xisto Community
mirage

Ie, Mozilla, Netscape, Or Opera?

I personally use internet explorer as my default internet browser. I love the speed at which it loads up and like the way it usually loads up any website consisting of languages such as activex, java, shockwave etc which are very handy languages for simple games to pass the time away when you're bored!I have got mozilla firefox installed as a backup, should internet explorer fail, or should major hitches on the internet explorer code be found. I can simply choose which browser to use when. Mozilla is a lot slower on my machine though.Lots of folks seem to use firefox! Keep the comments coming in, they're interesting :D

All java works on Firefox, if not better, dhtml and flash tend to not work properly however and can be demonstrated using http://www.gamesville.com/ and playing the pool, cause firefox wont work properly, i cant click on anything to accept or decline challenges so im forced to use IE, overall ive only come accress 2 websites so far that firefox cant handle which have been gamesvill and a DHTML Lemmings game. (Properly coded however, everything will work in firefox). Bad coders are why certain things wont work, and then most people just blame firefox, but thats not the case... if you code properly then it will all workĀ  :lol:

35052[/snapback]

The DHTML lemming game worked fine for me: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ā 

Gamesville works fine for me, I tried the main page and this game:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/&

Ā 

Seems whatever was causing the bug there has been fixed.

i use opera. opera is just too good of a browser. it is pretty good for windows, optimized for it. browser speed tests say that opera is the fastest browser on windows, unlike firefox, that loads slow, and IE, which uses accelerators to try and speed up intenet. for those of you who just want tabbed browing in IE, get foxie (http://www.foxie.com/). it adds a security shield around IE. or you can wait for IE7. as soon as IE7 comes out, i will probably use it. So basically, GO OPERA!

I use Firefox. Its got a popup blocker, and I like the multiple tabs option. I also like the fact that you can put bookmarks in the bar under the url box. Internet Explorer is the main thing I avoid when using a browser.. I can't really say whether or not I like Opera, 'cause I've never used it. I just happened to try Firefox first, and stuck with it. If Firefox ever starts to bother me, I might, but until then, Firefox is fine. Internet Explorer is.. unbearable :\

I use Opera since version 5 and still love it.Like they say on their website, it is simply the fastest browser on earth and I think the most handy one.I really like the huge possibilities to change the look of the interface and the security that Opera gives me.

i have used all of them at some stage and i must say they are all pretty good, they are all much better than internet explorer but out of the three of them i would have to say that mozilla firefox is the best to use i just find it much more user friendly and the pop up blockers and things work the best

i prefer IE since i use it most of the time...i use mozilla for certain reason but i mostly use IE..the new version IE came out n its alot better...althou its basically like mozilla its just as good now so IE can start gettn its reputation back...i dont really know what changes have been made to it xcept for the looks and appearence of it becuase it looks more attracting...most internet browser now have tabbed windows..

i dont really know what changes have been made to it xcept for the looks and appearence of it

It has increased support for CSS2 (while everyone else is moving onto CSS3).

I have to admit been using ff alot more now don't know why but Im using it more. CSS3 is old news CSSXTREME is the new thing (j/k it doesn't exsist)Ok the only reason im using ff more is that it as a add on for my yahoo mail which i like so I don't have to click on the link just click on the arrow.

I use IE out of habbit, but, after that use Opera Over Firefox.I get far more page problems wit hfirefox than Opera and I.EAnd despite what any of the many Firefox Fanboys wil lsay, its not as safe as they would liek to think, just not as targeted and established as I.E, AND Opera Conforms best to multiple web programming languages.but I.E 7 should be a vast imrpovement <_<

I use both Internet Explorer and Firefox, I've definitely switched from crappy outlook to the more stable Thunderbird for emails (coupled up with AVG). As for the browsers, I still use IE in some cases on sites (ie Java specific or so) but every where else most of the time Firefox is used.