xisto Community
OpaQue

Test Our Your Internet Speed Or Connection Speed. Nice site from mcaffe

WEB:  home.mcafee.com/speedometer/default.aspx?culture=en-US

This Site is really cool.. check out your internet connection speed. For some guys who dont know what is internet connection speed, this article found on the same site might be helpful. What is Internet connection speed? Internet connection speed refers to the data transfer rate from the Internet to your computer. Basically that means the amount of time it takes your computer to download a given amount of data. Internet connection speeds are usually measured in Kbps (kilobits per second, or thousands of bits per second) or KBps (kilobytes per second).

Nowadays with the technological improvements in data transfer speeds, Internet connection speeds can also be measured in Mbps (megabits per second, or millions of bits per second) or MBps (megabytes per second). For example, if you had a 28.8K (28,800 bps) modem, then it would take at least 4 - 5 minutes to download a 1MB file. If you had digital subscriber line (DSL), the same 1MB file would take approximately 10 - 20 seconds.

to top everything that was said before up i just wanna add that1 byte = 8bits (1B=8b)remember that cause vast majority of ISP's show your Internet speed it bites for marketing reasons

Ummm, you do if you're posting here?Ummm.. owned?Ps. If you're posting on the forums for free hosting, keep in mind that only ligitamate posts will be accpet. That post will NOT be counted on your request for free hosting and might even be deleted.Just a warning to you.

Oh and:File Size: 150.005 KB Time Elapsed: 1.54 seconds -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 779.28 Kbps (97.41 KBps) Thats what I got from the speed test. thanks for the link Opaque.

262.8 Kbps heh, thats between ISDN and DSL/CABLE. Thing is I HAVE DSL, but I guess since I have a network bridge from my moms comp I don't quite have the full speed, eh. Cool site though.

File Size: 600.005 KB Time Elapsed: 1.873 seconds -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.503 Mbps (320.34 KBps)Bleh, lil bit on the slow side, i normally get 340K/s+ on my 3mbps dsl

they should rephrase the question for my part... it should be how slow is your internet connection. lol i got 17.5 for my 56k modem. oh my gosh.. how slow and how yesterday. i hope i could get a DSL connection after getting a job. I really need to get a job!!

I always use this site for checking my internet speed. But I have a problem with it. It works fine whenever I check it in Internet Explorer. But I am unable to do this in my firefox which is my primary browser. in firefox it always shows the speed NaN Kbps. Any other member had checked this in firefox????? If yes then please tell me.

but can any one please tell how this testing is done ? i mean what is the interior coding behind this ?? Is there any way that i can host such a site ? if so guide me please . I really couldnt get it how these people calculate speed , many sites have been launched for this purpose , but heared that many are fake ,they just wanna page impressions for their adv.