xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I installed NOD32 on an extremely slow laptop a friend of mine gave me. it hasn't slipped up on scanning yet, (i've checked it over LAN with McAfee)and it uses a TOTAL of................ 5 MB system resources.BEAT THAT!!!! :angry:

Ok i just got McAfee and installed it like two days ago and so far im happy with the way its running. Its fast and i think its doing its job it stopped two malware today and im happy with that. when i used to have norton it would just freeze my computer everytime there is something minorly wrong with it. Right now on my McAfee i have the firewall and the virus scanner installed, i might add spamkiller and privacy service later. But thank you styx for recommending McAfee, i knew about it but i could never bothered to try it out.

In one of my P-4 computer I am using freeware version of Avast antivirus and I got surprised to know that while visiting a website serials.ws, the Norton did not detected any virus, while Avast detected the virus and it also reports this in a very interactive way. So, one must be careful while visiting serials.ws using Norton antivirus

I think that "Anti Spyware 2005" is the best!
Here I uploaded its picture:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Description:
Erases unwanted cookies and temporary files, keeping the useful ones.
Control centre personalisation thanks to the Ť skins ť system.
Remote control mode for the software interface
Centralization of all updates in a single functionality.

I think Ad-ware is the best, but i currently use the one that Norton System Works has for the Intivirus that searches for the spyware, and i havent changed it because it has worked fine so far.

There are good programs like "Pest Patrol" and "GIANT anti-spyware". the first one it's a bit expensive, sometimes heavy and anoying but is the most secure and the second was bought by Microsoft and it's not known if they are going to make software or freeware.

I use two different Spyware, and they both work wonderfully! I use Ad-Aware SE and I also use Spyware Doctor, the best part is they're both free. You can download Spyware Doctore here.

I think that you can use more programs at one computer for the best result.I am using:- Adaware- Spybot Search and Destroy- CWS Shredder- Spy sweeper (trail)- Microsoft AntispywareMicrosoft Antispyware has realtime Protection. This always protects your computer. And the other programs I only use to scan my computer once a month. I also use Avast Antivirus and Zonalarm to protect my computer against virusses and worms and other junk

I am using a Router. It's much safer because it isn't software, but hardware. There are no leaks ore something and it works great. :)The SP2 firewall is (I think) a good firewall, but not the best. Microsoft is just trying to improve there software (windows), because many people know that it is not a safe system, and they are going to use an other system, like Linux ore something.

I have also installed Windows XP SP2 firewall. It is working fine, but there is a problem with my antivirus. I am using Norton Antivirus 2004. Wherenever, my system boots it shows "Unable to protect C:" and I have to close that message box to use Norton Antivirus. I have scanned two or three times my computer for any virus threat, but it has shown only one or two viruses. What does it mean? Is it due to XP SP2 firewall, because earlier I this message was not appearing.

I am using window's built in firewall and ofcourse other firewall as well .. because i think that the built in firewall in not that complete .. so it's better to have a double defence :)