xisto Community
Archangel_Baw

What Pets Do You Have tell us about your adorable babies...

wow you have alot of pets! i have 2 dogs and a bunny. but in the past i've had about 6 hamsters 3 snakes 3 gold fish 4 mice and 4 birds x.x i really want a cat but my family is alergic to cats. kinda weird that i'm the only one that isn't alergic to anything

Ok well in 1998, we got 12 small cute chickies, and they were cute. We also had 3 cats, 2 of them died about a week after each other, so we got new ones, all of whom are really fat and lasy. We had a german shepherd dog for ages until she died in June 2005, then in August we got Widget, a cute little designer dog that is badly behaved (and cute).Well back to the chickens, they all died of different things from 2000-2004 (IIRC about 3 died in 2001 alone) and that was sad. So in August 2004 we only had 3 chickens left, and then I got home one day and Queenie, my favourite who I had had since 1998, had died. I swear that was the most saddest day of my life, it took me ages to get happy again.So in October we got another 6- all cute silverlayed wyandotes (all the previous lot were bantams ) except one brown one which is a pekanese (??). One was a big white chick 2 weeks older than the rest, one was a little brown pekanese which was 2 weeks younger than all the rest, another white one and 3 black ones.Well 2 of the 6 ended up being roosters >> One of the black ones (who we named Monty) and the normal sized white one (Godzilla)(not the bigger white one).In February 2005, we decided that Monty was too vicious to keep (he constantly fought with Godzilla, whom we tried to keep separate from him, and Monty started attacking us) so he went to a produce agency somewhere...So we managed to break the Brisbane City Council regulations on rooster owner ship for a while! In March 2005, Big Chick (the bigger white hen, which by that time was now the same size as everyone else) got broody and had 6 of her eggs hatch (she sat on the for 3 weeks, mustve been boring for her) and they were all pretty cute too, except we realised later that 4 of them were roosters.Then later in March 2005, Softy, a chook we had had since 1998, who was by now blind and had a foot disease so she couldnt walk that well, she was getting worse and worse until we decided it was time to put her down, so my dad, who is a vet, gave her an injection containing this green fluid "the green dream" that puts chooks to to... well you know.So we had just Quilla remaining of the old flock by then, and the 12 new ones.In April, Spotty got broody also and had only 1 egg hatch- and in this one egg was a little bundle we call "Chinimick".In August we had to get rid of 2 of the newer roosters, Cleopatrick (it was originally called Cleopatra but when we found out it was a boy we named it Cleopatrick, I dont know why...) and Zorro, so they went to our local vet who sent them to a produce agency somewhere to be sold for chook breeding.In September, another of those 6 newer ones, Fuzzball, who was a rooster but couldnt crow at all, got sicker and sicker, and one night he was starting to go blue, because in his throat was some sort of cancer he had had since birth.. so it was best to give him the "green dream".So by then we had 10 chooks- Chinimick, Little Chick (the brown pekanese),Big Chick, Big Chick Junior, Spotty, Downy, Azza, Godzilla, Quilla, ChookletIn October, one night we were locking the chooks up when we realised that there were only 9 there- Chooklet was missing (dun dun DUN!)So we searched frantically for her, as we live on the edge of a gully and there are snakes which really do get the chooks if they are out After hours of looking, we went to bed because we knew she must be too far to find, and all hope had gone.So I fell asleep... until around 11pm my parents woke me up with chooklet in a cage, and told me that they were preparing to go to bed when they heard frantic squealing from outside, and they found chooklet down in the gully on the fence, with a snake wrapped around her, so they grabbed her and took the snake off, and she was still alive!In December 2005, i think it was the 6th, we came home from shopping and found something was wrong with one of little chick's eyes, so a few days later we took her to a bird vet, who basically said there wasnt much to do except give her this eye ointment stuff, it made her a bit better but her eye was unusable, because of a scab that grew in the eye surface.A few weeks later, she got really sick and we found it was Maricks disease, which has a high death rate in chooks, and kills them a long and painful death, so we just kept her in the house for weeks, giving her heaps of food and keeping her not too hot or cold... she survived it and no longer had that disease.In October 2006, Quilla passed away on natural causes...Then in January 2007, one morning we had a knock on the front door, and a council work person said they had received a complaint about the roosters... this baffled us as all our neighbours liked the roosters and their crowing, but they had to go, so a year and a day ago exactly we took them to one of my mums friends farm out of the city, where rooster ownership is allowed.Noone has died from then until now, thank god, except a few weeks ago BCJ got sick and we found the whole flock had severe case of samonella, so we had to give them this powder in their water which made them better :)Thankyou for reading!

No pets for me right now. But I used to have a cat named Linda and a dog named Barry (yeah, I'm the kind of guy who gives real names to pets).I remember the first time we first had Linda, around 1997. She looked abondoned and looked sincere outside our house. My mum found her and took her in. She was the black and white kind. I'm not so good with the species of cats!We had her for a while, but when we moved house, we had to leave her with the new owners. I felt sad leaving her :) As for Barry, a friend gave us a puppy in 1999 but got run over :)

a boy dog, a girl dog and 8 puppies =D
They're cavalier spaniels / poodle.

