xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvalkass

Acer Customer Support Not exactly the best in the world

that's funny... i read the whole transcript. one thing is for sure....for a company that seems to offer very little assistance, they sure seem friendly. but i am sure that that is just part of their script.

one option you might want to take is to go back to where you purchased it from and talk to the manager there. i am sure they might want to be interested in this warrenty problem. i'm sure they don't want to promote a product that has issues with their warrenty. it looks bad on them too. where did you buy your acer? walmart?

you might also want to do a little research to try and find out where their corporate office is and their phone # so you can talk to them directly. so they can resolve the issue with their warrantee dept.

lastly, you get what you pay for and acers are cheap. my last computer was an acer aspire and i had absolutely no problems with it...let me do a little digging. if i find something worth adding, i'll add it here....(as far as alternative resources...

Actual Acer customer service transcript

Acer Customer Support

<p>My Acer Support experience</p>

<p>Title: Locating an Acer repair center</p>

<p>Customer <span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space: pre"> </span> 11/29/2009 09:10 PM</p>

<p>Greetings! I have an Acer Aspire One netbook (D150-1165) that I have had for about 4 months. I just recently tried using an external monitor (lcd) and the picture at any resolution (tried native for the monitor and all other options) is fuzzy. I tried 3 different monitors (different brands) and different cables, and even tried a fresh driver, but I still get ghosting that makes the external monitor unusable for me. My other old acer laptop looks great on the same external screens. Help! Should I send the unit in for repairs? If so, where? Running XP. Thanks!</p>

<p>Acer Response</p>

<p>Thank you for contacting Acer America. I will be happy to assist you with this external display issue.?The Aspire One supports having the display output on the internal LCD screen, an external monitor, or both. Hold the Function (Fn) key down and tap the F5 key to toggle between the different display modes.?Note: To switch to an external monitor or have the display output on both an external monitor and the internal LCD screen, an external monitor must be connected and powered on before switching the display mode.</p>

<p>It's been a pleasure assisting you.</p>

<p>My next reply:</p>

<p>Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, Your response did not answer my question or solve my problem. I can make the second display function - that is not the issue. The issue is that with this netbook (and only with this netbook) the secondary display is very fuzzy, has bad ghosting, and gives me a headache. As I stated before, I have tried different resolutions (including native resolution), different external monitors, and a fresh driver for the second monitor. Today I borrowed a friend's acer netbook, and the same secondary monitor is crisp and clear with HIS unit, but not with mine. I think there is some RF internally with my unit that is causing the ghosting. Can you address that issue? Again, I know how to make the display appear on the second screen. The primary screen on the netbook work fine, the only problem is with any external screen that I try. Please let me know if you need further clarification, or if you would like me to try to take a photograph showing the ghosting. Thanks!</p>

<p>Acer Response?</p>

<p>Thank you for contacting Acer America. I will be happy to assist you with this external display issue. I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. After verifying your serial no:-xxxxxxxxxxxx, we found that your product is in warranty. I suggest you to update the VGA driver to resolve the issue:- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/- Download.Acer.Com/GDFiles/(etc.) Your service request id is:- xxxxx</p>

<p>My next reply:</p>

<p>Thank you again for your quick response to my question. Unfortunately, downloading and installing the driver you suggested still did not fix my problem. I had already tried an updated driver, but I reloaded the driver from the link you sent and tried it anyway, and it did not improve the situation. The external monitor is still ghosting just as badly as it did before the driver was installed. I cannot stress enough that I really believe I have a hardware problem. I work in Information Systems at my job, and if this issue were happening with one of our units, we would return it under warranty. I really believe this unit is getting interference from inside the case that is causing the VGA port no not function properly. I do not believe that any combination of drivers or video settings will fix this issue (I have tried them all). Please let me know if you can be of assistance. If not, please direct me to a phone number or warranty center that I can call.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>Acer Response <span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space: pre"> </span> 12/02/2009?</p>

<p>Thank you for contacting Acer America. I will be happy to assist you with this display issue. After verifying your serial no:-Lxxxxxx01, we found that your product is in warranty.</p>

<p>I suggest you to contact our voice technical support telephone for further assistance. Our voice technical support telephone number is:- 1-800-571-2237, Mon-Fri 7am-9pm CST and Sat-Sun 8am-5pm CST excluding holidays.Your service request id is:- xxxxxxxx</p>

<p>My final response:</p>

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I spoke to a person in the number listed above. That person referred me to a PAY for technical support number. When I asked the person at that number why I was sent to a site that would COST ME MONEY to address a WARRANTY issue with an Acer computer, they told me I should INSIST TO TALK TO AN ACER MANAGER. Please READ ALL of the correspondence in this case. Please understand that I know about computers; I work on them at work, and I am VERY familiar with hardware, software, ports, addresses, and settings. Does Acer really have a warranty department, or is the warranty worthless? I have a physical hardware problem within this unit. If ACER is not going to help with that, please let me know, and I will do business elsewhere forever more, and post reviews containing all of the above text at retail review sites. Note that I would not do this for any reason other than to warn other people, and that I would not state anything other than the contents of this correspondence.</p>

