xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Think I've Perfected It Please Review! DailyRant

I LOVE the new search box. Fits right in. But your nice javascript drop-down seemed to have disappeared in safari :P The menus just pop up now without enlarging like they used to. I tried it in firefox and it still works. x( As much as i hate to downplay safari, it does like to break javascript that has a very small error in it. Even some of the Xisto forum drop down menus don't work. Did you change anything to the javascript since my last post?Edit: Nevermind its fixed again :D

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

I LOVE the new search box. Fits right in. But your nice javascript drop-down seemed to have disappeared in safari :P The menus just pop up now without enlarging like they used to. I tried it in firefox and it still works. x( As much as i hate to downplay safari, it does like to break javascript that has a very small error in it. Even some of the Xisto forum drop down menus don't work. Did you change anything to the javascript since my last post?

Edit: Nevermind its fixed again :P

Ah, thanks once again alex! I've been away for a week so nothing has been done on the site.

your post actually quite worried me, until I read the last line, although I must have read the first bit at least three times before reading the last line haha!! I didn't change any of the javascript, I just changed the html that the php searchbox module generates (at least that's what I thought I had been modifying :D), to go along with the safari bonus features :(

It's odd that something like that would just change, but I do know that when javascript is disabled the smooth drop down stops and the menu appears instantly. it sounds like you had javascript disabled somehow (maybe temporarily?) or some cookie problems :D

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I really like this website. The design is really nice, the colors fit in well and the Java Script drop down box is really cool. I think it looks professional but still fun/cool at the same time. The side navigation is a plus because sometimes people don't notice that there is a drop down box they just look at the top links, or if for some reason the drop down box doesn't work they can always use the side navigation. I haven't seen the site before now so I don't know how much it has improved but I think it looks really decent right now. I can't see any improvements need at the moment.

Thanks dude. I like what you said about it being cool but professional and fun at the same time... Actually, I hadn't thought about that use for the side menu! I just happened to set it up that way with both using the same menu links! :PI suppose it's a good thing you couldn't find any improvements required :D I sorta had my eye on the search box styling, but it doesn't seem to be much of an issue!

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I like how it's uncluttered and it's easy to find everything. Overall it's a pretty nice layout and color set.

Eh, thank you very much! It's good you can find everything, I put a lot of time into organising the menus!

Dude awesome site, nice layout and design. Its like a professional site. Just like alex7h3pr0gr4m3r said, it does look like you slapped the search box at the last moment. :PI wish you luck on continuing your site, ill check up on it once it a while to see how it does so don't mess it up!! Again awesome.

Edited by craz (see edit history)

I haven't actually read much of the content on the site but I can tell you the web site design is stunning. It I was just rating the design id give you a 10/10. Well done! Great job.!

k... Great site. Good use of Joomla! The design is excellent - cuz its simple. Why dont you get a different rating system (like the Javascript ones all new websites have?)Overall - a great website.

I like the theme your site has (not style, theme) and the logo, its very straightforward about what's the site about. Anyway, I think you could update the Who's Online section since it doesn't work... or its not working for me (I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 as browser) your user rating system is also not working :s I can't rate without it can I, lol :o Just KiddingBesides those 2 problems, the site is pretty much cool :D I'll try to visit regularly from time to time and check for updates and read some rants :]