xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I use Spybot Search & Destroy as well as Javacool Spyware Blaster. Spyware Blaster prevents bad or unwanted ActiveX controls from being installed on your computer, as well as other types of spyware. I do not use Ad Aware because for some reason I thought I heard something about how it uploads your browsing and computer information to their server sytematically. Thanks, but no thanks. I really don't want information about my system being transmitted without my knowledge. Spyware Blaster is a good preventive measure towards spyware and adware. I would highly recommend it -- even if you're using Ad Aware and Spybot S&D already. You don't even have to have the program running for it to be doing its job. Best of all -- it is free. Though you can purchase a version that automatically updates itself, but that's not necessary since all you have to do is click a button.

I am very happy on all the reviews. Thank you for taking your time one this. But I don't get this one thing someone says Avast is slow and someone else says its fast. My AV expired yesterday. I wanted to know which one to get now. Nortor really loses out. Now the major contenders are Avast, F-Prot and AVG. I am still not sure. I think I will wait for some more reviews. Antivirus is a must. Viruses spread to every corner, even without an network. If you say there is no need of an AV then you don't have one, and when you install a good one and scan your PC you'll get a load of them having fun in your PC :D

NOD32 How you forgot to add it?Is the fastest antivirus what I have seen and is very god :DAlso I like norton because of utilities but it takes so many resources and pc-cilin because I got it with my computer :DMcAfee is god but I had many problems with installation so i don't use it Sophos is popular in croatia but even I am from croatia I don't think that is so useful :D After that NOD32 is NO1 :D is fast really god working, no problems with viruses and great stability :D I recommend it to everyone :D

I suggest Adware, Spybot is god and SpySweeper but is not free, I have adware professioanal and SpySweeper!SpySweeper has many god addons like startpu shield, realtime protector and Adware professional has almost same thing!Spysweeper is "bigger" so i reccomend it because of that but Adware is "easier" I mean "faster" and just lighter :D

That's all right, but I think what everyone wants from an antivirus is detection. 100% detection. although it is not possible. The higher the better. :D

Where's the "Don't need one" option?I was using Norton 2003 Professional since forever, but then I decided to kill the system tray icon, which turned out to be really stupid of me because that turned off the Auto-protect feature as well. Well, I wanted that back, so I reinstalled Norton, but now it doesn't work all together.Now I just have a firewall - Zone Alarm.

i dunno bout ur norton antivirus hoggin resource but mine runs perfect and it saved me from like 8 viruses and thats why i still use it and trust it. I also got internet security which helps block all the pop ups but ithink that lags the computer a bit. Ive tried mcafree which hogged my whole comp and it was laggin for like 30 min and i finally got to uninstall it. :D go wit norton

NOD32  How you forgot to add it?

Is the fastest antivirus what I have seen and is very god :D

Also I like norton because of utilities but it takes so many resources and pc-cilin because I got it with my computer :D

McAfee is god but I had many problems with installation so i don't use it

Sophos is popular in croatia but even I am from croatia I don't think that is so useful :D 

After that NOD32 is NO1 :D is fast really god working, no problems with viruses and great stability :D

I recommend it to everyone :D

57159[/snapback]

It's a really slow Antivirus. Why? Because it really scans files deeply. As in deeply. So, the result, the scanning is fast because probably on the real time scanning, it takes this herusticts so, that's why it's fast. Try Computer Associates eZAntivirus 2005.

...i don't use any Antivirus at the moment...but i've used Norton,NOD 32,Antivirus XP,Sophos....i can't remeber all of them.....but i think Sophos is one of the best;)

I am very happy on all the reviews. Thank you for taking your time one this. But I don't get this one thing someone says Avast is slow and someone else says its fast. My AV expired yesterday. I wanted to know which one to get now. Nortor really loses out. Now the major contenders are Avast, F-Prot and AVG. I am still not sure. I think I will wait for some more reviews.Antivirus is a must. Viruses spread to every corner, even without an network. If you say there is no need of an AV then you don't have one, and when you install a good one and scan your PC you'll get a load of them having fun in your PC smile.gif

ummm.....yeah. The thing is that programs run differently on different computers, no? depends on what your specs are, what kind of installation you do, how you've tweaked it, etc. so i would say to go search in google for antivirus user reviews, in addition to our 2 cents we've all given. see what the big picture is. you'll get a pretty decent average rating. and compare that to what's been discussed here.