<p>Please just tell me, this time without my having to ask again, if Acer will stand behind their warranty. Yes or no.</p>

<p>I do not expect they will provide any help.</p>

installation not possible, use of e power in acerAcer Customer Support

sir , My laptop is not allowing me to install XP in it. It just allows me for installing vista. When I go for XP it says that there is no harddrive installed in your computer. I have formatted it many times. I have had zero formatting too. Secondly , my model name is aspire 4720Z it has a function  key named "e" in the keyboard but it never works. Whenever I press it,  it says " the system cannot find the specified file".Please send me answer for my queries & oblige

-question by shiraz husain

Acer p630 GPSAcer Customer Support

Hi,

I want to reach the desktop on my Acer p630 GPS device. Manual says I should restart the device and hit the "foto" tap and it will take me to the desktop. However, this is not working. Any suggestions? 

Thank you!

Agreed!!!!Acer Customer Support

Acer warranty is definitely the worst in the world! Purchased a new machine on 16th December, was a DOA, and am still waiting for a replacement! Every time I phone the support line, I get a different story...It seems it is "in progress" since then!

Would never buy an Acer again, buy anything else, but not Acer!

UNABLE TO INSTALL MOST OF THE GAMES.Acer Customer Support

The speed is very slow,Not able to install 8 out of 10 games.What am I supposed to do in order to play more games, only EA games can be played on it,does it have anythg to do with graphic card,or is there any graphic card, using vista speedy as OS. Please help me & let me know which is the most suitable OS for me & how can I increase the speed of my overall lappy.

-reply by Sumit

My Acer LaptopAcer Customer Support

Hi

Its been like 2 yrs now I am using this laptop everything was kinda fine till the time last week a couple of keys started malfunctioning and a few are not working at all.

I am using an external keyboard as of now but I wana get it fixed and serviced..

Pls advice

Thanks  

-question by Preet

Power cord problemAcer Customer Support

I'm having a problem keeping my power cord plugged into my Netbook Aspire One D150.  Any ideas what may be causing this? 

-reply by yabadaba

They donAcer Customer Support

I recently had my monitor from Acer go all white - nothing at all on the screen. Luckily, I still had my old monitor and got it hooked up with no new problems. Now I ended up going through a tough time getting them to let me send it in under warranty to get fixed. They even tried to tell me that it was my computer that was the problem  even though just switching monitors fixed the problem. Of course I had to pay shipping into them, and they were very good to get it back to me quickly. Unfortunately, they did nothing to fix them problem. I came back with the exact same problem. It's like they just repackaged it and sent it straight back to me. Either that or the person who was supposed to fix didn't even hook it up to see if it was fixed. Now they want me to send it back into them at my expense to try to get fixed what they didn't even check to see if they fixed in the first place. What horrible customer service.  

-reply by maspconn

Acer owns GatewayAcer Customer Support

Good luck. Acer owns Gateway. I have had wonderful Acer products but if you need support you will not get it. You get emails with answers that do not answer your questions. You get referred to the company Mentor Media which sends out the disks. Their phone system hangs up on you when you are leaving your name and number. 

I phoned the main Acer Canada line to see if I could get a real person to talk to. The lady would not even pass me up the chain even though I asked several times to speak to someone above her because I was getting nowhere.

In short if you disk cracks,you will be more cracked if you try to get help from Acer.

-reply by Charles

Probably should have gone with the SonyAcer Customer Support

Yea horrible customer service... Why must they outsource? I called about my hard drive crashing after watching a dvd... I guess the thing overheated... But it took forever to get fixed and on top of it, they made me pay for shipping... If the thing was under warranty why couldnt they pay for it? Fml... Well after I got my machine back, I recieved my windows7 upgrade that my laptop was eligible for since I bought it close to the time when windows7 was released... I got the upgrade package in the mail and attempted to install the upgrade... First of all it said I could not upgrade because the versions were not compatible, even though I said vista home premium for 7 home premium... Furthermore, upon the last section for installation is prompts me to type in the product key, I did so... Then it says this is an invalid windows sku... ***... I am the only person to have this package, no one else and the product key is not valid? so I call acer and of course I cant understand them, but I tell them my issue and they say that its not their problem, its microsofts... So I have to call microsoft and I speak to two different people... They say its acer's windows upgrade department and make me call acer again... Acer tells me the same thing and says that it is not their issue... They have nothing to do with that... So I need to speak to another microsoft rep and they transfer me to another rep... That person finally gives me some different numbers that don't work again... And now I don't know what to do... I'm so tired of this company... I am a college student and needed a new laptop so I thought a little cheaper would not hurt much... Man was I wrong... The time and money put into this thing could have just gone towards a better quality laptop and company with better support... Screw acer 

-reply by fromaz

Tech support people messed up my notebookAcer Customer Support

When I bought this ACER notebook...I was excited; it instantly connected to WIFI and I also have a router at home; it seemed convenient.

