xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DOMMO_10

Cs:s Counter-strike: Source Gun Tips

AK 47

Fire in short bursts, dont spam because you won't hit anything!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M4A1

Do the same with the M4 as AK-47 Fire in short bursts but with the M4 u aim just below the head to get headshots

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P90

The p90 is an awesome weapon. First though you have to learn to use it. use short bursts at long range and wait for the crosshair to close up. at short range. LET LOOSE. but if you run out of rounds quickly switch to your sidearm(if you dont carry one you are stupid) the p90 properly used is even better than the ak in maps such as cs_italy or de_cbble. open areas are slight deathtraps. stick to the walls

Shotguns

To use a shotgun effectivly, make sure that you jump around like an idiot, this will make it harder to hit you and will not negativly effect your aim because the shotgun spreads anyway. Aim more for the chest than the head because if you hit the chest more bullets are likely to hit the target doing more damage.

Scout

When scouting crouch to get better accuracy, and aim for the head of the enemy. when used correctly the scout is way better than an awp, even though the awp is a 1 shot kill 99% of the time, the scout is lighter and easier to aim and maneuver.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified. Refrain from unnecessary characters, such as "-", and use the board's bbcodes.

for ak use 2-3 burst shots, however for m4a1use 4-5 burst shots at medium/short range and 2-3 at really long ranges. actually the AWP can be easily maneuverable just like the scout if u gain experience with it. AWP is the most dangerous weapon in hands of an experienced player and is deadly in matches. crouching doesnt really improve accuracy for the scout.

The awp is easy to shoot and hit people say its hard because u have to be perfictly still but that ain't the case all i do when running and see the enamey is stop pressing the movement keys and twitch fire. which is when u fire twitch your mouse right to left or left to right over your oponent like the head just move the crosshair over the whole head and its like shooting one long sideways bullet lol it works most of the time for me i;ve usually gotten the hs when doing it. for example over in de_dust2 i hide as a ct behind the wall after the box looking at cat-walk and when i see a head i just twitch over it and i almost all the time get a hs or even at long. but u cant twitch 2 inch of eather side of them eather it will miss u gotta be almost touching the person with the cross hairs at all times. the m4 i usually do 6-7 busts cuz witht he m4 the recoil on the m4 is low u can also spray with the m4 because of the recoil if you aim at the chest and you will spray just at the head so just move your crosshairs over their bodythe ak47 ou need to do 2-3 shots cuz the recoil is so extreme you need to aim at like the feet in order to get a hs and the spray is far so its really not worth trying to spry with the ak.

I do agree with most of your suggestions though I do feel that the AK-47 is a superior weapon because from what I have tested it does more damage with less shots. However it is completely useless if you do just spam it as you said. The M4A1 though, at short range is still pretty effective even if you do spam it at close range. The AWP is a very deadly weapon in the hands of an experienced player, but possibly completely useless in a new one. Though it does have a one shot kill for most of the shots, it doesn't help if you can't aim! A good tactic to use if you really have run out of bullets with your side arm, and can't use a knife (because they still have ammo) just try the no-scope. Just judge where you think they will run next and wait for their names to show up then fire. If you try moving along with the target your bullet will go aray and probably miss so you have to make sure you at least hold the "crosshair" still for .5 seconds. This will cause the bullet to go straight and kill the target, hopfully.Well there are my 2 cents worth of CS:S weapon usage. I just began to play again so don't put too much thought into it! Hehe.

Try reducing you're crosshair by going to console and typing in Cl_crosshairscale 8000 , it helps me get 1337 headshots, also try to strafe alot so you dont get hit much.

Replying to DOMMO_10The scout is better because its light, its the fastest weapon to run whit (faster than knife and nades) the acc is extreme you can run towards an enemy aim him in the head and shoot and you will probably hit a headshot...A noscope tip whit scout is.. Care about where you think the aim is, making a dot on your screen is annoying and retarded.. Using scripts is cheating... So... Just look at there head or the bodypart you want to hit them in..Awm (awp) kills whit a oneshot unless its a legshot or armshot... Thanks...-reply by 9tram

scout is way better if you have a good aim but for me 1 hit kill is better because you need 2 shots often to kill and if the enemy is close, youll not have a chance to do the second shot

I prefer to use the Ak47 or the M4, you can spray if you know how to control your recoil. You just need to slightly move down your mouse when you shoot. I only do that when I am close to the person though, If you need to take long shots burst is your best bet for killing them. The awp is a great weapon also, a bit easy to kill someone as it only takes 1 shot to kill someone. The trick with the awp is to just make sure you hit and take quick shots.

