest innovative features and deliver; we helpYour company succeed faster by using the best technologies available.Secure Next is a software technology corporation that develops,Manufactures, and supports a wide range of software and web developmentProjects. Headquartered in Fresno, California, USA, and its offshore inChennai, India, we rock on every single projects we develop and ventureInto upcoming technology with a vision of agile web development &Customer satisfaction. Thus, we want to make people feel informed andInvolved, committing quality and timeliness and ready to flourish usingLatest technology.Ref: rorDevelopers, hire developers & software programmers

-reply by securians