2 months later; oh, how I regret.  Each time I'm away from home and need to use my notebook in an area without WIFI, I have to call tech support to have this setting changed from WIFI to internet connection, it doesn't happen automatically.  When I need to use my notebook in a WIFI area; I have to call tech support again to have this reset.  This is so F***d up.

Today was most frustrating:  Two techs assisted me with all the wrong information.  First one keeps me waiting for 15 mins and doesn't return to complete my call.  Second one made me uninstall some drive and now I cannot connect to WIFI and then he tells me I need to back up my files before I can restore my settings. ***!  My notebook doesn't have a disc drive.  He tells me I need to purchase a disc drive and do a backup on whatever.

He screwed it up so bad.  I'm so livid I can't get this piece of crap to work.  Their online tech support is the pits.  I would never, ever and never recommend anyone to purchase any ACER products.  I should have listened to my friends in the first place when they told me not to purchase ACER products.  I heard about the tech support people screwing up instead of trying to fix up.  Now I read the reviews and I believe them.  What a f***and mess.

I now will get my husband to call in and have them fix this  I'm too frustrated to deal with them right now.  Wish they all spoke English clearly.  Well thats my frustration with this messed up ACER tech support.

-reply by Adrianna

acer customers support is the worst in the world, they don't care about any of their customers. How can you buy an item from a company and they don't even want to explain how the basic things works. When I called about my laptop to get help because I had just buy it. They telling me "when someone buy a car the car dealer don't show them how to drive it."  what kind of ****ty thing is that. No wonder why, not many people buying their product, with what I been through if someone tell me they thinking of buying one I will tell them not to and make sure they don't. Because money don't grow in trees.

ACER SucksAcer Customer SupportI purchased a laptop June 2009, the right hinge broke in October 2009, system still functioned. When I called support (left on hold for 45 mins) to let them know the issue they immediately said the issue was not under warranty, because I opened it when it didn't want to be opened, that I should have left it closed and sent it in for repair. After finally getting a rep to understand that the hinge was a mechanical issue and should be cover under the 1 year manufacturers warranty, I sent the system in for repair. Low and behold I get a phone call this morning informing me that they found liquid damage. The system has never been near any liquid whatsoever and it will be $190 to repair the hinge. How ironic that I had already taken the system back to the store where I purchased it and they said it should be covered under the warranty, so I should send it back to ACER for free repair rather than paying them to fix a completely new laptop that wasn't even 6 months old. They did warn me that ACER would probably not honor the warranty and find some issue to say would void the warranty.I told the ACER customer service rep to return my laptop and will make sure that I let everyone know to never purchase an ACER product. I guess you get what you pay for, I should have purchased the SONY like my co-worker told me too. You would think that companies would want satisified customers, but I guess ACER doesn't care.-reply by Imman

acer support - GOODAcer Customer SupportReplying to rvalkassSurprisingly, I had a good / decent experience with my Acer support. My desktop was fine until 2 weeks ago; I turned it on, ther was an issue then suddenly it just died. They were very quick and accurate with looking up the computer, then telling me how to ship it in and fix it. It had been about an exact year since I purchased the computer at my job, sao I was not even sure if the manufacturer warranty was still active or if I missed it by a week or something; it did not even matter or come up in the conversation. They just agreed to taker it in; it sucked to have to pay like $20 for shipping but it got there okay, and they were so fast to repair it. So far it topok them less than a week to repair my computer and I should be getting it dropped off again on Monday. The only thing I wish they would do is communicate better. I got emails about receiving and shipping my desktop, but never any email with info. As to what went wrong. So I am still waiting to figure that part out when I gedt my desktop back, but until then I will say I deal with manufacturers all the time for customer, they ****!! So I was so surprised when they were so easy to work with and gave me my desktop back so quickly. I love their company so far and hey, can't complain when things go so easily and painless if I just do what I am supposed to. I could not expect Acer to take anymore responsibility than I would, since you could not tell what went wrong. I have nothing bad to say about them; I think some people should take better care of their stuff or use extra warranties because if they think their items are worth so much, they should treat them better and take better care of their info. On it; I know I learned my lesson.

New R3610 wonAcer Customer SupportI bought a new Aspire R3610 with Win 7. I use a Sprint mobile broadband on my laptop with XP, and want to use it on the Acer. A Sprint tech helped me download the new software required to use the card on Win 7. It installed and when I click it on, it "connects." When I open the computer "Connection" window, it also shows that the computer is connected. But I can not get on the internet. I click on Internet Explorer and it just says "Internet Explorer can not display the web page." No matter what I put in the address bar or the search, that is the only response I can get. Have tried Google.Com, Yahoo, and the default Acer site. Nothing! I'm not a computer genius. Do I need to load a provider? Any ideas?-question by alecbl