xisto Community
Unregistered025

Hearing High Pitch Noise In My Head WHY does IT HAPPEN?

causes of tinnitusHearing High Pitch Noise In My Head

Hi all,

just in reply to the neuroma post, I also hear a high pitched frequency which is continuous (one of the reasons I got on to this forum). But I would just like readers to consider other possibilities before they all panic and think they have a tumor!

I had a toothache recently, and with the pharmacy being closed (it was after closing time) I picked up some aspirin, (I.E. Couldn't get ibuprofen) which I can use as an analgesic (painkiller), however, after taking this, I began to become aware of the tinnitus (which in my case was a continuous HF sound, like a whistling sound). After some investigation I discovered that one of the ingredients in the ANADIN tablets that I had been taking was Quinine, which according to the Wikipeedia (see article on Tinnitus) causes cichonism, Tinnitus arising from excessive doses of Quinine which of course was in the tablets I was taking (and I probably had taken too much - anything to relieve the tootache). I put the side-effects of some drugs as another possibilty, before we get into conspiracy theories, and other insane ideas, lets consider a rational natural cause. 

-reply by sandman

Well i don't know why but i have thee same thing too, but it mine happens randomly. So sorry that i don't have an answer, if i find out, i will tell you. ^_^

I get the exact symptoms as you,.and especially in the early hours in the morning around 4:00 AM. Even if you cover your ears you will hear it since this is a low frequency wave. Due to the 3G+ and 4G wireless products entering the markets like smart phones and I pads,..the signal emissions have been upgraded on the Mobile Base Station Networks from analog to modulated pulsed transmissions. I live 60 meters away from a Mobile Base station,..and hear those high pitched frequencies continuously. They go through peak hours and peak levels such as early morning disturbing the sleep and creating thirst, creating headaches, ear aches, and even toothaches at the jaw. And Guess what, this is in Cairo Egypt. Why you in America, might hear these high pitched frequencies years before us in Egypt,.is since technologies reach Egypt a few years after. But I can definitely vouch that these high pitched E and Hiss noise are electromagnetic and microwave frequencies from a Base Station in close proximity to you.

I get the exact symptoms as you,.and especially in the early hours in the morning around 4:00 AM. Even if you cover your ears you will hear it since this is a low frequency wave. Due to the 3G+ and 4G wireless products entering the markets like smart phones and I pads,..the signal emissions have been upgraded on the Mobile Base Station Networks from analog to modulated pulsed transmissions. I live 60 meters away from a Mobile Base station,..and hear those high pitched frequencies continuously. They go through peak hours and peak levels such as early morning disturbing the sleep and creating thirst, creating headaches, ear aches, and even toothaches at the jaw. And Guess what, this is in Cairo Egypt.
Why you in America, might hear these high pitched frequencies years before us in Egypt,.is since technologies reach Egypt a few years after. But I can definitely vouch that these high pitched E and Hiss noise are electromagnetic and microwave frequencies from a Base Station in close proximity to you.

I started experiencing this noise about 2 weeks ago. What I've notice is that it seems to go away or lessen at times but in reality what's going on is that external noises and other distractions make seem like the noise has disapeared and then come back. I have massages certain parts of my head and discover that some areas are sensitive to the touch. The noise seems to come from the rear part of my skull. If anyone finds an answer please share it. I think this started from working too much and staying up until late hours in the evening, sometimes 2 in the morning.

I live in Hong Kong and I had this high pitched noise in my head for 5 years starting in 2006. The noise is definitely in my head and not from the ears as all the doctors suggested. When I first had it, I could not sleep for days and my blood pressure shot up to 200. Hearing tests, xray, magnetic resonance (MR) of the head, sleep tests yield nothing abnormal. Sometimes even I get to sleep I was woken up by this very loud noise at 3 or 4 am. Standing up however reduces the noise. Finally I came across a Neurologist who prescribed me 2 drugs: Tanakan and Deanxit. After taking these two medications the noise damps down and I can have a sleep. I now titrate it to the minimum dosage. The Neurologist however was not too sure of the cause. I am also suspecting that 3G is the cause because the timing matches the time when 3G was introduced in Hong Kong. I will do some experimentation to check it out, e.g. going to places where there is no electromagnetic radiation. If proven my plan is to construct my room like a Faraday cage.

i agree with t3jem regarding the brain not having enough oxygen supply. you need to do a lot of breathing exercises in order to supply your body with more than enough. take note of the proper breathing (inhaling through nose, exhaling through mouth, with deep breathing). you might also want to do some exercise, it also helps with the breathing part.

with regards to the buzzing sound, i believe it's either you spend too much time in a very noisy place or listening to very loud music using earphones. cellphones don't usually do that to the ear unless the opposite end is shouting at you. you might want to lessen being in a crowded place making phone calls. it's like a "duh" situation. if you're in a crowded place, and it's very noisy, the tendency is for you to shout and for the other end to shout as well (since you can't hear them).

and lastly, you might want to go to the doctor for that and not to us Posted Image despite the fact that people love to give out advices, things like these need a professional checkup.

Ok, not to sound bad or anything because I know you were trying to help but the loud noise is not the only reason for ringing in the head. I am a very quiet person, always have been. In fact I'm one of those people that can watch TV with it muted and still hear it. I have a ringing in my head very often and I have high blood pressure (hyper tension). The ringing is called tinnitus and can stem from many different causes. One big cause is over medicating... for instance if you take too many aspirin you will get that ringing or buzzing in your head. There are more reasons but saying that loud noise is the cause is not really true. Doing a little research on the internet can go a long way also because even though loud noise can be a cause, as I stated there are many causes from an ear infection to ...well psychiatric reasons such as depression and anxiety.

I have that problem too! I am surrounded by noises all day long, so I only notice it when it is completely silent. It is horrible. There are times when I can not hear it. I never have headaches, and it is not like my head hurts. It is just this high sound that never changes itch volume.

I experience exactly the same as Bluebear....never dizzy, never have headaches .... it just this very very High pitched sound that never changes its pitch or volume.. It is there where ever I go ... buzzing in the background... frustrating if I stop and concentrate on it.

It could be that you people are constipated and bursting small vessels in the brain when pushing too hard. Or it could be that there is something seriously wrong with your attitude causing you to think you are going nuts when hearing noises in your head. Maybe a positive outlook on life will cure your noise problems.