They're adorable.

aw i love puppies

I adopted my dog (shes a girl) her name is latte and she is a german shepard beagle mix!

*update (if I have already posted in this forum)*3 Fish*unknown gender*a lionhead, a fantail, and a unknown type of fish. names are:lionhead romeo, fantail juliet, and fred. (I did not name these)

The very first pets I had where fish... Don't really remember who many there where; just that they died really quick! :D I had just bought them and a wonderful tank with plants, sand and lightening - everything I could wish for. I got the fish around 11 am. What I haven't bought was something stable to stay on... :D They lived almost an hour until I heard a loud crash and then all my pets (those who survived the crash) where all over my living room. Some of them lived for a couple more days, but they finally died of internal trauma. It was a mess as you can imagine and I felt sorry for them, but its not I got attached to them or anything.With my second pet the story is very different. Since I had the fish experience my parents and I decided to get something far more easy to take care of. So I bough a turtle. He name was Leonardo (for the Ninja Turtles). He lived for seven and a half years and finally died of a eye infection. The infection didn't really kill him, he starved to death :( since he could not open his eyes to eat. Didn't have money (maybe I had but I didn't want to spend them) to take him to the doctor. When he died I cried (one of the few times I did) and I was almost 17... I buried him in the garden in front of my flat in a chocolate box... with all the honors he deserved. I always imagined I would give it to my child and he would take care of him for another 20-30 years.Two months after Leonardo died I bough two more turtles which I named Leonardo jr. and Donatella (it should - read hope - be a male and a female, but there is no way to tell). They are now two and a half years old and grew a lot since the day I bough them. My two turtles have quite a personality. They are my alarm clock :( . Every day around 7:15 am they start swimming really loudly because they know that when I wake up I feed them. But they never miss or be too late ot too soon... every day at 7:15 am sharp... :o As if they have some internal clock. It's pretty amazing how animals can adapt and the way they get the conditional reflexes (since this is a conditional reflex).At my grandparents, in the countryside I have a lot of cats and a dog (named Lion in my language). The dog is a living relic :( he is over 18 years old, he doesn't really see anymore and he doesn't hear as good as he used to. For those of you who think that they should only give them dog food I have to tell you Lion has been fed only with cooked food... remains of cooked food that is. And he still lived to be so old.... One time my grandmother had 3 adult cats and 4 kittens. It may seem much, but it really isn't since the cats usually travel at the neighbors too. There are, just like with people, some loyal ones...

I wouldnt say that I'm not a pet lover because I hate to see them mess around our house. Before, I usually love "Love Birds" because I dont know... Lol... Well, the funny thing here is that when my Mom arrived in our house, we opened the cage badly because the Lover Birds flew and it fly's around our house. My Mom commanded me to close all of the doors and the windows so the Love Birds wouldnt escape. And we're lucky we've catched the Love Birds and put them in jail... lol... the jail is the cage. We usually put the cage outdoors and I know it's kinda inappropriate but there's no really space inside. And one time, a typhoon has come and destroy and destroy the things around, we forget that we should get the Love Birds in! So, after some days, they died and thats so sad.Last year, my cousin bought a dog and it's a very cute dog and I love to play with her dog but my Grandma hates to see her dog mess around her house so her dog has been also putted in the jail so it could not mess everywhere. But my grandma still hates it because of the smell. So my cousin and my grandma decided to send the dog to our one of our relatives. Oww, I really miss my cousin's dog...

My 8 month old puppy named Goma (Japanese for sesame seed):

Posted Image

He looks a bit like a German Shepard because of his markings but he is actually a Japanese breed called the Shiba Inu. Hes only about 20 pounds and he is the most annoying rascal, but of course absolutely adorable at the same time. This is the first dog I've ever tried to raise and he is one intelligent dog so it is a bit of work but so far very rewarding as well. Does anyone else have a Shiba Inu? Often times when I mention his breed people are a little confused but they are very similar to Akita's and Spitz in personality type - and supposedly one of the closest breeds to wolves. I hear there are about five dogs which fall into this category. He is very instinctive so when I first got him he would be terrified over the smallest noises. He even killed a bird in my yard once (sad, but cant be helped I suppose). I was absolutely terrified when I first saw him, but at least he didn't eat the poor thing! :o

Edited by pral (see edit history)

Well.. Where to begin?... The very first pet I had growing up was a cocker spaniel named Clancy. We had her for over 12 years. Then we had a minuture schauser ? spelling named Pepper. She also lived a very long life about 14 years. Now that I am married and my wife loves animals we have a lot. Since I was married, 3 years ago, we have had 5 mice, named Maple,Mr and Mrs Mouse, Midnight, and Patches. 2 Guinea Pigs Cali and Pepper. 2 Parakeets PoohBear and Tigger. 1 gerbil named Spidey. And last but not least we owned a cat named Shnokums.My wife and I love pets. We are probably going to have gerbils and mice for the rest of our lives.