xisto Community
musicfreak

I Love My Neighbor, I Get Free Internet From Them

well, i don't see it as the same as the dummy who said it's the same as leaving your door unlocked for anyone to walk in and take full advantage of a house that isn't theirs.i have my own service, but if i didn't and found a connection, i would link to it 18mbps? if someone needs so much speed, then they know how to lock others out of their network so maybe they are leaving it open. and who says it's a home anyway? could be a business. a motel maybe? who knows.it's like when people put things out on their lawn for anyone to openly take. but people have to be carefull because if it's on the lawn, you can't take it. it has to be on the sidewalk. the part of the property the county or city owns.i will assume that if people aren't using a password, then their intent is to share a connection and i would never feel bad in sharing that connection. especially an 18mbps connection. maybe if i knew it was for home use only and the connection was 1mbps or less. but if i need to log in, i need to log in if i can find an open connection knowing nothing to bad will come of it. i am not a theif, but i am no angel either.....but i make up for it in other ways....

Providing your service isn't slowed down, I don't see any problem letting other people usea wireless signal if you have no bandwidth limits. I went ages without an encrypted signal a few years ago when I had wireless.Don't forget. Wireless goes through the air. The same air everybody breathes.