xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Firefox Flaws Galore

Well it seems firefox flaws are becoming a popular now, the two flaws that have been reported all follow the same protocol that had posted about before;

The flaw lies in Firefox's URL handler component..
Like the first flaw, this one could be exploited by attackers to launch programs on the victim's PC without authorization, said Tyler Reguly, a security research engineer at nCircle Network Security Inc. "They're both related to the URL handling process," he said "It's just different errors within that handling process."

So far it would seem their are several patches for the first flaw, that only protect the OS and not fix the problem at hand. As of right now there is no patch for the second flaw that a hacker posted, and if memory serves me correctly this post also talks about the same thing. I wonder if Microsoft is jumping for joy now that Firefox is getting it's browser kicked all over the internet :P.

SOURCES
Here
Here
Here

Well they released 2.0.0.5 and I thought that fixed the first one... but I could be wrong. And we'll just have to see how quick 2.0.0.6 comes out with the fixes.

Even with all these errors I'm still sticking with Firefox just because I really don't like (trying not to say hate) IE. Hopefully they will get these problems solved and everything will work out.

If I remember rightly, one of these apparent problems actually lies with Internet explorer.A hacker can use a flaw in internet explorer 6 or 7 to actually start up firefox and load something.Now this has been patched by Mozilla FireFox, but microsoft announced they have no intention of fixing the flaw. Of course, this flaw also means IE --> other browsers also poses the same threat. Therefore it seems stupid that Microsoft refuse to fix this and just use a "well if you'rs isn't secure enough why should we make ours secure policy". Shame on Internet Explorer!!!

You have to realize how little number of exploits or insecurities there are in Firefox at all, though. Holes are discovered in Internet Explorer all the time. Now, I know that IE is more often targeted because it's what most computer novices use and has the higher market share, but Firefox usage is on the rise, now making up over a third of those browsing online, so it's quite obviously "Safer, Faster, Better." Firefox can also be easily fixed officially or non because it's open source :P.Also, I wouldn't exactly call two flaws "Galore," especially when one is really a flaw in MSIE :P

Even with all these errors I'm still sticking with Firefox just because I really don't like (trying not to say hate) IE. Hopefully they will get these problems solved and everything will work out.

But you did say hate! lol It's okay, lots of people hate Internet Explorer (or anything microsoft for that matter) :P

at last people have started accepting that there is nothing in this world, especially software that is 100% perfect without any flaws.I've seen many people blaming and calling names on the MS IE for its flaws and security issues, actually the reason is more people are trying to exploit the MS softwares than other free softwares. So u get to know about the flaws in MS IE very frequently, whereas in the other open source browsers like FF, only the developers lookout for the flaws and they are not in the view port of the exploiters or crackers, so there is no wonder we don't get to know about more flaws in them.:P

Well I didn't mean that these two flaws were "galore", I ment in general that I have seen quite a few more firefox flaws, bugs, hacks and all that other good stuff has been appearing more lately.

Jimmy If I remember rightly, one of these apparent problems actually lies with Internet explorer.
A hacker can use a flaw in internet explorer 6 or 7 to actually start up firefox and load something.

refer to my topic that does talk about what you mention.