When you are scrimming you want to use burst fire and pull down till you reach the stomach same with all guns-reply by CevoMan

Scout is better than the AWP if you have skill. Scout is lighter than knife and has amazing accuracy (can be shot while moving) and is a 1 hit kill in the upper chest or head.Anyone can use an AWP. That's why it's called a noob cannon.-reply by Justinstein

depends on your ideaCs:s Counter-strike: Source Gun Tips

I like the awp. It may be heavy but if you  can bunny hop just pull out your pistol or knife and go around faster then a person with a scout. Also, it does more damage to the body then the scout. In the head it doesnt matter. So why not awp. It takes alot of skill to awp, same, so does the scout. So it depends on preference.

-reply by chris

My Tactics:

M4A1 Assault Rifle:

Normally to get the most accurate shots, and when playing against pros, use aimed shots to the head but use the silencer. Many people say that using the silencer affects your aiming, well it doesn't. It might have in 1.6 but not in source. After countless trial and error over the last 7-8 months the silencer proofs itself as a sweet bonus. Also when closer or fighting noobs spray toward their lower rib cage, you can also do this while running :P.

AK-47 Kalashnikov:

When long range Always aim between upper chest and lower chin, using burst shots of 1-3 rounds. This is a guaranteed kill.

When Mid range aim for their body taking cover in the process, using burst shots. If you go for a longer spray pull down from the neck to the waist of the enemy. And at short range just shoot them in the head or spray your choice.

Desert Eagle:

Never spray this gun unless in very close contact with person. Always aim for the head. If the server has bad rego try to hit their hitboxes which should by default lag 0.01 sec behind the game model that you would see.

Scout Sniper Rifle:

FPS Doug once said running with a knife is faster, well he is wrong. When holding scout you run faster than someone holding a knife. Also when in close range always no scope [not using scope] to shoot it saves valuable time. When scoping try to practice aiming at the head. If your not satisfied with this, then try firing the weapon at the body, 2 shots to body equals death.

AWP Arctic Warfare Sniper Rifle:

3 things.

Does the most damage out of all the weapons.

Heavy to handle.

Always flick for close up shots.

Oh and change your in scope sensitivity, try a cs:s command site to locate command, or maybe youtube. Will help with your flicking.

MP5 Assault:

Try to aim for the edges of the head, this normally gives me the quickest kill.

Knife:

4 Techniques, trust me I am a pro at this.

1. Go toward player and use 2 slashes [left click] and 1 stab [right click]. Make sure you practice your slash distance on bots. Slashes can reach futhur than stabs. This technique is called Scout kniving. It is faster than doing 2 stabs. Oh and it takes exactly 100 damage. Also use your crosshair, it has to be on the enemy all the time.

2. Use the technique expained before but trick the players sense of direction, by following them, going around them or anything else you think of.

3. Use the opposite of previous 1 stab then 2 slashes, I never use it, but i know it still works.

4. The basic technique that everyone knows, 2 stabs, takes 130 damage but is the slowest. Normally I use this when bunnyhopping around the enemy. Also try to strafe diagonally beside enemy so they get confused where to hit you.

=========================================================================

Hope this helps you in your gameplay. I could stick around to explain tactics for all the weapons although I get bored when typing alot. B)

One of my favourite wepon for medium range maps. Use it to get multitude of headshots. Try using it in burst-fire mode. But it has one disadvantage. Its less effective for long range. Try using M4A1. Its superb. Although AK47 seems much powerful than M4 but its recoil really bugz me.

-reply by Brut4l1ty

The A DOUBLE YOU PEECs:s Counter-strike: Source Gun Tips

The awp is a very lethal weapon in the hands of pro as everyone says, but everyone says it's a "Noob's Weapon" or a "Noob Cannon" that just proves for how long they have been playing (3 months - 1 year)

Cause everyone know's that Awpers can EASILY be outsmarted, for example

your in Dust2

You just came out of A long tunnels, your teammate run straight into A long, and gets AWP'ed

At this point you realize that there is someone camping, there are 3 effective ways to outsmart him.

1. Throw a smoke grenade and dive into the hole, (Or skip the smoke and just dive) then try peaking up and down until you see where he is and take 2 burst fires.

2. Throw a flash against the further wall making it bounce closer to him, when you hear the bang quickly run out and shoot him.

3. The most effective way, Quicky peak around the corner, 0.5-1 second, hopefully making him twitch and shoot, then when he has shot, take the advantage that he has to switch to Sidearm/Reload, wich can take up to 2 seconds, run out and take 3 burst shots.

(I ESTIMATED THAT YOU WOULD BE CARRYING AN AK47/M4. Can be done with all other guns tho. Except for Shotguns.

Well I don't know what kind of awpers you play with, but usually, a smart awper would take cover if he/she misses their first shot. Not just stand there and get hit by enemy fire. Also, if you're playing in against a decent sniper, 0.5 seconds is enough for them to hit you. 

-reply by aeadg