xisto Community
TikiPrincess

Does The Moon Have Any Influence Over Us?

Lunar Theory  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would also agree with this theory. I have read lots of articles somewhere of studies that where made that prooved that on full moon there were more accidents and people would act in strange ways. I dont believe in it in a superstitious sense, I rather believe in it in an emotional sense, like how some people are gloomy or sad in rainy days while others do not, I guess it depends on the type of person. I personally prefer cool really bright and sunny days, while I do have friends that like and are happier on rainy days. I guess the moon has some similar effect on peoples emotions.

I would also agree with this theory. I have read lots of articles somewhere of studies that where made that prooved that on full moon there were more accidents and people would act in strange ways. I dont believe in it in a superstitious sense, I rather believe in it in an emotional sense, like how some people are gloomy or sad in rainy days while others do not, I guess it depends on the type of person. I personally prefer cool really bright and sunny days, while I do have friends that like and are happier on rainy days. I guess the moon has some similar effect on peoples emotions.

I have to agree on that.

Whether it is on an emotional level or a superstitious level, the moon does have an effect on us.

The moon even has effect on us now, because we're writing about it.

Some things doesn't have to be proved in my opinion, they just are.

-In the old world they even had a calendar based on the moon's cycle, and they didn't need to add a day every 4 years to correct their calendar.

-Women have a cycle based on the same moon cycle, for as far as humankind can remember.

-Words like TikiPrincess mentioned, like luna-tic, aren't made up for fun.

Watermonkey mentioned that there are more 911 calls when the moon is full.

Maybe it is because of superstition, but even superstition is an effect of our moon in this case. :P

Just some thoughts...

Please be advised that in this topic when I say moon I am refering to a full moon.The moon must definitely have an effect over us, it makes the night less dark and if you are out on the pier with your loved one its the perfect excuse to make out and get really frisky. Well I am not an expert on the moon but I have heard stories that Mad people get worse during the full moon phase and progressively get more violent towards the full moon date. And I have realisd that after every full moon I wake up in the forest covered in fur and blood on my fangs - I mean teeth and my claws nah I mean nails are muddy and bloody, sometimes there are dead bodies oops there are logs aroung me and ................oops I gotta go its full moon tonite fur is starting to grow and my appetite is increasing hahahahahaha

beware we got a umm werewolve in our circle!!! bring out the garlic and silver stakes and steal some holy water from the church!! gotta protect ourselves from mandla!!uh ow 'fur', :P umm *kuch* nvm that :P misread a bit, thought u were a vampanyway i believe the moon has an effect on the people, since some theories tell stuff like increased amount of traffic accidents or mankind getting insane and going on some sort of 'lunatic spree' :Pand if the moon influences the tides of the ocean, its water, and human body's have 60% water in themso why wouldn't our body be under influence of lunar activity? perhaps the moon makes the water in our body shake or move around in some kind of way, but you can't feel it obvisually else you'd know itperhaps some scientists should investigate into this further, since it surely is an interesting point :P

i is a paranoia that makes the people think that the moon is playing a role. that or coincidence.

Just people trying to find a place to blame their troubles upon. I.e. you have a bad day, so you blame it on the gremlins. I looked through my huge book of compiled popular questions, and sure enough there it was, disproved by countless studies, as I said earlier. If this debate is to continue then somebody please provide a link with a website that has actual credible evidence to show that the moon affects the mind.

Very interesting thoughts. I am not really sure what to believe. I mean I don't doubt that it could have an effect on us but I might need a bit of proof. I ought to see if I feel any different when the moon is full but I probably shouldn't study myself. It'd be interesting to see just how it affects you. I would also like to know how it affects you like does it play with your blood pressure and change the nerves in your brain?

hello friends,quiet surprised to see not many replies in this very interesting topic.... i was expecting a lot more than what we have seen till now...after reading the posts in this topic, i feel bound to have a change of opinion... first i would like to tell you that what was my opinion in the start... i was of the view that moon can not have any effect on us.... but due to the posts and some research on internet, i feel that maybe it can have some effect.... because i have gone through some articles in which it was given that at some places there were more accidents on full moon day than normal... in mental asylums at some places it was reported that the fellows behave in a much more odd way during full moon...but the point that remains is, that if something of that sort happens, then do we have any scientific explanation for that???ok bye friends... keep thinking...

some research on internet

Do tell me about this research and its sources. Yahoo! Answers is the only thing I came up with :P .

but the point that remains is, that if something of that sort happens, then do we have any scientific explanation for that???

Yes, it's called probability.
Edit: I've checked out this site http://innerself.com/content/self-help/personal-growth/astrology/moonlunar/4462-full-moon-a-human-behavior.html and Googled its "reports" and I haven't found exact results (note that I don't have the time to check every single report in this article). If anybody can provide me with anything that's actually credible, I'll be glad to look it over.
Edited by dre (see edit history)

Actually the moon does make a difference on our lives. When there is a full moon it affects the water in your ears and thats whypeople think that people are crazy on full moons. I think there could be werewolvesalso.(JK) But the moon does have an effect on our lives. Also just seeing the moon affects my life i just like looking at it its just so wonderful.