xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
master_bacarra

Chocoholic Squirrel Steals Treats From Shop

HELSINKI (Reuters) - A Finnish squirrel with a sweet tooth heads to a Finnish grocery shop at least twice a day to steal "Kinder Surprise" chocolate-shelled eggs.

Get the full story here.

I was smiling all throughout while reading the story. I know some of you might think that squirrels are annoying (heck some may be shooting them in their backyards). It makes you think how quirky and clever these creatures are (and may I say picky too). To think the squirrel only chooses a certain type of chocolate everyday. Unfortunately, it doesn't know how to throw his leftovers properly.

This is a pretty funny story. My guess is that on the first visit there that's what it sniffed out and when it found out how good the chocolate was it decided to stick with it and forget about trying other stuff. I wonder what it does with the toy, bury it? Throw it at other squirrels? Gives it to other squirrels to play with? I'm glad they didn't kill the animal for stealing the chocolate. I wonder if they got rid of it yet or if they are gonna let it keep getting the chocolate or experiment with it.

There was local news here of a similar event. A seagull walked into a store, made a left turn, took some cheetos (i think it was) and exited the store. All caught on camera. Very interesting to see, found it slightly comical. Apparently, there's starting to become a common food-stealing habit amongst small animals. Bears and stuff is old news. :P

Lol, they should record a video and upload it to youtube or something. I find it really funny how the squirrel even takes the toy. I wonder what the squirrel does with it. Lets just hope the squirrel is smart enough and does not inform other squirrels about his findings, otherwise the owner is just going to have to prevent them in some way or another to enter the store.

It's amazing what these creatures can do. Another twist to the "oh no mother nature is hitting back on us" :P Feel the wrath of squirrels! I suddenly remembered one of the skits I saw in MadTV where the squirrels attacked the humans taking a video near a golf course. But you know I keep on thinking that the squirrel might get hit by a car while crossing the street after "stealing" the chocolates, for some unknown reason.

The squirrel might be collecting the toys inside and throwing the chocolate away?:PI doubt it.

He's probably building a castle with all of the toys that he will use to attack the world! Funny story Master, just goes to show that you should never trust a squirrel. The cute animals always do the crimes lol.

I doubt it.

Definitely. :P Well the chocolate was his goal in the first place anyway. I think he only throws the toys and the wrappings aside, probably knowing he doesn't have use for it. :P

He's probably building a castle with all of the toys that he will use to attack the world! Funny story Master, just goes to show that you should never trust a squirrel. The cute animals always do the crimes lol.

Looks can be deceiving too, you know. Reminds me of Happy Tree Friends. Cute and Cuddly, but DEADLY! :P If you watch that, you know what I mean :P