xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

How To Hide Files Or Folders In An Image File !

How to hide files or folders in an image file !!!!!!

Yes, hidden files or folders in an image file. As you know winrar is one of the most popular and professional compressor programs in the world and with this program you can compress your files. Today I would like to teach you, who you can hide your files or folders in an image file.

First, compress your file or folder with winrar (for example myfile.rar). Select an image and rename it same as your compressed file name(for example myfile.jpg or myfile.gif). Then put both files in same location.

Ok, click Start > Run and type cmd to run Microsoft Windows Command Prompt .

Go to files location (for example F:\Myfiles), then type following command and press Enter:

copy /b myfile.gif+myfile.rar New-myfile.jpg

Now go to your files location. There will be an image file; you can open this image file with your image viewer program like other image files. Open image file with winrar To open or extract hidden files.

Yup, Jimmy knows how to do this!! XD lol, i have been wondering how to do this myself, i just thought you compressed a text file and an image file.. :/ not sure, but... lol... i need to try this, but i guess its only good for game type things, because i don't think you and your friends are gonna send images to them for them to like uncompress just to see like.. one sentance? Lol

there is a technical word for this process: STEGANOGRAPHY :) (something new to learn everyday, right? :) and it is different from stenography, if you're thinking about it. :)) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steganography

and it is not limited to hiding text in images only. there are more ingenious ways of hiding things. see the link above for examples and a brief history of steganography.

Lol serverph's Rarryawn trophy tells us that he knew this before anyone else!!!(he decoded my hidden-file picture in the challenge :) )You can also use this method to hide a movie file in a picture or almost any other types of file to merge with a picture. Technically all types, but some will be seen as corrupt once the process has been done.If you encounter errors doing this, try to make sure that the file you're hiding inside the image is larger than the image file itself and/or try hiding a different file type :)Oh and I can't believe you stole my tricksy sneaky knowledge!!!!!! This was gonna be a tutorial of mine :_(

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

LoOoOoOoOoOoOoLzZzZzZzZzZzZz...ManIts a very very very very very very gooood idea man...I was searching for it about more than 2 or 3 years :P:P but just a small note... :I think that the '/b' command must be written after every thing not after the copy commandand Thats it..Thank you :P

hey thanx, i will try it and please also can you give the link of the software for this i hope there is one.........and please posts some more cool tricks all the best and thankyou very much

ya, this may sound that your files are hidden , but beware this is hidding only when the files are being accessed via windows GUI , on the other hand this will not work if some one is trying to access the same from MS Dos , for example let us consider you wanna hide 5 files , 1.exe ,2.exe ,3.exe ,4.exe ,5.exe , and you ZIP all these files into a myfiles.zip ,Now after you hide this myfiles.zip in a image file such as .gpeg or .gif , when you open from windows you can see a image file and can think that your file is completely hidden.But on the other hand go to start--->run--->msdos and just go to the folder where you have hidden the file , here you will be surprised to see that the file which you have hidden has the name myfiles.zip.jpg or myfiles.zip.gif , So friends this is a good trick , still it has its own flaw, so be careful.

sorry to post again........i have tried this trick and also it worked but the difficulty is that hoe to extract the file from the image........i have tried to extract but was unable to do so please help me....thank you very much