xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoRuS

Paid Hosting Vs. Trap17 Free Web Hosting Trap17 : Free Hosting for websites

Hey peoples,

after a long while of absence I've returned to T17.

I have concluded that some paid hosting servers can never beat T17.

I will not mention the name of the server, unless I have a fiat for that, but here's the conclusion:

About one and a half year ago I had my site(s) hosted at Trap 17 for about a 9 to 12 months, in this period I had all...

A server wich only costs posting on a forum,

99% uptime (I never experienced a downtime longer then 2 hours, mostly my own bad :D),

A great community in wich I regurarly discussed points of view,

The ability to back everything up,

Cpanel (I really missed that too).

Still I wanted more, at that time I had a job in wich I builded sites for companies, so I wanted to show my clients I was 'professional' :P

I hired a package at a dutch host for ?29,- per 3 months:

Ok, I had more BW and space ( wich I never used fully)

They exchanged Cpanel for DirectAdmin, that's when the problems kicked in...

I had no permission to download backups,

The server was down once a week, for no less then 6 hrs,

Three weeks ago, the server went down for 36 hrs or so, they politely sent a mail telling me they lost all my files, databases and so on.

They still haven't recovered, because now I lost ALL permissions... Can't even create a public_html folder in my root (LOL!)

So that's my conclusion...

in my experience Xisto is more reliable then some official paid servers.

Wow! Sounds like you have had it rough. My brother and I put a site on another host for a while. I still had this account for my personal site but we wanted a site for our clan. So he paid for a host. I recommended Xisto - Web Hosting but he already had created the account. So, as it was, our site was constantly suspended for unknown reasons and was down every other day for one reason or another. We eventually gave up on that and we put it back here on my Trap account. Although it currently isn't in use, it's still up all the time and I can depend on it to be there when I need it. We didn't have Cpanel but I didn't really use the Admin panel they had too much anyway so I wouldn't know too much about that.

Wow! Sounds like you have had it rough. My brother and I put a site on another host for a while. I still had this account for my personal site but we wanted a site for our clan. So he paid for a host. I recommended Xisto - Web Hosting but he already had created the account. So, as it was, our site was constantly suspended for unknown reasons and was down every other day for one reason or another. We eventually gave up on that and we put it back here on my Trap account. Although it currently isn't in use, it's still up all the time and I can depend on it to be there when I need it. We didn't have Cpanel but I didn't really use the Admin panel they had too much anyway so I wouldn't know too much about that.

Yeah, IF I'm ever to use a paid host again, Xisto - Web Hosting will be the first I go to.

Only thing to resolve then is the manner of paying, but that could be solved easily :D

I think that was your first problem was that DirectAdmin panel, my first look at that I wanted to cry :D, it was just a horrible set up. As for servers most likely they got them from second hand reseller hosting site with bad tech support. Of course I find it strange that they wouldn't let you back p your site, especially when they lost your files and heck I would mention the website hosting company name, what are they going to do, hunt your down and break your legs. However, one correction I would make is that compared to the hosting you used Xisto is better, but of course Xisto is better then everyone else so it don't matter anyways.

what are they going to do, hunt your down and break your legs.

LOL, well if that's the case I'd recommend keep it secret!! unless, of course!, it's wartime and two broken legs would get you send back tou you're country hehe.
At least you searched and came to a conclusion of where you want to be. And one that you are pleased with :D

Haha very interesting review. I have a site hosted with Xisto - Web Hosting and thankfully no problems so far but Xisto seems to be just as good as it. Xisto should actually charge for its services :P That was a joke... please don't actually do that! :P

I think that was your first problem was that DirectAdmin panel, my first look at that I wanted to cry :P, it was just a horrible set up. As for servers most likely they got them from second hand reseller hosting site with bad tech support. Of course I find it strange that they wouldn't let you back p your site, especially when they lost your files and heck I would mention the website hosting company name, what are they going to do, hunt your down and break your legs.
However, one correction I would make is that compared to the hosting you used Xisto is better, but of course Xisto is better then everyone else so it don't matter anyways.

True, but they do have my adress and such, so untill the service is officially terminated, I'll not mention their name (yet).

The directadmin is a horror indeed, with CPanel you could upload your whole site inside a .zip and unpack it,
with Directadmin, all files have to be uploaded seperatly, wich costs me 30 mins more.
Also browsing true the panel is a big difference and they gave up lots of features too.

They had CPanel when I signed on, but I guess they changed owners and the new owners are clearly noobs at it.
After they had my account back on (2weeks later) they sent a mail about how they learned from this :P

Haha very interesting review. I have a site hosted with Xisto - Web Hosting and thankfully no problems so far but Xisto seems to be just as good as it. Xisto should actually charge for its services xd.gif
That was a joke... please don't actually do that!

No please don't! lol

That sucks that you had to waste money on paid hosting ,when you had better free hosting right here. That's a shame. At least others now can learn from your mistakes and choose a reliable paid hosting providor or Xisto - Web Hosting.

That sucks that you had to waste money on paid hosting ,when you had better free hosting right here. That's a shame. At least others now can learn from your mistakes and choose a reliable paid hosting providor or Xisto - Web Hosting.

True, but some people dont know about this place. I'm so glad (and lucky) that i found T17. It's like the best kept secret out there! :XD: