xisto Community
Reygekan

My Sigs Stupidly n00b

Yeah, I suck with GIMP but meh. Messing around with it and creating some sigs. Of course, the sigs are all horrible but that's not my fault. It's the fault of erm...

I'll tell you when I think of someone to blame.

Posted Image

I go by the name of Shodu on some forums, did this on my other computer (with the fancy brushets) before it crashed. I miss my brushes D=

Posted Image

Messing with render work

Posted Image

Y'know this is the first time I've ever used a Render in my sigs? I gotta work on that

Posted Image

I was bored <.<

Posted Image

Effects... so much fun. <3 Glow affects.

Posted Image

Megaman Zero is like god. Except he can't be god because I got dibs <.<

Harsh/Soft criticism encouraged ^^

Edited by Reygekan (see edit history)

Well, those are actually pretty nice. They aren't really ugly or anything. They're probably better than what I could manage.If you do even more practice, you will get even better with it and maybe you will be capable of making truly awesome sigs.Don't discourage yourself by thinking that they are bad sigs.Seriously, they're pretty nice. I especially like the first one.

I tend not to think of any of my work as good until it's some of the best simply so that my mindset never falls into "I'm good no need to try harder" although I know they're usually not as bad as I make myself think.Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it ^^

I tend not to think of any of my work as good until it's some of the best simply so that my mindset never falls into "I'm good no need to try harder" although I know they're usually not as bad as I make myself think.

That's a good mindset to have. With most of my work, I have a mindset of "Eh, it's okay" meaning

that my work isn't really horrible nor is it perfection achieved.

What you do is certainly better than what I could manage on GIMP. Do you know of any good tutorials that could

get me started?

When it comes to GIMP, brushes are everything. You can find some brushes at Deviant Art, or alternatively at GIMIPtalk

Pixel2life has tutorials on pretty much everything, and GIMPtalk has a lot of tutorials for GIMIP. You may want to check both of those places out.

Planet Renders has a lot of renders you can use as well. GIMP itself isn't a very complex program, you mmight want to just experiment with it

It seems what almost most of those sigs are missing is some Renders you can get some pretty good ones at Planet Renders or Anime Renders they are everywhere out there go get some and add them to it!

You might find this tutorial i made for the GIMP useful: Gradient-brush Sig. For renders, you may check out S_M's render topic. I'd recommend looking up Photoshop tutorials as well. You can do the same things in the GIMP, just more manual work.

I'm really starting to wish I chose another topic title <.<'Thanks for the links, I'll remember that for next time I open up the unholy GIMP. For now, I was bored so some more sigs are up on the first post. I really gotta get me some new brushsets <.<Personally I blame my lack of awesome brushets on someone that isn't me. 'Cause I can >.>

Edited by Reygekan (see edit history)

I onlylike the last two sig ( imean this when you added the new sigs )

Because the effects in these two sigs are good better than the others and they have renders :YAY:

Oh and the 2nd one you added the render. That makes it better. Do yousee? before it was wthout a render and looked ugly and now it is cool

The Text

This is you biggest fail.

Your text is too pale. There are no affects at all. Try doing this ( i'm not sute ifyoucan do this in the GIMP but in PS it works)

1. Click on your text layer

2. Hide the text layer

3. While the text layer is selected. Create a new layer

4. Apply the Image on this layer and Make a clipping mask for this layer

5. Now unhide the text layer

6. NOw next to the name of the text layer there should be a small image which has the letter "T" on it

7. HOLd "Ctrl" and click on this small image

8. It will select the outline of the text ( But the text wont be visible )

9. Go to Edit--> Stroke.

10. Select it by 1PX

11. It is better to keep it small other wise it wont look nice

What this does is Creates the color of the text as the backgroind so it blends really well. Thus it looks like the background is going into the text

Hope this helps

This is just a sall example of what things you can do with the GIMP or PS. The text is an important part of Sig making and without this t wont look very nice. It looks like you are getting to a good start considering you are a newb in sig making ( I THINK )

Well anyway there are many tutorials and do look at Truefusion Gradient- Brush sig tutorial ( Link was posted by Truefusion. And these are some goodsite

GIMPtalk--------->It is the most biggest interface of GIMP tutorials you can find many GIMP sig tutorials. I would considering Upgrading to PS but with GIMPtalk you can make the GIMP just like PS

Hope i have helped

Phew that is a load of typing:LOL:

Evil spirit is signing off :EVIL:

Your new sigs are even better. I like the effects. Also, thank you for the websites that you showed me.Perhaps I will get into more work with GIMP. It really is a nice program.As for your text, I think that your text isn't too pale, but on some of your sigs, you needto change the color of your text to make it more visible. That isn't really important,I think,but just makes it a little easier to read.