xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

I'm Sick Of People Making Xbox360 Or Ps3 Topics Why cant anyoine just choose.

Seriously, the number of topcs exactly the same over xbox 360 or ps3 or wii is stupid. No-one is getting anything out of such topics here at the trap, and everytime a new person seems to register, a new topic seems to show up. These are always "I can't decide on xbox of ps3 help?" Blah!Now come on, PLEASE stop making these topics. Do your own research, instead of for the sake of posting and simply get whichever one you want. After all it's your choice in the end!! Post a nice detailed review if you really want to help people out and help yourself with more credits as well. All three are fun and after all if a console is fun, it is good. So get the one you enjoy, don't just blag a topic and try and keep it going...Idiots.

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

You know that you are also making a topic about those consoles now right? LOL :)

Yeah, I make me sick. It's no secret. But I won't pretend - those other posts make me more sick...

It gives people something to talk about, Its our current technology. I own a PS3, never been a fan of the Xbox, and you can find friends online, for the PS3, since it has a friends system! :)

It is only not allowed if they are the exact same topic or just very similair. So yea they are not really that annoying I think that instead of choosing one of them get allot of money and get them all! :)

Seriously, the number of topcs exactly the same over xbox 360 or ps3 or wii is stupid. No-one is getting anything out of such topics here at the trap, and everytime a new person seems to register, a new topic seems to show up. These are always "I can't decide on xbox of ps3 help?" Blah!
Now come on, PLEASE stop making these topics. Do your own research, instead of for the sake of posting and just get whichever one you want. All three are fun and after all if a console is fun, it is good. So get the one you enjoy, don't just blag a topic and try and keep it going...

Idiots.

I agree, I see way too many topics about these consoles, but not just in Xisto. I swear, their EVERYWHERE! I've never really been into consoles myself. I bought a PS2 a while back just so I could play Grand theft auto, which is the best game ever made :) But seriously, I really have no interest in any of the others. I'd rather be spending my time on the internet...

You know that you are also making a topic about those consoles now right? LOL :)

Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing when I was looking at the topic title :)

Well Jimmy as a member of the forum is your role to report repeat topics and posts, so if you you see topics that are basically the same thing copy the link of the original topic and then paste it in the report post. Then say something like. "This topic is the exact same thing as the link, please merge.". You wouldn't believe how many topics I reported in to the mods in the last few months to merge topics together and how large some of them got; for instance the anti virus topic was only a couple of pages, but after combing through the forums and getting all the links together. I sent them in and depending on the number of posts per page setting I bump that up to 21 pages or 800+ posts and so if you report all these "clones" to the mods they will be able to take care of it. Yes you can complain about all the repeat topics but if you don't report them, then the situation won't be fixed and people will keep making redundant topics that are have been posted.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I sent them in and depending on the number of posts per page setting I bump that up to 21 pages or 800+ posts and so if you report all these "clones" to the mods they will be able to take care of it.

Fair enough SM, I will take note of those duplicate pages. I see them everywhere, not to mention they must be becoming a nightmare for mods to deal with...!!! Those antivirus topics is the same ball park, with almost exactly the same question everytime. And exactly the same answers.
First 360/wii duplicate topic here
Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Im tired of seeing them as well, but its going to be an ongoing battle and an ongoing discussion on board everywhere until something new and beter comes out.. But the fact is , yes all these threads are all the same.. yes i lik eit no i dont i like it cause its better and i hate so and so. but no one really gives good insights on the products the Consoloes being used. personal opinions are cool but everyone always writs the same lame thing..its time for people to really get into depth whne they post or comment on these topics..it would be nice to really get someone on there that really knows the proiduct versus people lik e myself .. I have been the one that has posted the I like it better than the other cause thats what i like.. and I have tosay.. it was a pointless post..but if we get people to post some serious stuff and less threads then maybe it wouldnt be so bad..but its not a perfect world so looks like there is no stopping it.. but I will help contriburte by no longer posting in those threads and or creating them

Thanks garbage, it seems giving those topics the ol blank is the only way forward =)but the even more annoying thing is that when someone actually posts some useful, fact-based post that should contribute something, it just gets ignored and becomes swamped in yet more "ps3 is great cos my parents are gettin it 4 me talk"

I think its fine if the people want to compare their personal hardware. It wouldn't be normal if people came to peace wiht things. Everyone wants people to think their way so these types of posts will happen. You can't stop it.

Yeah I guess you are making a game console topic!!!Yea, I think the people who run trap should just delete all of those spam topics, they are so anoying!I can't stand gamers as it is, and there console topics only make it worse!

In all reality, people will have their say, whether you like it or not.We all have our own opinions, but whether they are educated and well-thought or the typical immature and brain-dead response of "X sux n Y rulz! lol" is what you'll have to distinguish and pay more attention to accordingly. I laugh when I read ignorant posts... there are just too many fans of one company and they, for the most part, stick to their guns and defend their precious 360s, PS3s, or Wiis without fail. All you have to do as an outsider is to view them accordingly.A lot of people search the Internet for opinions, peer reviews, and whatnot before buying their console. Some are actually diligent; others don't even fire up Google to do a simple keyword search. (How many times have you told people to "just Google it?") The ones that are lazy usually post terse threads asking the simple yet vague question of "which is better?" Just let the fanboys sway the decision making of the OP... when it boils down to it, it's his/her money and if he/she buys the "wrong" console (in respect to what is expected of it), then it's a hard lesson that would have been avoided if they were actually serious about learning about the consoles.I think I've repeated myself in some threads, especially the 360 vs. PS3 ones simply because people are disillusioned by the "drastic differences" between consoles. Simply put, I did my research and I'm continuing to try educating others that they are virtually the same as far as performance goes. But of course, fan boys take over and my argument goes null and void, but as long as you put out an educated post that someone can learn from, you can't say that OP didn't get anything good out of it.There will always be console wars, format wars, X vs. Y. Consequently, there will always be elitists, people who don't know what they're talking about, and the people who actually know something that can contribute towards the pros and cons of each product.

Look all you have to do is not click on the topic or thread and leave it alone. But now i see that your complaining about xbox and ps3 threads but yet you make one complaining so just move along to another thread and you dont have to read them.