xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Delete Posts?

I really hope this is not on the forums anywhere but I did check.Why can we not Delete any of our posts? Like in one case a member accidently double posted. I wish there was a feature that allowed us to delete any posts that we make. I know nothing of how to do this but I know some things. Lets sat I wanted to delete this post. After I deleted my Posts Count would go down and credits would be deducted for exactly how many I earned in this posts. We are allowed to edit and change a few things to out posts but I think we need more editing ability with our own posts.And again I am sorry if a topic was already made.

Edited by TypoMage (see edit history)

You can delete your own post by simply reporting yourself and asking a Mod to delete your post. They'll almost always comply.

Well yes WaterMonkey that is true but what if a mod is not on or anything like that. All I am saying is that it would be very more simple if there was not just a button or something right under all of you posts so you could delete them with a single click.

The question would be why would you want to delete posts? Besides the fact the post could spam related, or off topic or something else that is against the rules. On top of that when a post gets deleted 1.5x the credits gets taken from your account and so if you start deleting more posts you will lose more credits then your making. Also if your post contribute to the forum then there is no need to have them deleted in the first place.

I can understand if you want to get rid of double posts or something, but it really would just be easiest to wait for a mod.You can edit out all your text and just put "Sorry, double post, waiting for mod to delete" or "Double post" or something, and you'll loose credits wont you?

Deleting a post also creates potentially a hole in a thread or missing topic. Since Xisto is working hard to collect quality posts for SEO purposes (that's why quality posts is very important so that search engines "like" our forum), if a topic or a post is deleted, the search bot basically reports back and places Xisto as "unreliable" source for information. We do not want this at all.When a post is deleted, it blocks the flow of a topic in discussion. Not a good one there, too.I initially even went against bringing back the EDIT feature. But OpaQue had better faith in our forum members and so he brought it back. We just have to trust that EDIT would not be used in malicious manner--posting foul and vicious post and then editing before any moderator has the chance to review and rebuke.