xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I agree totally and hands down that Ad-Aware is the best free spyware removal program! It is the easyist to use and you get free updates too. The only complaint i have about it is it dosent have a "check all" option with the results. SOmetimes i find 100 or more results and its a pain to check each one individulally.I have tried a couple others that are ok but i like ad-aware the best. I havent tried any pay ones but from my experience on the net if you search hard enough you can find free software for anything that is just as good or better than some pay stuff.

Adware / spyware / malware / viruses / trojans. It's important to keep your computer clean (I don't mean wash it in soap and water) and free of all pests. We had the same topic in Xisto and I'm not going to repost the whole tread here but the link point to some instructions there on how to deal with the various issus you will see when houskeeping the commputer.
Spyware And Adware Removal

One that is not mentioned much is PestPatrol, that may be because it's a paid program.

Nils

Norton, not by choice, my mom put the p.o.s. on my computer :/ I hate it as it screws some of my stuff up, not because its bad, because norton sucks....IDK what the hell is with it.

I have norton because my brother installed it :angry: i hate him for it because it randomly deltes anything lol ah well even if i change it he puts it back lol.

Stick to the antivirus you are using! But i strongly recommend you to installzonealarm. Then you will be completely safe. I personally use NA04, tried 05 but i thought 04 was better...

I use Norton cause I got it for free from my internet supplier.... Norton would be great if it didn't use alot of ram... But I like Norton Internet Security... Ad blocker, pop-up stoper (I don't really need pop-up stopper :angry:) and more...But, as I said, Norton uses too much ressourses...

none, don't have to. Would recommend your next computer be a macintosh would save you alot of time and suffering. Seems that hackers and such are too lazy to create viruses compatible with mac so you'll be free and clear.round.trap17.com

I think the only reason Norton is winning even though the majority of the people on this topic don't like it is because it comes with almost every new computer nowadays. Norton came on my computer that I bought two years ago and it came on my sister's. It has a complimentary 60 days LiveUpdate - which is the only bad thing I can think of

Ad-aware's the best! cleans all the cr4p out of your computer, and doesn't hog resources. It also gives you a list of what programs are communicating with the internet and how much bandwidth they're using. -makes it easy to spot stuff that maybe got through the scan somehow.

ad-aware and spybot...they have been very very useful to me....spybot removes those things as well that ad-aware can't find...i'm very pleased with them both!