xisto Community
OpaQue

Test Our Your Internet Speed Or Connection Speed. Nice site from mcaffe

https://home.mcafee.com/StaticGenericPage.aspx?page=cookienotsupported&url=%2fspeedometer%2fdefault.aspx%3fculture%3den-US%26ctst%3d1

This Site is really cool.. check out your internet connection speed.

For some guys who dont know what is internet connection speed, this article found on the same site might be helpful.

What is Internet connection speed?

Internet connection speed refers to the data transfer rate from the Internet to your computer. Basically that means the amount of time it takes your computer to download a given amount of data. Internet connection speeds are usually measured in Kbps (kilobits per second, or thousands of bits per second) or KBps (kilobytes per second). Nowadays with the technological improvements in data transfer speeds, Internet connection speeds can also be measured in Mbps (megabits per second, or millions of bits per second) or MBps (megabytes per second). For example, if you had a 28.8K (28,800 bps) modem, then it would take at least 4 - 5 minutes to download a 1MB file. If you had digital subscriber line (DSL), the same 1MB file would take approximately 10 - 20 seconds.

-Very nice find! I came in at dsl/cable speed, right on!

Haha, did you know that my speed is 1500kb/s :D... What I am confused about is why people don't just use speedtest.net, you have the option to choose the server you want to test at.

This is kinda cool. Anyways this is what I got from the test.Your Internet Connection Speed ResultsFile Size 600.005 KB Time Elapsed 1.588 seconds Is this any good?? I know I cable modem from comcast and its not slow but not the greatest either. But I dont have much complaints as I dont download alot.

Few years back i used service called PCpitstop and now there are plenty of such services. You can try "internet connection speed test" keyword on google for sites.

Speedtest is at the first rank in results. which is i guess preety accurate. you can even use small utilities for the connection check. i found one utility earlier that used to checks connection speed, incoming and outgoing bytes. if you know any popular such utility then do post about it here.

Cool site but i think it doesn't count the speed right, becouse the server. Anyway...

Your Internet Connection Speed Results

File Size

150.005 KB

Time Elapsed

1.977 seconds

I think the site http://www.speedtest.net/ is better for testing, and everything...

On speedtest, here is my result:

Posted Image

This thread is pretty depressing! I download at 2.5kb/s ALL the time (except when I'm downloading/browsing two things at once, then it halves!).