xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Norton is $hit... It's fallen out of grace completely and most of the time it cannot catch some of the most harmful viruses/worms.. check out http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ .. and for a short report on the good ones, see: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/7612-a-good-offline-antivirus-recommend-me-some/

I just changed all the servers over to trend-micro's antivirus from Symantec enterpise edition. Trend micro is better when it comes to malware that are not directly classified as a virus. NAV don't catch all the Trojan's around and I had a lot of problems.I use cisco pix hardware firewall and ZoneAlarm pro for my desktop. I have looked at a couple of others but I like the ZA personally. ;)Nils

Hmmmmm for me panda is quite better one but they provide less frequent updates.

53581[/snapback]

Panad?! I thought that AntiVirus is dead! ;) Anyways, any other recommendations? I'm planning to use NOD32...

Hi, I have recently upgraded my pc to windows xp sp2. As there is built in firewall in it which is better than the sp1. I want to know how many members are using it. I have zonealarm earlier but now I have uninstall it because it takes memory and also slow down the internet connection. So now tell your choice with some description also if possible.Thanks.

i used it for a while, but it blocks a number of things without asking that it shouldn't or that it makes no sense to block, so i just bought a router with a built in firewall. all you have to do is forward the ports your gonna use once with that, and it never asks you again.

Now, first off, I was E-mailed by someone, and sent to this site as some osrt of an invitation I guess, whatever First off I want to say hello, these forums are awsome...-I want to know what and why the best Anti-virus software is. Lately I have been interesting in this. I do not care about $ or price. I simply want to know what the best Anit-virus software is...I am curently using Norton 2004 Professional, and I want to know if there is something better out there. I have been hearing that Kaspersky is one of the best. I used AVG, but I didn't like it too much, because I know there is better. Please give me a good reason why you like whatever product your are using. thanks ps Здесь кто-нибудь разговаривает по русски?

I used sophos, it was good, but didn't remove every trace of a trojan i had, it only detected one trojan files, avast home antivirus looks nice but it's actually a piece of crap, it kept detecting the same trojan so it must have been multiplying itself - avast just didn't detect it. Then AVG Free; detected all the entries i think like 7, and it removed all of em = the free antivirus was the best. I highly reccomend it!