xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinkerjack

No Regrets

this year i was diagnosed with an incurable disease. i had it for well over a year. i finally went to the hospital where they told me if I had waited a couple more days I would have died.Like AIDS, the disease I have is not the thing that kills you. For me it could be a head cold, or a blood clot in my leg. Its the secondary things that get you.so i don't know if i will die in a week or tomorrow.i could say it sucks but I have lived enough that i have no regrets. i am getting ready to go back to work. i am going to do things differently, but i am not going to do anything special.i was having fun already.i don't have advice for the living. my head just isn't there anymore.as for the dying: write for yourself the advice that helps you do what you want to do.

Edited by tinkerjack (see edit history)

So what now, are you going to wait for your "big moment"?What I meant was, are you really going to continue having a good time? Would it be worth it?

Notice from Plenoptic:
Double Posting is not allowed on the Xisto forum. Please use the edit feature when you wish to add on to a post you made right before.

i don't want to sound insensitive. but this sounds like the crap they do on freewebs. they will post something that says that they are going to die just to get attention.good luck with death

Hi,Welcome to Xisto is all that I can say. As for your dying, i dont know if it is a hoax or not but hope that you mentally prepare yourself and enjoy all the time you are left with.I cant actually give you advice nor do I know the mental state you are in so I cannot comment much. I guess you should not let in pity, sympathy or anything that will make you look like a victim but try to really be the best you can.P.S your posts are good :P

dont worry. its the same all over and in fact, its better.if people really believed i was dying there would be a lot of syrupy stuff and people asking over and over how i am feeling.i hate that.i have an incurable disease and i almost died of anemia in march. i went to the hospital on february 28 and was discharged on march 7.one of the things that annoyed me most is that since they anticipated my being hugely upset, they gave me a sedative without asking.i really don't have any regrets. i'm almost 50, which feels like a long time to me.i lied about no regrets, though. i am kind of a packrat and havent had time to get rid of stuff. my family will have to do it if i die within the next few months and that's sad. i want them to save all the antiques and such but they wont be able to distinguish it from the junk.other than that, i do intend to enjoy myself. if i get really sick again i will think and worry about death (that's what i did before) but right now i am glad to be able to have some fun.i am not sure how i would mentally prepare myself. i guess it depends on what you think will happen when you die, and i have odd beliefs about that.and just so you know, i have not taken my own advice but i do intend to write somewhere the advice that helps me. dunno if anyone else in similar position will read it, but at least it will be somewhere.oh - and, lol, it IS about attention. dying is a lonely thing. if it irks you, then you can skip this thread. its likely to contain a lot of philosophizing and such, anyway.

Well.. I am younger than you, by a fair bit if I may add. But I have done lots of thinking about death. In your position, it really isn't fun to be alone. But it seems you are making the most out of it, and trying to keep your head up. This is nice to see. Alot of people who have cancer, or are recently diagnosed with cancer (Cancer being my example disease), give up almost instantly. They believe that now they have the disease, they will die. But from what I know, and my research on the conciousness of the brain and the power behind the group... If you honestly believe that you will get better, and you have positive people around you that create no stress (Stress being a major factor), you can get better. Stress causes alot of harm to ones body. negative thinking, and negative thinkers around you can also cause a kind of stress. and if you are one of those people that think im just going on about some mumble jumbo street talk, thats fine- youre entitled to your own opinion. But here is another point of view, and this is assuming you really are dieing soon at an unkown time. Think of it as nature taking it's course. Death, or decomposition, is completely natural. It starts with Creation -> Life -> Decomposition. It's how it always has been, and always will be. So it really isn't nothing to get down upon.If you are a religious character, and believe in a god or gods, such as the Christians, Muslims, or Jews, then you have nothing to fear but paradise for eternity.I know you want attention because of your position, and I dont blame you. And also, please dont take what I said the wrong way. I didnt mean any of it to sound pesimistic, cruel, insensitive, or anything along those lines. And in my own opinion, I believe not knowing when you are going to die is better than knowing. If you knew, you would only obsess in fear. You seem like a good person, and you said you have no regrets! That's perfect! Many people have regrets, about simple daily things that happened 20 years ago. You said you dont though, and I idol that my friend.Sure dieing seems like a sad thing, but it is the inevitable. It happens to everyone at some point in time, some sooner than others though. If I was in your position, I would just relax, do what I want. Go do scary adventurous things that a living person is scared to do. Enjoy time with the living, weather it be a god or cat, tv, friends or family, or even the sun. And dont get down about this, youre 50 right? Youve contributed 50 years to our society, and have seen things I can only imagine to see. And if you have any life-advice, please post it! Im not sure about other people, but when an older person gives me advice about life, I take it with pride and honor knowing it can benefit my life.

And if you have any life-advice, please post it! Im not sure about other people, but when an older person gives me advice about life, I take it with pride and honor knowing it can benefit my life.

my first bit of advice would be that if you are not trying to sound a particular way, don't say it. that always tips people off that there is a grain of truth, that is, that you know you actually are sounding that way.advice?
disclaimer: the following is not advice:
"buy a good life insurance policy. get a job with health insurance. join the rat race."
i don't give advice. advice makes for lawsuits.

if i were you, i would go out and play. that's one reason i don't have regrets. i would also save up enough money to buy a house. i probably wouldn't buy one, but its nice to have choices.

hm.

if i did give advice, i might advise someone who wanted advice to have lots of choices.
oo, make lots of friends, too. good friends, who will listen when you have to tell them you are dying and you don't want sympathy, but you do want to cry because you're scared. even one friend who can listen to the bad stuff is worth about a bazillion dollars.

and again, yes, its about attention.
i like attention.
irl attention is great. attention here is good too, but you really want to find that one good friend...

i've gone back to work.its the best attention of all.they say that when you have something incurable and dangerous, that you live in the valley of the shadow of death.but i keep forgetting that.i keep thinking that today is just like any other day.when i was younger (last year) i thought and i said i wanted to die with my boots on.lucky thing i have a couple pairs of cowboy boots.i'm going to start wearing them.and when they wear out, i'm going shopping.hee hee hee.

this year i was diagnosed with an incurable disease. i had it for well over a year. i finally went to the hospital where they told me if I had waited a couple more days I would have died.
Like AIDS, the disease I have is not the thing that kills you. For me it could be a head cold, or a blood clot in my leg. Its the secondary things that get you.

so i don't know if i will die in a week or tomorrow.

i could say it sucks but I have lived enough that i have no regrets. i am getting ready to go back to work. i am going to do things differently, but i am not going to do anything special.

i was having fun already.

i don't have advice for the living. my head just isn't there anymore.
as for the dying: write for yourself the advice that helps you do what you want to do.

that is truly sad.. if its true.. if not you do not have a heart because your playing with it as if it were a joke..
but anywho, yes just live life to the fullest now, dont worry about the mistakes you have made alreasdy

live everyday as if it were your last..

even if it means hurting others, i mean it is your life

/giselle